Here We Go Again

uptheos

Not that I care, but the long awaited Chiang Mai Zoo monorail has finally rolled out into service. Trial runs are being conducted between December 12-20 when visitors can enjoy the thrill of riding one of Chiang Mai’s newest attractions at no charge.

However, the operators of the monorail have established fees at the following rates - 50 baht for children, 70 baht for adults and 150 baht for foreigners.

Not that I care, but the long awaited Chiang Mai Zoo monorail has finally rolled out into service. Trial runs are being conducted between December 12-20 when visitors can enjoy the thrill of riding one of Chiang Mai's newest attractions at no charge.

However, the operators of the monorail have established fees at the following rates - 50 baht for children, 70 baht for adults and 150 baht for foreigners.

A bargain by all accounts. :o

Not that I care, but the long awaited Chiang Mai Zoo monorail has finally rolled out into service. Trial runs are being conducted between December 12-20 when visitors can enjoy the thrill of riding one of Chiang Mai's newest attractions at no charge.

A bargain by all accounts. :o

you missed the free ride thou :D

Hey Up your OZ

I'm a little curious about the monorail, but not 150 B curious. Besides, I've already vowed twice not to return to that zoo as it's one of the worst I've ever been too. Pay extra for pandas. Aquariums always closed. Can't find most of the other animals anyway. Poor signage. Walking forever. Lame food. Don't like the tram. But mainly... where are the animals ?? Hardly ever see anything for time spent there. They need to be paying me to go back and retry the zoo.

Also - I suggest you add a subtitle so ppl know what your thread is about. More folks may have a look.

Hey Up your OZ

I'm a little curious about the monorail, but not 150 B curious. Besides, I've already vowed twice not to return to that zoo as it's one of the worst I've ever been too. Pay extra for pandas. Aquariums always closed. Can't find most of the other animals anyway. Poor signage. Walking forever. Lame food. Don't like the tram. But mainly... where are the animals ?? Hardly ever see anything for time spent there. They need to be paying me to go back and retry the zoo.

Also - I suggest you add a subtitle so ppl know what your thread is about. More folks may have a look.

"Where are the animals??" "Lame food" You've answered your own question. If you look carefully in the panda enclosure you'll see one of them is wearing a prosthesis on his hind quarters, when I inquired what had happened to the pooor beast? The keeper said when you get a draw as good as this one you don't eat it all at once. :o

Hey Up your OZ

The mad Zoo keepers

post-46636-1198218683_thumb.jpg

Hey Up your OZ

RTD -Agree 100% with your comments.

How do I edit to add a subtitle (any suggestions for it)?

PS. uptheos has absolutely nothing to do with OZ :o

http://www.chiangmai-mail.com/095/kids.shtml

"When Chiangmai Zoo first opened its new walk through aviary many years ago, it was highly praised. Over 800 birds started a new life in small and beautiful valley, more than 200 meters long, that was completely roofed over."

"Some of the old species have disappeared, such as the swans. They, and other birds ground dwellers, became through the years the victims of pythons, but more than 35 species are still there."

:o

Not that I care, but the long awaited Chiang Mai Zoo monorail has finally rolled out into service. Trial runs are being conducted between December 12-20 when visitors can enjoy the thrill of riding one of Chiang Mai’s newest attractions at no charge.

Funny, I had a similar expensive 'free' ride on the Night Safari, when that pre-opened too. :o

And have not been back since ! :D

Hey Up your OZ

uptheos, I've edited it for you, please let me know if that is an acceptable topic description

Hey Up your OZ

uptheos, I've edited it for you, please let me know if that is an acceptable topic description

Thanks ever so much for your time - looks good to me :D

Hey Up your OZ

Thanks ever so much for your time - looks good to me :D

No problem, happy to help :D

Hey Up your OZ

PS. uptheos has absolutely nothing to do with OZ :D

I assume that OS stands for Operating System, which most computer savvy people should have got straight away. Having said that, I would have thought that what he does in the privacy of his own home shouldn't concern us. :o

I agree that my choice of user-id, or whatever you call it , shows a lack of invention but Up the OS is a case of 'too much information' as far as I'm concerned.

The Monorail Song

Lyle Lanley: Y'know, a town with money is like a mule with a spinning wheel. No one knows how he got it and danged if he knows how to use it!

(audience laughs)

Homer: Heh heh! Mule.

Lyle Lanley: The name's Lanley. Lyle Lanley. And I come before you good people tonight with an idea. Probably the greatest... Aw, it's not for you. It's more of a Shelbyville idea.

Mayor Quimby: Now wait just a minute! We're twice as smart as the people of Shelbyville! Just tell us your idea and we'll vote for it!

Lyle Lanley: All right, I tell you what I'll do. I'll show you my idea! I give you the Springfield Chiang Mai Monorail! (audience gasps) I've sold monorails to Brockway, Ogdenville, and North Haverbrooke, and by gum, it put them on the map!

Well, sir, there's nothing on earth

Like a genuine,

Bona fide,

Electrified,

Six-car

Monorail! ...

What'd I say?

Ned Flanders: Monorail!

Lyle Lanley: What's it called?

Patty & Selma: Monorail!

Lyle Lanley: That's right! Monorail!

(crowd chants "Monorail" softly and rhythmically)

Miss Hoover: I hear those things are awfully loud.

Lyle Lanley: It glides as softly as a cloud.

Apu: Is there a chance the track could bend?

Lyle Lanley: Not on your life, my Hindu friend.

Barney: What about us brain-dead slobs?

Lyle Lanley: You'll all be given cushy jobs.

Grampa: Were you sent here by the devil?

Lyle Lanley: No, good sir, I'm on the level.

Chief Wiggum: The ring came off my pudding can.

Lyle Lanley: Take my pen knife, my good man.

I swear it's Springfield's Chiang Mai's only choice...

Throw up your hands and raise your voice!

All: Monorail!

Lyle Lanley: What's it called?

Lyle Lanley: Once again...

Marge: But Main Street's still all cracked and broken!

Bart: Sorry, Mom, the mob has spoken.

Monorail!

Monorail!

Monorail!

Homer: Mono... D'oh

Hey Up your OZ

Had to laugh at this as went back 2 weeks ago and this pretty well sums it up. The kids liked the mini-motorbikes though.

Hey Up your OZ

Had to laugh at this as went back 2 weeks ago and this pretty well sums it up. The kids liked the mini-motorbikes though.

Went last week and had my free ride on the monorail. Had to wait 10-15 minutes between trains, don't know if this was because they were still trialling them. Route is limited and you're better off using the bus. Rode in the cab on one trip and the driver actually had me and my girlfriend translate the Thai notice about the charges into English - maybe I could have translated incorrectly and given us free rides for life.......