Ambulance Workers Shooting And Assaulting Each Other

sriracha john

When the "humanitarian volunteers" of these foundations turn out to be gun-toting, arm breaking, leg slashing thugs...

a bit of their benevolent nature is a tad tarnished.

Wasn't there an often banned TV member that claimed he was with one of these groups? :o

They get paid by the crops. Not surprise that they create zones, and protect their zone with all they have.

Not unlike fisherman illegally cross another country border when their stock runs out.

People have to make a living. There are family to feed. TIT.

How did we get side-tracked into farming, fishing and finance all of a sudden? :o

To call them Ambulance worker is rather an exaggeration.

"Accident chasers" would be more accurate.

The best Thailand can manage in the absence of a real Ambulance service.

I am happy i moved over the border , have not seen or read about such an incident here in Cambodia , most likely due to the fact these people are less aggressive in nature .

I am happy i moved over the border , have not seen or read about such an incident here in Cambodia , most likely due to the fact these people are less aggressive in nature .

Give it time, Cambodia doesn't have any ambulance service at all yet. No wonder that you haven't read about such an incident.

And as to the alleged "less aggressive nature" of Cambodians ( :o:D ) - i do believe you forget the tiny little period in which Cambodia lived through the Pol Pot regime, in which a sizable amount of Cambodians were exterminated, and subsequent civil war...

Give it time, Cambodia doesn't have any ambulance service at all yet. No wonder that you haven't read about such an incident.

And as to the alleged "less aggressive nature" of Cambodians ( :o:D ) - i do believe you forget the tiny little period in which Cambodia lived through the Pol Pot regime, in which a sizable amount of Cambodians were exterminated, and subsequent civil war...

Where have you been hiding your head , there are lots of ambulances in PP , and they are kept busy .

What has history to do with the present day ? It was not local citizenary aggression , it was Pol Pot and his thugs, it is not an 'Alledged ' less agression , i have lived amongst them for 3 years with hardly an incident one would be aware of . The attacking and killing of Western people is almost none existant , which is a far call from the state of affairs in LOFS , i do read the police reports to keep up a little . No hastles from police and a couple of complaints i had some time ago , they quickly took action to solve them , they even pass a quick "Hello" at times , never had one of those from a Thai cop in 7 years .

Cambodia is a poor , emerging country , but from my experience of both countries , they are more civilised in many ways whilst the Thais are going backwards in this respect . Another thing that points to this is that whilst Thai tourism is dropping and accomodation suffering for tenants , the exact opposit is happening here , many guest houses and hotels in the lower price ranges are often difficult to find a room in as are apartments . I know this as a fact , because i have just finished finding first a room for a late night arrival and a decent apartment for the following day , i do this to be helpfull to people writing on a forum for help . Cambodia has grown a lot for the good in the last few years , even in the villages , my wife is a village lady , so we have a first hand on that , also there are quite a number of Thais coming here to work , have about half a dozen right next door in a new spa . Please do not knock it .

And if you are lucky enough to reach the hospital alive will you still have any cash or cards in your pockets to pay the bill?.

The only thing more common, other than shooting each other, for these marauding thugs masquerading as ambulance workers is to steal all the valuables from the patients entrusted to their care.

Edited by sriracha john

I'm waiting for the inevitable news report detailing how any typical Sombat suffers a simple ankle fracture from a minor motorcycle accident. He is initially picked up by Siam Ruamjai ambulance workers to be transported to the hospital. A passing Ruam Katanyu (see Post#2, 2nd link) ambulance vehicle spots them on their turf and opens fire on the truck with small arms fire. Sombat cringes and ducks in the rear of the truck in abject horror while .38's and .45's ring out, but Sombat is even more shocked when the Siam Ruamjai ambulance workers return fire with their own, superior automatic weapons. The Ruam Katanyu ambulance is strafed with bullets and veers off, losing control, and ultimately crashing into a taxi-stand/bus-stop packed with late-night party-goers returning home. Sombat can't believe his own personal good fortune and at the same time marvels at the impossibly bad misfortune of those getting run over by a modified pick-up truck careening out of control. While still in a shock of disbelieve from all of what just transpired and as his ambulance hurls down the side sois... a Por Teck Tung ambulance which witnessed the entire incident swoops down alongside of the Siam Ruamjai ambulance and riddles it with holes from three screaming AK-47's.... killing all its occupants.... even Sombat, from whose body the coroner removes 12 bullets.

it'll probably be in the next week or so..

