Channel 4 Documentary - Uk

game4shame

the reason they show questionable looking gurls is that pretty gurls dont have the farang lottery syndrome in their dna makeup. pretty gurls do have choices in life that non pretty ones dont.

it took me a cupple of years to understand this by the way. their inner beauty of the rural gurl must be superb to get guys to build them houses, etc.

Edited by blizzard

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I almost dread standing at the front of a plane heading into BKK, and looking at rows of 50's sweaty, balding, tatooed in singlet and shorts tourists, and asking, is this what Thailand deserves?

Next time pay a bit extra for a seat and maybe you won't feel so bad.

Anyone know if the American fellow with a Thai wife who paid 136 million baht for a Sathorn penthouse condo recently posts here? :o

No matter how you look at it, a big supply of 'cheap' people is an asset to Thailand; never mind if it's in construction or spas or other service industry type things or in the bars..

I'm having a great time in the bars and no 2 bit documentary can make me feel ashamed about it.. I honestly don't care what anyone thinks!

What gets me is the hypocrisy of it all. Some people are selling sexual services and some people are buying sexual services. It can be sold or discussed with any number of different types of spin, but it is what it is.

But we are not talking about just prostitution are we?

We are talking about sex-tourism in which Thailand is a World leader and the closely linked human trafficking problem which unfortunately Thailand still has a massive problem with.

If only it were as simple as a transaction of prostitution where both buyer and seller are consenting, but it isn't.

Emp. I think the documentary is about sex tourism per sa, as opposed to sex slaves in dodgy brothels.

What's always the constant factor for these Channel 4 types on documentaries like this is that it seems to demonise the men. There is a thriving sex tourism scene for farang women in St Tropez, Jamaica and others, yet this hardly ever gets mentioned.

It's a case of 'lets just stick the knife in and twist it on those bad, bad western men enjoying themselves' :o

Don't forget Kenya - Turkey - and Thailand's islands (Koh Samuii - Koh Phanghan and Koh Chang - in particular)

Check out this movie: The Virgin Trade: Sex, Lies and Trafficking (2006)

"Following the adventures of filmmaker Stuart Kershaw in Thailand, this documentary unravels the complexities of Western sex tourism and its relationship with Asia's home grown trade. The investigation turns expectation on its head, in a shocking journey that is as brutal in its honesty as it is unexpected in its conclusions. Written by Stuart Kershaw

Filmmaker Stuart Kershaw embarks on a journey through Thailand's red light districts to investigate the world's largest sex industry. This exploration of international sex tourism turns expectation on its head, in an expedition that is as brutal in its honesty as it is unexpected in its conclusions. But who are the victims? Are parents selling their children into brothels to finance lavish Western lifestyles? Or do orphans fill the demand - smuggled into sex-work after disasters like the Tsunami? Stuart bulldozes a host of Thailand's urban myths whilst viciously affirming widespread exploitation and deceit. Written by Stuart Kershaw." - IMDB -

Watched the movie myself and found it surprisingly honest and fair.

Edited by bulmercke

What gets me is the hypocrisy of it all. Some people are selling sexual services and some people are buying sexual services. It can be sold or discussed with any number of different types of spin, but it is what it is.

But we are not talking about just prostitution are we?

We are talking about sex-tourism in which Thailand is a World leader and the closely linked human trafficking problem which unfortunately Thailand still has a massive problem with.

If only it were as simple as a transaction of prostitution where both buyer and seller are consenting, but it isn't.

Emp. I think the documentary is about sex tourism per sa, as opposed to sex slaves in dodgy brothels.

What's always the constant factor for these Channel 4 types on documentaries like this is that it seems to demonise the men. There is a thriving sex tourism scene for farang women in St Tropez, Jamaica and others, yet this hardly ever gets mentioned.

It's a case of 'lets just stick the knife in and twist it on those bad, bad western men enjoying themselves' :o

Don't forget Kenya - Turkey - and Thailand's islands (Koh Samuii - Koh Phanghan and Koh Chang - in particular) + Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco.

