Exit Poll Results Show PPP Wins

george

Meanwhile, PPP leader Samak Sundaravej described the conditions imposed by Chart Thai and Puea Pandin to form a coalition government as an insult to him and his party.

Banharn on Thursday outlined five conditions under which he would accept a position in a People Power coalition government.

They were reverence for the monarchy, respect for Privy Council President and elder statesman General Prem Tinsulanonda, no reprisals, Thaksin Shinawatra's return to face due process of law and no meddling with the work of the Assets Examination Committee.

At a news conference yesterday, Surapong said the monarchy should not be used as a political bargaining tool and that the PPP respected the Privy Council.

He said his party already embraced the five conditions, adding the main condition for a coalition was for policies all parties could work together with.

The Nation

The conditions are an insult, except when we've already embraced them, erm ...

Is the existing weak coalition, which is the PPP, singing from the same hymn-sheet ? Not from the various contradictory statements now appearing daily, they're not. Perhaps they may reveal which particular condition is so objectionable to them, or not objectionable, as the case may be ?

12 more PPP candidates accused of poll fraud

The EC yesterday pressed election fraud charges against 12 prospective MPs from the People Power Party. 11 of them are elected constituency candidates and the other is a proportional candidate, said EC Secretary-General Suthiphon Thaveechaiyagarn. Besides 12 PPP candidates, the EC also charged an elected MP from the Democrat Party and a canvasser of a Chart Thai candidate who failed to win a House seat in Udon Thani. Suthiphon said the EC has summoned all of them to testify today. According to Suthiphon, the 11 PPP candidates facing EC charges include 3 who ran for MP seats in Phrae. They were accused of distributing cash and VCDs to voters. 3 other PPP candidates ran in Chiang Rai, and party-list candidate Yongyuth Tiyapairat, have been accused of distributing cash to voters. 3 PPP candidates in Udon Thani's constituency and another PPP candidate in Kalasin are also facing cash distribution charges. A PPP candidate in Buri Ram is charged with slander.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.net/News/29Dec2007_news09.php

Good to see a Democrat on the list, along with 12 PPP candidates, this must be the even balance which is meant, when some posters say that all parties buy votes and are equally at fault ? Personally I think the EC should reject anyone caught cheating by buying votes, to send a clear signal that it is unacceptable, for the future.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The EC yesterday pressed election fraud charges against 12 prospective MPs from the People Power Party. 11 of them are elected constituency candidates and the other is a proportional candidate, said EC Secretary-General Suthiphon Thaveechaiyagarn. Besides 12 PPP candidates, the EC also charged an elected MP from the Democrat Party and a canvasser of a Chart Thai candidate who failed to win a House seat in Udon Thani. Suthiphon said the EC has summoned all of them to testify today. According to Suthiphon, the 11 PPP candidates facing EC charges include 3 who ran for MP seats in Phrae. They were accused of distributing cash and VCDs to voters. 3 other PPP candidates ran in Chiang Rai, and party-list candidate Yongyuth Tiyapairat, have been accused of distributing cash to voters. 3 PPP candidates in Udon Thani's constituency and another PPP candidate in Kalasin are also facing cash distribution charges. A PPP candidate in Buri Ram is charged with slander.

Continued here:

Good to see a Democrat on the list, along with 12 PPP candidates, this must be the even balance which is meant, when some posters say that all parties buy votes and are equally at fault ? Personally I think the EC should reject anyone caught cheating by buying votes, to send a clear signal that it is unacceptable, for the future.

Wide-spread and long-held traditions are extremely tough to stop... in order to do so requires dramatic steps...

such as full utilization of:

Under a tough new law, both the supplier and recipient of vote buying can face criminal charges. Candidates can be disqualified and their party disbanded, as was the case with the old law, while voters who accept money or gifts can now face from one to 10 years in prison.

and follow-through of:

Thailand's Election Commission has threatened to confiscate the wealth of candidates contesting the December 23 election under the country's anti-money laundering laws if they are found to have bought votes in any manner, according to Secretary-General Suthiphol Thaweechaikarn. The EC plans to consult regarding the matter with the chief of the Anti-Money Laundering Office shortly so that the assets of vote-buying candidates might be seized, he said.

