Pattaya Motorbiker's

bartender100

Banglamung police chief colonel Wattanachai Srirattanawut says he intends to start a new campaign, effective September 1, requiring pillion passengers on motor bikes to wear safety helmets. He said that it was not good just to concentrate on the drivers as the evidence showed that pillion passengers were also being killed and mutilated. From now on, the passenger offenders would be fined as well as the drivers

The police chief added that he was particularly concerned about poor safety habits within the city limits and he expected at least 80 motor bike drivers and their pillion riders to be stopped and fined in the first month of the sting operation.

I know its early days,but no sign yet of anyone complying.

I hope that the police will also take heed of the helmet law. Nothing seems more hypocritical than seeing the police stop and fine people for not wearing helmets, then seeing the police riding around without them too.

This is the most ridiculous law, i have just returned from my first trip to thailand, i was shocked to see a complete family on a little scooter, only the driver wearing a helmet, where is the sense in that. ok, i got done, twice for not wearing a helmet, but i did not know the law that the driver should wear the helmet, i was kind enough to let the lady wear the helmet when giving her a lift home in the morning!

This is the most ridiculous law, i have just returned from my first trip to thailand, i was shocked to see a complete family on a little scooter, only the driver wearing a helmet, where is the sense in that. ok, i got done, twice for not wearing a helmet, but i did not know the law that the driver should wear the helmet, i was kind enough to let the lady wear the helmet when giving her a lift home in the morning!

The laws are often broken but if you are not sure of a law in any country why not just ask?

Ignorance of them is not a defence here or anywhere else.

Total disrespect of the law is a National pastime :o