Need To Buy Return Ticket As Visa Till End Of 2008

Hi,

i am under student visa and i go to go back to my country in Feb and be back again after a few days. As the whole studying plan is till end of 2008, do i need to get a return ticket back to my country scheduled at the end of 2008 or just a one way ticket is enough and i will buy a return ticket nearing the end of 2008.

I am asking this as the custom officer might start to raise thier eyebrows if they just see that i only got a one way ticket to bangkok. I do not have any experience in this so i am here to seek answers and advice. Thanks in advance for anyone who help.

It should probably pointed out to 'Bkkthebest' that a re-entry permit is required in order to keep the current 'permit to stay' alive. The re-entry permit is not required if he is on a multi entry Non-O!

opalhort

Edited by opalhort

That's a good point although the question appeared to be about tickets we really can't be sure what he has. Do you have a one year extension of stay from immigration or are you making 90 day exits/return for a new 90 day stay on a multi entry non immigrant ED visa?

If on extension of stay you must obtain a re-entry permit to keep your current permitted to stay until date alive. If you are on a visa entry, as you say visa is valid until end of 2008, you must enter on a new 90 day stay when you return.