Assets confiscation, fines, candidacy disqualification, party dissolution, and prison time for the vote buyer and seller...

those are the sort of actions necessary in order to effect change.

Not to be all stick and no carrot, education and positive re-enforcement for proper conduct also need to be fully utilized.

Edited by sriracha john

Continued here:

Wide-spread and long-held traditions are extremely tough to stop... in order to do so requires dramatic steps...

such as full utilization of:

Under a tough new law, both the supplier and recipient of vote buying can face criminal charges. Candidates can be disqualified and their party disbanded, as was the case with the old law, while voters who accept money or gifts can now face from one to 10 years in prison.

and follow-through of:

Thailand's Election Commission has threatened to confiscate the wealth of candidates contesting the December 23 election under the country's anti-money laundering laws if they are found to have bought votes in any manner, according to Secretary-General Suthiphol Thaweechaikarn. The EC plans to consult regarding the matter with the chief of the Anti-Money Laundering Office shortly so that the assets of vote-buying candidates might be seized, he said.

Assets confiscation, fines, candidacy disqualification, party dissolution, and prison time for the vote buyer and seller...

those are the sort of actions necessary in order to effect change.

Not to be all stick and no carrot, education and positive re-enforcement for proper conduct also need to be fully utilized.

You might add to this list, parties that actually fullfil their campaign promises.

That would probably do more to end vote buying than all the punishment in the world- there's your carrot.

He is facing serious charges in Thailand. He can't be extradited.

Thailand has extradition treaties with numerous countries.

They could not get him out of the UK. Do you seriously think he will return if he doesn't have a SPECIAL DEAL from PPP that he will not be jailed and not have all his money taken from him? That's ridiculous. PPP ran as a TRT THAKSIN proxy. Get the connection.

Exactly. The problem is that the PPP have been duly elected and now for all intents and purposes is the next government. With that comes a tendency (from some TV members) to condone and overlook the past injustices and wrong-doings of Thai Rak Thai and Thaksin.

The attitude is forget the past and look to the future. That's the scary thing.

They are one of the same. Time for a reality check. Whatever the assurances from some members that the military will act as a 'balance and checks' mechanism - the reality is that Thai Rak Thai is back with a vengeance in all but name - with Thaksin - by hook or crook - hanging onto it's coat tails!

They are the government elect and see themselves accountable to absolutely no one except Thaksin! The judiciary and other branches of the executive might now seem themselves as being above government interrference and independent - but they can easily be corrupted and prejudiced - just as they were during Thaksin's tenure.

To add to the observations in this post.

Should the cloned PPP party be duly allowed to govern, they are supposed to, irrespective of how their supporters see it on this thread and elsewhere, represent ALL Thai citizens and it,s country. ( they did not get a clear mandate in respect of the voters one on one by the way to do otherwise )

They most certainly did not get the outright vote of the whole country to look after their sponsor in exile, along with obvious self interests as more than half did not support them at the ballot box.

Then again, perhaps it is a belief that the other 50% plus who also used their democratic rights to vote,are not entitled to any considerations in my H.O. seems to be the scenario i gleen from PPP supporters.

Democracy Thai style eh...............................................

marshbags

Well, given the way they were forced from power with tanks and guns, and the way the alleged intelligent people in Bangkok even supported this (flowers anyone) and the way the "Democrat" base in the South actively derailed democracy... I wouldn't hold my breath for any PPP government to be overly nice to those people. They'll probably tell them to go take a long walk off a short pier.

Though, as part of negotiations with the military and their masters in avoiding another coup, they'll probably work out something fairly amicable. "This is Thailand", after all.

This is all very interesting and I wish I had time to make a longer comment so to condense it here goes.

The PPP seems very worried about 5 conditions. Their response, rather that accepting this as a foregone conclusion and is pretty much outlined in the new constitution, they have taken a defensive posture. By taking a defensive posture suggest guilt on a subconscious and in this case conscious level. For those that don’t recognize the ‘shift the blame’ game, here is the perfect example.

To any politician with the best intentions in mind, this is a no brainer and the 5 conditions are simply reaffirming their commitment to the country.

With talks over dinner with some friends over the last few day, everyone seems to feel that we will only have to deal with the PPP for a short time. They will suffer one of several fates.