Check out this movie: The Virgin Trade: Sex, Lies and Trafficking (2006)

"Following the adventures of filmmaker Stuart Kershaw in Thailand, this documentary unravels the complexities of Western sex tourism and its relationship with Asia's home grown trade. The investigation turns expectation on its head, in a shocking journey that is as brutal in its honesty as it is unexpected in its conclusions. Written by Stuart Kershaw

Filmmaker Stuart Kershaw embarks on a journey through Thailand's red light districts to investigate the world's largest sex industry. This exploration of international sex tourism turns expectation on its head, in an expedition that is as brutal in its honesty as it is unexpected in its conclusions. But who are the victims? Are parents selling their children into brothels to finance lavish Western lifestyles? Or do orphans fill the demand - smuggled into sex-work after disasters like the Tsunami? Stuart bulldozes a host of Thailand's urban myths whilst viciously affirming widespread exploitation and deceit. Written by Stuart Kershaw." - IMDB -

Watched the movie myself and found it surprisingly honest and fair.

Channel: Channel 4

Air date: Wed, Dec 19 2007 - 22:00

Description: Documentary which takes a look at the other side of the sex industry through the eyes of working girls. The Thai village of Kranuan holds an annual competition celebrating the best foreign husband. Sex-bar worker Fon is being paid for by her Birmingham boyfriend, and hopes he will take her back to Britain. Meanwhile, single mother Lek tries to find a western spouse via the internet to help support her children, but as the e-mails dry up she reluctantly heads to Bangkok's red light district

Type: Documentary

channel 4 documentary to be shown tonight at 10pm in the UK - title 'my boyfriend, the sex tourist'.

I forecast a period of maximum cringe. :D:o:D:D:D

Documentarys asside did you here the latest proposals going to be put before Uk government,

Making it a criminal offence to pay for sex ! Whatever next !

I predict if this is made law the planes will be fully booked to the likes of Pattaya/ Bankok/ Cuba / wherever.

So will the girls be (fullybooked) lol

By the way I reguarly pay the ex wife and don't get any !

Edited by Theboss

Description: Documentary which takes a look at the other side of the sex industry through the eyes of working girls. The Thai village of Kranuan holds an annual competition celebrating the best foreign husband. Sex-bar worker Fon is being paid for by her Birmingham boyfriend, and hopes he will take her back to Britain. Meanwhile, single mother Lek tries to find a western spouse via the internet to help support her children, but as the e-mails dry up she reluctantly heads to Bangkok's red light district

channel 4 documentary to be shown tonight at 10pm in the UK - title 'my boyfriend, the sex tourist'.

Documentarys asside did you here the latest proposals going to be put before Uk government,

I predict if this is made law the planes will be fully booked to the likes of Pattaya/ Bankok/ Cuba / wherever.

To try and stamp out the worlds oldest profession ! It's the sheep in Scotland and Wales I feel sorry for ! Poor buggers !

<br />what are some ways that farm gurls can get themselves out of poverty, i would like to know............<br />
<br /><br /><br />

You'd better ask my wife then as her Mum told her they could not afford to educate her past 14 years old so she decided with her Brother to come to Bangkok (From Loei) work in the day and study in the evening and by work I dont mean prostitution. She did not want to be poor she said, not rich but not poor.

She ended up sharing a room with 5 other girls only 25 m2 and at age 24-5 finally got her degree in marketing (BA) not from a top notch Uni. Why did she do this? I asked her she said she wanted a higher salary than the 6-8ooo baht her friends were getting and she got 12000 baht and then started to chat with me and other people ,men and women, to try and learn better English and earn even more.

So it's down to the character and will power of each individual concerned and due to human nature its probably easier to end up on your back than studying every night for years. She won through with her determination.

<br />what are some ways that farm gurls can get themselves out of poverty, i would like to know............<br />
<br /><br /><br />

You'd better ask my wife then as her Mum told her they could not afford to educate her past 14 years old so she decided with her Brother to come to Bangkok (From Loei) work in the day and study in the evening and by work I dont mean prostitution. She did not want to be poor she said, not rich but not poor.

She ended up sharing a room with 5 other girls only 25 m2 and at age 24-5 finally got her degree in marketing (BA) not from a top notch Uni. Why did she do this? I asked her she said she wanted a higher salary than the 6-8ooo baht her friends were getting and she got 12000 baht and then started to chat with me and other people ,men and women, to try and learn better English and earn even more.

So it's down to the character and will power of each individual concerned and due to human nature its probably easier to end up on your back than studying every night for years. She won through with her determination.