Poor Sombat - a sad case of suicide.

QUOTE Kmart:It's still unfortunately the benchmark of a "developing" country. They know the price of everything down to the last cynical Satang; and yet the actual value or benefit of sweet FA.UNQUOTE

A definition worth noting for further use, if I may. Thanks.... :o

This entire topic has the basis for a new Holliwood thriller...name your preferred stars. :D

And if you are lucky enough to reach the hospital alive will you still have any cash or cards in your pockets to pay the bill?.

The only thing more common, other than shooting each other, for these marauding thugs masquerading as ambulance workers is to steal all the valuables from the patients entrusted to their care.

any statistics or other prove to claim that story is true or did you just read it on TVforum?

any statistics or other prove to claim that story is true or did you just read it on TVforum?

google and real life is your friend... google for reports of valuables being lifted from ambulance victims... lots of them.

Ask people who have used an ambulance and had something turn up missing... lots of them, too.

I don't believe in stories about missing wallets, not to say that it doesn't happen.

These groups are in a legit business of collecting fees from private hospitals, similar to tuk tuk drivers taking tourists to jewelry shops. There's no law against it.

This business is for real men with real guns, they don't waste time on pickpocketing, hopefully.

I don't believe in stories about missing wallets, not to say that it doesn't happen.

These groups are in a legit business of collecting fees from private hospitals, similar to tuk tuk drivers taking tourists to jewelry shops. There's no law against it.

This business is for real men with real guns, they don't waste time on pickpocketing, hopefully.

They do make a lot of money holding dead body as ransom for donation from the relatives. :o:D:D

They do make a lot of money holding dead body as ransom for donation from the relatives. :o:D:D

Can you document that?

google and real life is your friend... google for reports of valuables being lifted from ambulance victims... lots of them.

Ask people who have used an ambulance and had something turn up missing... lots of them, too.

so bar talk, hearsay and what i can find in the internet if i google hard enough becomes the new truth and final prove?

i had a motocycle accident couple of years ago. i didn't got blamed that it was my fault, thai witnesses have been on my side. a car pushed me of the road.

i didn't get robbed, not by onlookers nor by the ambulance. the damage caused have been of material value, on the rented motobike, smashed heavy and damage on the parked car i hit. i didn't had to pay for it, it was not my fault. contrary to the stories you can read if you google or listen to hearsay.

it smashed a couple of my bones and the ankle fractur was the biggest problem, but that is another story. don't underestimate the danger of an ankle fracture.

it was in a town up north, nice and friendly people live up there, maybe in the south is different or in areas with less urban structure.

anyway, i will not deny that the ambulance system is far from perfect. i read the 'body snatchers' stories in the press and also witness a accident right below my window on a bangkok street with at 3-4 different ambulence pick ups arriving, but there was no fight between them. i could observe some dangerous dragging of the victim of the street to the side of the road - ignoring possible spine fracture but later they stabilize head and neck with an orthopedic neck support thingy. the condo security have been first on the scene and didn't do anything to prevent that a involved motocycle driver fleed the scene.

that ambulance cars or firefighters trucks got ignored by others in the bangkok traffic amazed me. they are not given the way like it should be. selfish drivers, could be their own house that is burning. how to cross the road and if i hear the signal of a emergency car to stay of the road is one of the earliest lesson i was be taught. in kindergarten.

but what i want to say is, that i dislike the way how such topics in the news forum often got replies of nothing more than stereotyping and wide generalization, rumours and hearsay. gloomster with a xenophobic slant and consider oneself superior.

but back to your advice: if i use 'my friend the search engine', look for "robbed victims and missing items" stories, stories like the one about the watch, that was never taken off will show up. you see.

Nice story and thanks for sharing although it has precious little to what my little post said. :o

I mentioned that there have been reports of thefts by ambulance workers by the media and personal contacts. btw, I don't go to bars, but nice attempt to be dismissive of others' experiences as "bar talk."

Furthermore, this thread and the other two threads listed earlier attest to the violence these ambulance workers create on an apparently routine basis. If you have not personally experienced or spoken to someone who experienced either theft or violence by ambulance workers, then chok dee for your Thailand experiences. It doesn't mean it doesn't happen just because you've not personally seen it yourself.