Their involvement with Thaksin is a big taboo, and that could very quickly set them ablaze based on the tribunal ruling and the EC guidelines. They seem to think that once the election are over the 5 year ban goes away for club 111 and they can muscle their way around it. In any case a very nasty outcome from this way of thinking.

They could be viewed as totally inept in a very short time and the people would turn on them seeing that they have not a clue how to carry out anything they promised. They are relying on Thaksin’s know how and that again sends it back to the taboo paragraph above.

They could be taken out by a coup if there are any indications they are harming the country. The 5 conditions cover a lot of that and certainly there are more.

The part I did not have time for was the psychological analysis, perhaps in a few days I can get around to that. To some it is fairly easy to see and some have told me the PPP reminds them of a rabid dog.

Someone has already posted about how the NE was devoid of vote buying

:o Not so, my brother in law got propositioned (ohh missis) for this this morning.

I am sure he is not alone......

But by which party was he propositioned?

Earlier posts had suggested that vote buying had been attempted by minor parties, but not the PPP.

Can you confirm that the PPP has done so with the brother in law?

And could red cards be issued to democrats for busing entire factories to the "early" voting? For military being ordered to vote democrat? (as has been suggested in reports)

Corruption is rampant by all parties it seems....and in particular by the "savior" junta (no one noticed their bank balances?)

The Thai people have voted for the party that they had twice elected by landslide....it comes as no surprise to me.

The military saviors have failed. Any bullshit from them or the militarily appointed election commission now would mean violence and blood in the streets in my opinion.

I hope they have the common sense to back off, and let the people have what they have soundly and overwhelmingly decided they want, for the good of the country......

....no matter how bad it may seem to be.

Wouldnt disagre with what u say too much except that up north the military semed to be advised to vote Chart Thai and not democrat and in the Isaan OPuea Pandin and not democrat. Truth be known the military dont like the Dems much.

Peace

A source pointed out that Ninth Division officers had been instructed by their superiors connected with the CNS to vote for the Democrat party and its individual candidates contesting constituency 1, which covers the army barracks, and see to it that their subordinates and colleagues did the same.

(Bangkok Post)

This is all very interesting and I wish I had time to make a longer comment so to condense it here goes.

The PPP seems very worried about 5 conditions. Their response, rather that accepting this as a foregone conclusion and is pretty much outlined in the new constitution, they have taken a defensive posture. By taking a defensive posture suggest guilt on a subconscious and in this case conscious level. For those that don’t recognize the ‘shift the blame’ game, here is the perfect example.

To any politician with the best intentions in mind, this is a no brainer and the 5 conditions are simply reaffirming their commitment to the country.

With talks over dinner with some friends over the last few day, everyone seems to feel that we will only have to deal with the PPP for a short time. They will suffer one of several fates.

Their involvement with Thaksin is a big taboo, and that could very quickly set them ablaze based on the tribunal ruling and the EC guidelines. They seem to think that once the election are over the 5 year ban goes away for club 111 and they can muscle their way around it. In any case a very nasty outcome from this way of thinking.

They could be viewed as totally inept in a very short time and the people would turn on them seeing that they have not a clue how to carry out anything they promised. They are relying on Thaksin’s know how and that again sends it back to the taboo paragraph above.

They could be taken out by a coup if there are any indications they are harming the country. The 5 conditions cover a lot of that and certainly there are more.

The part I did not have time for was the psychological analysis, perhaps in a few days I can get around to that. To some it is fairly easy to see and some have told me the PPP reminds them of a rabid dog.

Thaksin livid at monarchy insinuations

Ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra on Friday strongly condemned any behind-the-scenes attempts to create misunderstandings that he does not revere the monarchy.

In a written statement distributed to the media by his lawyer Noppadol Pattama, Mr Thaksin said there might have been a perception that he was involved in several monarchy-related activities in the last several months, leading to misunderstandings that he fails to hold the monarchy in deep respect.

He calls on state authorities to probe into the activities and take harsh and abrupt legal action against those involved since "my wife Khunying Pojaman and I will never support anyone involved in activities that affect the Thai people's highest institution."

more: http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=124757

Now that did not take long. Please see my above paragraphs about shift the blame and reaffirming.