-------------------------------

It's all a matter of perception. I've known a couple of vegetarian hookers.

In my understanding your in a better position eating bananas while working on your back then carcases while sitting behind a desk.

In the big picture that is... :o

did you know gurl monkies accept payment for sex from boy monkies..............lol. i saw doumntary bout monkies on my last visit to thailand, something i would never do in usa.

not mut to do be4 bkk nightlife starts.

Definately a downturn for the UK, and "BOOM boom for Pattaya ! please keep this thread related to humans !

I forecast a period of maximum cringe. :D:o:D:D:bah:

Create another law that they wouldn't have a hope of effectively policing. The fox hunts will still be out on Boxing Day - what happened to that legislation? Useless government with a useless fat oaf at the helm. :D

Making it a criminal offence to pay for sex ! Whatever next ! It was heavily debated in the BBC's have your say (now closed) & I'm glad to say, the consensus was heavily in favour of going in a completely different direction to what Harriet Harman is proposing. I would suggest that if alll women were a clone of her - man would lose the desire to have sex, let alone pay for it.

Create another law that they wouldn't have a hope of effectively policing. The fox hunts will still be out on Boxing Day - what happened to that legislation? Useless government with a useless fat oaf at the helm. :D

Making it a criminal offence to pay for sex ! Whatever next ! It was heavily debated in the BBC's have your say (now closed) & I'm glad to say, the consensus was heavily in favour of going in a completely different direction to what Harriet Harman is proposing. I would suggest that if alll women were a clone of her - man would lose the desire to have sex, let alone pay for it.

Hear hear ! very well put by the right honourable gentleman, would you like to stand for my local mp ?

So you pay £100 for a massage and the sex is free. Problem solved!

at one point in the Thai show we see 5 or 6 girls jump on a farang in a bar and hug him and grab him in and give him the' handsome man' treatment, but like most people in LOS I have seen this a thousand times and to me it looked totaly false, over the top, and just didnt look 'normal' I had a very strong feeling that was the filmakers third take of that shot I could imagine her saying to the girls 'yes thats good but make more of a fuss of him , realy come on to him big time' it felt set up and made me feel like a lot of the other situations were set up like the girl coming to BKK to take a look to see if she wanted to be a bar girl, as the girl was in her thirties it seemed strange that this was the first time she had thought of it, lucky coincidence that she decided to do that when the film maker was there. The whole thing felt like the filmaker was looking for stories to fit her pre conceived ideas not what was actualy going on.

(blizzard @ 2007-12-24 04:36:41)

<br />what are some ways that farm gurls can get themselves out of poverty, i would like to know............

<br />

You'd better ask my wife then....

good answer... the girls who turn to bar work are often too lazy to take the more socially acceptable path of getting an education and working hard. i doubt they find the bar path easier in the long run though.

i dont think its laziness per se.

working hard and getting edukated works well if one isnt in utter poverty. farang marriage to them is at least attainable.......lol. to the villagers i bet it is very socially acceptable to work in the bar scene. it does produce results.

i dont know stats but how many girls actually make it servicing males. i think very few make a go of it.

Edited by blizzard

<br />what are some ways that farm gurls can get themselves out of poverty, i would like to know............

<br />

good answer... the girls who turn to bar work are often too lazy to take the more socially acceptable path of getting an education and working hard. i doubt they find the bar path easier in the long run though.

Yeah, it's so easy isn't it :o Your last point is correct, but the first part is not as easy as it sounds. Hard work sadly is not always the issue, money is.It is not like a lot of countires where education in general is free up until University.

If it was only as simplistic as you make out.

Edited by mrtoad

Making it a criminal offence to pay for sex ! Whatever next !It was heavily debated in the BBC's have your say (now closed) & I'm glad to say, the consensus was heavily in favour of going in a completely different direction to what Harriet Harman is proposing. I would suggest that if alll women were a clone of her - man would lose the desire to have sex, let alone pay for it.

Edited by bulmercke

<br />

Yeah, it's so easy isn't it :o Your last point is correct, but the first part is not as easy as it sounds. Hard work sadly is not always the issue, money is.It is not like a lot of countires where education in general is free up until University.

If it was only as simplistic as you make out.

Plus, not every girl is born with brains. If a girl is blessed with genetics that make her physically attractive but not too bright, she'd have to be REALLY stupid to struggle on trying to be successful at things she's not suited for rather than making use of the assets she has been given and finding a good husband.

