These Days You Needlots Of Money. My Mind’s Made

funfun

"After searching the Internet during the day Fon heads to the Godiva Bar for an all-night shift desperately hoping to catch the eye of a foreigner.

On the way she passes some of the biggest houses in the Province of Isaan. “The big houses are owned by women who married foreigners,” she says."

This promises to be a really well researched programme with qoutes like the above, must be a hel_l of of a bus ride to work everyday

These days you needlots of money. My mind’s made up. I need a foreigner.”

just reading about a show made for channel 4 dont know weather its been on yet!

but wouldnt mind watching it if anyone knows anything of it!

Show

cheers chris

You may have a problem finding a foreigner that would have you.

In another thread you admitted to taking ONLY 1 bath a year!!! EEEEWWWWW!

"A Western husband is a status symbol to the Thai girls so much so that Bangkok hosts an annual foreign husband contest."

a quote from the source given above. anyone knows, has more information about this? i mean this 'husband contest'. where is it held, what kind of people taking there part anyway. that sound so strange to me.

Tacky immitaion of Jerry springer show, if it's possible to get tackier

It's a "Foreign Husband of the Year" contest in the Isaan village of Kranuan, Khon Kaen, Actually kind of sweet, seems to be part of the annual village festival. None of the women are raving beauties, and none of the guys look like huge prizes either, but all the couples look happy all the same....

#2 refers to one of the protagonists who's searching for a mate on the internet. After not having much success online, she heads for Bangkok, to the Godiva Bar, where several girls from the village already work (and some have apparently snared foreign husbands). She checks it out for a few hours to see if she could work there, but then slips away into the night, unable to bring herself down to that level.

Edited by billp

These days you needlots of money. My mind’s made up. I need a foreigner.”

just reading about a show made for channel 4 dont know weather its been on yet!

but wouldnt mind watching it if anyone knows anything of it!

Show

cheers chris

You may have a problem finding a foreigner that would have you.

In another thread you admitted to taking ONLY 1 bath a year!!! EEEEWWWWW!

ere i didnt say i only have 1 bath a year, i said somtimes i only have 1 bath a year, dont make me out to be a dirty B@stard!

If you are a member of uknova you can download the programme from there (there were two of them). The first one was about a resort in Venezuela and the second one about Thailand. Not a great program, I thought the husband of the year contest was really tacky - can't believe anyone would actually enter it.

Edited by EaglesGift