Edited by John K

They could not get him out of the UK. Do you seriously think he will return if he doesn't have a SPECIAL DEAL from PPP that he will not be jailed and not have all his money taken from him? That's ridiculous. PPP ran as a TRT THAKSIN proxy. Get the connection. Are you so naive as to think it is coincidence that only NOW he is talking about coming back in February? Do you think he will come back if Abhisit is PM?

Kindly refrain from being so rude. I am merely pointing out that Thailand has had extradition treaties in position already for some time. The military government could have initiated proceedings if it had bothered to.

The quality of discussion on this topic is abysmal. In the absence of being in possession of facts, just mindless repetition of speculative, opinionated, editorialising, unreadable codswallop from the usual roster of Washington Square blowhards.

Edited by Journalist

A source pointed out that Ninth Division officers had been instructed by their superiors connected with the CNS to vote for the Democrat party and its individual candidates contesting constituency 1, which covers the army barracks, and see to it that their subordinates and colleagues did the same.

(Bangkok Post)

Soldiers at the Ninth Infantry Division in Kanchanaburi seemed to have cast their votes freely in the election. Soldiers from the Ninth Division quietly picked candidates of their choice.

(Bangkok Post)

They could not get him out of the UK. Do you seriously think he will return if he doesn't have a SPECIAL DEAL from PPP that he will not be jailed and not have all his money taken from him? That's ridiculous. PPP ran as a TRT THAKSIN proxy. Get the connection. Are you so naive as to think it is coincidence that only NOW he is talking about coming back in February? Do you think he will come back if Abhisit is PM?

Kindly refrain from being so rude. I am merely pointing out that Thailand has had extradition treaties in position already for some time. The military government could have initiated proceedings if it had bothered to.

The quality of discussion on this topic is abysmal. In the absence of being in possession of facts, just mindless repetition of speculative, opinionated, editorialising, unreadable codswallop from the usual roster of Washington Square blowhards.

There are/were several reasons why it was not possible for any procedings to be initiated:

1. For any successful extradition, an extradition treaty, which covers the crime in question is required. The extradition treaty which Thailand has with the UK dates back to 1911, and whilst it covers many crimes (31 in total), abuse of power by an elected official is not covered, as this is a prerequisite before any extradition request can proceed, then this ensures that no extradition proceedings could proceed.

2. Even should Thailand manage to get around the Extradition treaty problem, they would also have the issue that should the same crime, have been committed in the U.K, then the person in question, would be arrested. To this point, the Thai government would have to prove and supply evidence, that should The Prime Minister of the U.K (or his wife) have carried out the same act, then they would be arrested. This is required due to the fact that once an extradition request is initiated, the person must be arrested and put before a court of law.

3. Additionally, Thailand would have to provide Prima Facie evidence that the crime did take place, and that the accused was in fact guilty, according to British Law.

As Thailand is regarded as a category 2 territory (For extradition purposes), the onus is far more on the requesting territory, to prove that there was no political motivation in the request, as this would automatically ensure that the request was denied. As any request would have to include Pojamon Shinawatra, the government would have to show convincing arguements as to why a non political person would have to stand trial in the Supreme Court for Political Office holders, and not a civil or criminal court.

More reading if you are interested:

1911 Treaty between the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland and Siam can be found at:

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/other/dfat/treaties/1911/9.html

2003 Extradition Act can be downloaded by going to:

http://police.homeoffice.gov.uk/operationa...o/extrad-part-2

One other snippet:

Once extradited, no other criminal proceedings may take place, other than for the crime which the suspect was extradited, and once proceedings have been fully completed, if found innocent, then the person must have the opportunety to return to the U.K, and if guilty, then once a sentence has been completed, then the person must also be allowed the opportunety to return to the U.K

As Thailand is regarded as a category 2 territory (For extradition purposes), the onus is far more on the requesting territory, to prove that there was no political motivation in the request, as this would automatically ensure that the request was denied. As any request would have to include Pojamon Shinawatra, the government would have to show convincing arguements as to why a non political person would have to stand trial in the Supreme Court for Political Office holders, and not a civil or criminal court.