Although some of the posters here would seem to prefer her to squander her brief period of being able to get that person in return for what they seem to see as a morally preferable life of poverty and struggle.

Poverty and struggle is much easier to see as virtuous when you're recommending it for other people.

Hard work sadly is not always the issue, money is.It is not like a lot of countires where education in general is free up until University.
Poverty and struggle is much easier to see as virtuous when you're recommending it for other people.

i disagree. i came from a poor family and was unable to get financial assistance from the government for school because my loser parents cheated on their taxes and i could not get them to give me copies of their tax records with which i could apply for grants and scholarships (etc.) , so i worked 3 jobs to put myself through school. and then i went on and taught myself what has now become my career and am doing pretty well. i have never once had to beg money of others or get it working on my back, and i don't respect others who do. thai people can do what i did too. i remember reading of some guy in the north who was really poor, but got annoyed by all the landowners cutting down the trees everywhere, so he started planting trees himself. years later he had built a big business (literally) from the ground up and was quite rich. there is also that businessman who yo-yo'd from being a multi-millionaire down to selling sandwiches on the street and back up again. just a couple examples... as someone once said "the great tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations"... if the girls choose to work the bar because they like it, good for them, but in most cases i don't want to hear their sad excuses.

Hmmmm... what is amazing is that this thread has 4000 plus reads.

Perhaps it is telling about the mentality of the average farang in or out of Thailand ... one mention of the forbidden topic on TV of bargirls (apparently :o ) and its click click

Hard work sadly is not always the issue, money is.It is not like a lot of countires where education in general is free up until University.

i disagree. i came from a poor family and was unable to get financial assistance from the government for school because my loser parents cheated on their taxes and i could not get them to give me copies of their tax records with which i could apply for grants and scholarships (etc.) , so i worked 3 jobs to put myself through school. and then i went on and taught myself what has now become my career and am doing pretty well. i have never once had to beg money of others or get it working on my back, and i don't respect others who do. thai people can do what i did too. i remember reading of some guy in the north who was really poor, but got annoyed by all the landowners cutting down the trees everywhere, so he started planting trees himself. years later he had built a big business (literally) from the ground up and was quite rich. there is also that businessman who yo-yo'd from being a multi-millionaire down to selling sandwiches on the street and back up again. just a couple examples... as someone once said "the great tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations"... if the girls choose to work the bar because they like it, good for them, but in most cases i don't want to hear their sad excuses.

Congrats on your successes. You were dealt a bad hand and made the best of it.

Your plight though doesn't compare to the challenges poor village women face. Most Thai women living in the sticks don't receive the benefits of a junior high and highschool education that you received. If they did, many like yourself would seek a college education. Some might be as driven as you and work three jobs to pay for that education. Without this education, it's nearly impossible to improve etheir situation or even comprehend the limitted opportunities Thailand has to offer.

They do grasp the fact that women leave their village and many return with money or rich farang husbands by working in bars. Thai villages are now rife with foreign money and even "nice" young women opt to work in bars. I do have respect for these women and don't think there excuses are sad. I would like to think their are better means to make a living, but is it right to critisise their character.

Whew...finally finished the download. About a week or so of background downloading while doing daily internet surfing at local cafe. Should be interesting to watch...just watched first few minutes and seems to be about some resort where they offer a all inclusive "package" holiday where the package also includes a sex-worker for the duration. The bloke says she's a girlfriend rather than a short-time prostitute. WHATEVER :D

BTW---SM...if you see this...REAL HIGH-SPEED internet is one of the things you would miss when you return to LOS :o

What you said is like a group of people passing through rains of bullets and then 1 got through and started saying how stupid the others were to have been hit by bullets.

Have you ever imagined if there weren't 3 jobs available for you that time? And 3 jobs? How many hours a day do you have? In thailand jobs are like 12-14 hours a day.

You really think it is as simple as that you were just born to be a better or morally better person than others?

Thanks to the nice person that provided the download link. I’m never very good with key search words and would still be looking if not for the link.

I thought that UK TV commercials were some of the best, at least that’s how I remember them, but after watching the CH4 program I’m more impressed with the Thai commercials even though I don’t understand the language.

D.D.

:o