1911 Treaty between the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland and Siam can be found at:

One other snippet:

Once extradited, no other criminal proceedings may take place, other than for the crime which the suspect was extradited, and once proceedings have been fully completed, if found innocent, then the person must have the opportunety to return to the U.K, and if guilty, then once a sentence has been completed, then the person must also be allowed the opportunety to return to the U.K

There is an additional complication in that the current Thai government requesting the extradition gained power through a military coup. Thaksin could probably win against any Thai extradition hearing in the UK just by this fact alone. The CNS is not looked upon very highly and it's debatable whether they would be considered a legal government requesting extradition.

One other snippet:

There is an additional complication in that the current Thai government requesting the extradition gained power through a military coup. Thaksin could probably win against any Thai extradition hearing in the UK just by this fact alone. The CNS is not looked upon very highly and it's debatable whether they would be considered a legal government requesting extradition.

One other complication with the UK extraditing the former PM. It seems that he is now living in Hong Kong where he has recently purchased (another) house. He may well continue to use HK as his residence given the likelihood that he will have a government to run.

Edited by Old Man River

Looks like curtains for the Democrat Party. It's no one's fault but their own. If they had the balls to stand up against the military junta they would now be in power. They arrogantly and immorally chose the wrong side.

Curtains for the oldest political party in Thailand who has stuck to their principles and picked up 165 seats in the process?

Looks like curtains for the Democrat Party. It's no one's fault but their own. If they had the balls to stand up against the military junta they would now be in power. They arrogantly and immorally chose the wrong side.

It's terribly ironic that in a couple years time basically it looks like things are going to return to exactly how they were before the coup drama. The one big chance the military and the democrat party had to prove that they had something on the table is now lost forever. For the old families in charge of things this is a huge setback for them. My only concern is that next time they will respond with authoritarian violence and total supression ala Myanmar rather than another "soft" coup.

I'm not sure that cowering before a corrupt military is any political party's stated principles, but perhaps that's exactly what they intend to do.

Ah yes, I get it now. You long for the good old days where real corruption was rampant. I am sure you will be happy with Samak as the next PM.

I'm not sure that cowering before a corrupt military is any political party's stated principles, but perhaps that's exactly what they intend to do.

Not as bad as kissing the armole of the likes of Thaksin and his ilk, clone party and all the others who have decided to join them then eh !!!!

100% it,s not and to go a step further they are the only party to have the balls to stay true to themselves in opposition and try to keep the wishes of 17 plus mill voters going from hope to despair.

You may gloat at what i see as a predictable outcome relating to the coalition parties and the whole scenario

When you consider their motives and their obvious intentions of putting money before the chance to move Thailand out of the past and into the 21st century.

They do not know what the true meaning of honour to ones country and the future of it,s younger citizens, who it now appears will have to wait sometime before they have something to motivate them, encourage and give them hope for the years ahead.

I wonder what the respective voters of the c. parties make of it all, for sure they didn,t back the PPP and it,s cloned off banned party and it,s exiled sponsor, and that is fact.

marshbags

Edited by marshbags

It's terribly ironic that in a couple years time basically it looks like things are going to return to exactly how they were before the coup drama.

Except that now there's a strong and united opposition in the parliament, the leader of which is the preferred PM of 52% of Thais polled.

The successor party to TRT won the election convincingly. The regional divisions are very clear and give the major parties something to work on.

It seems to me the country has made a step forward. If the military can stay out of things and the PPP can restrain itself from the grosser venality of the Thaksin regime, real political progress is possible.

Red cards, more yellow cards to be issued on Thursday: Sodsri

Election Commission member Sodsri Satayatham said Saturday that the EC would definitely issue some red cards and more yellow cards to certain winners of the December 23 election on Thursday. She said the number of the election winners who would face red cards and yellow cards would be less than ten.

So far, the EC issued three red cards for three election winners of the People Power Party in Nakhon Ratchasima.

Sodsri said the issuance of the red cards and yellow cards could affect the formation of the coalition government.

- The Nation

It's terribly ironic that in a couple years time basically it looks like things are going to return to exactly how they were before the coup drama.

Except that now there's a strong and united opposition in the parliament, the leader of which is the preferred PM of 52% of Thais polled.

The successor party to TRT won the election convincingly. The regional divisions are very clear and give the major parties something to work on.

It seems to me the country has made a step forward. If the military can stay out of things and the PPP can restrain itself from the grosser venality of the Thaksin regime, real political progress is possible.

Re the regional divide: I keep asking this and getting nothing- what is the nature of the attraction that the Dem's have for southern voters? Is it their policies? If so, which policies? Do parties based in the more northerly provinces campaign down there? I know that Phattalung swung from Dem to TRT two elections ago because of TRT policies affecting rubber subsidies- why didn't other rubber producing provinces follow suit? So much has been written about the Bangkok voter- the NE voter- and so little about the southern voter. Can ANYBODY help me learn about this?

I don't understand some people saying Thaksin should give more money to the people and then complaining that he bought votes. If he doesn't give money to the people, he's called greedy and evil. If he gives money to the people, its called vote buying. He just can't get it right, whatever he does.

(Bangkok Post)

Soldiers at the Ninth Infantry Division in Kanchanaburi seemed to have cast their votes freely in the election. Soldiers from the Ninth Division quietly picked candidates of their choice.

(Bangkok Post)

Heard that in October at a private function in Kan, what the NCO’s thought about then (the vote) and true to their word, they voted with their own feelings and not on orders, if they where ever given, not sure about that part.

None of then wanted what happened on 19th September 2006 BTW.

Kanchanaburi Soldiers have been in many a situations, where ordered to do things that they disliked, but as Soldiers they performed their duty, the rest is history, which you know or if not, research it.

Our Son did his duty on orders in the last one, never asked him about it though, I thought better not. My wife told me however, no shower for a few days where he was and one of our close friends in Kan, his Son (both in the Army in Kan) called from Bangkok to ask for food, so all hands where on deck so to speak.

Our Boys did their duty, then came out and voted with their hearts, that to me is what a Democratic Country should be.

FREE VOTE FOR ALL.

For the Good, Bad or Ugly, it is still a free vote.

The Colonel, Kan Win :o

I guess the next coup will be sooner and not later.

PUPPET MASTER

Thaksin 'to pull strings of PPP govt'

Party said to be planning military reshuffle, but Anupong to survive

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra is preparing to pull the strings behind the new government and reorganise the military's top brass following the People Power Party's election victory, sources say.

Sources close to Thaksin said the ex-leader backed the formation of a coalition government, consisting of the People Power Party (PPP) and five smaller parties headed by PPP leader Samak Sundaravej.

Based on this formula, the new administration will have 315 seats in Parliament, leaving the lone opposition Democrat Party with 165.

Sources said Thaksin was upset by conditions imposed by Banharn Silapa-archa, leader of the Chart Thai for joining the coalition.

Thaksin later agreed to accept the party and its 37 members of Parliament as alliance constituents.

PPP members, who met with Thaksin in Hong Kong earlier this week, said the former prime minister had assigned close aides to help Samak form a new cabinet. These include Newin Chidchob, Yongyuth Tiyapairat, Chalerm Yoobamrung and Somchai Wongsawat.

"Chalerm was assigned to negotiate with both Chart Thai and Puea Pandin so they can join the coalition. Thaksin insisted both should be included," said a top Thaksin aide, who asked not to be named.

Mingkwan Sangsuwan, a PPP party-list member, will head the Samak government's economic-management team. Thaksin hopes he will boost business and investor confidence, as well as spur economic growth.

"If Mingkwan is successful, People Power's popularity in Bangkok will rise, and the party might then field him as a candidate for Bangkok governor."

"Once the Samak government takes office, the first priority is to reorganise the top echelon of military officers. Key members of Class 10 of the cadet school will be restored to powerful posts in the military. They still support Thaksin."

"General Anupong Pao-chinda, the Army commander-in-chief, will still be in the top post, even though he was appointed by the junta following the coup, but other key army posts will be reshuffled."

"The new government will reorganise the top echelon of police and Interior Ministry and judiciary. Antagonists, such as academics, businessmen and the news media, could face some sort of action, too," the source said.

He said the Council of National Security, set up following the coup, had been granted an amnesty in the Constitution, so no legal action could be taken against it.

However, the new government will scrutinise major arms-purchase contracts to see if there are irregularities, the source said.

The Assets Examination Committee, which launched an extensive investigation of Thaksin and his family, will remain intact, because its dissolution would damage the image of the PPP, the source said.

"We could be condemned if we disbanded the committee, so we will just ensure it works within the rule of law," added the source.

The Nation