Cia Detainees Taken To Thailand For Interrogation

bulmercke

Seems so! Two very credible reports appear to suggest that this was, indeed, the case.

CIA detainees taken to Thailand for Interrogation - Saturday, December 08 - 2007 -

QUOTE FROM Reykjavik Transit:

Abu Zubaydah was captured in Pakistan, was taken to Thailand for part of his interrogation. Several former intelligence officials also said there was great concern that the tapes, which recorded hours of grueling interrogations, could have set off controversies about the legality of the interrogations and generate a backlash in the Middle East. here In February 2005, a federal judge in New York ordered the CIA to comply with the ACLU's request for documents related to the CIA's detainment and interrogation of suspected terrorists. The agency was told to delve into its operations files for any responsive documents to produce for in camera review. If the timing is right, that would put Rizzo, who oversees the litigation division that handles FOIA requests, right in the thick of things.

By mid-2002, the CIA had worked out secret black-site deals with two countries, including Thailand and one Eastern European nation, current and former officials said. An estimated $100 million was tucked inside the classified annex of the first supplemental Afghanistan appropriation.

On March 28, 2002. Pakistani forces took Abu Zubaida, al Qaeda's operations chief, into custody and the CIA whisked him to the new black site in Thailand, which included underground interrogation cells, said several former and current intelligence officials.

By Dana Priest, November 2, 2005 hereC.I.A. Was Urged to Keep Interrogation Videotapes

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

And also this report

By MARK MAZZETTI

Published: December 8, 2007 - THE NEW YORK TIMES -

QUOTE:"Several former intelligence officials also said there was great concern that the tapes, which recorded hours of grueling interrogations, could have set off controversies about the legality of the interrogations and generate a backlash in the Middle East.

According to one former intelligence official, the C.I.A. then decided to keep the tapes at the C.I.A. stations in the countries where Abu Zubaydah and Mr. Nashiri were interrogated.

Abu Zubaydah was captured in Pakistan, and it has been reported that he was taken to Thailand for part of his interrogation. It is unclear where Mr. Nashiri was interrogated by C.I.A. operatives.

Mr. Nashiri, a Qaeda operations chief in the Arabian Peninsula until his capture in 2002, is thought to have planned the October 2000 bombing of the destroyer Cole in Yemen.

The Senate Intelligence Committee announced Friday that it was starting an investigation into the destruction of the videotapes.

Edited by bulmercke

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

from the CIA interrogation rooms all over the world the tapes went to the CIA HQ in washington for further processing and archiving - now the bosses try to get off the hook by denying knowing and responsibility and blaming offices abroad

from the CIA interrogation rooms all over the world the tapes went to the CIA HQ in washington for further processing and archiving - now the bosses try to get off the hook by denying knowing and responsibility and blaming offices abroad

- New York Times -

WASHINGTON, Dec. 7 — White House and Justice Department officials, along with senior members of Congress, advised the Central Intelligence Agency in 2003 against a plan to destroy hundreds of hours of videotapes showing the interrogations of two operatives of Al Qaeda, government officials said Friday.

Total criminality and no shame about it either.

CIA = international crime outfit = MAFIA :o

"According to one former intelligence official, the C.I.A. then decided to keep the tapes at the C.I.A. stations in the countries where Abu Zubaydah and Mr. Nashiri were interrogated."

Abu Zubaydah and Mr. Nashiri were interrogated in Thailand and presumably some of these destroyed videotapes contained footage of their grotesque torturing.

And guess who was prime minister at the time?

Yes, you've guessed correctly. Thaksin - that champion of human rights!

(This is the Washington Post and The New York Times reporting this.)

"According to one former intelligence official, the C.I.A. then decided to keep the tapes at the C.I.A. stations in the countries where Abu Zubaydah and Mr. Nashiri were interrogated."

Abu Zubaydah and Mr. Nashiri were interrogated in Thailand and presumably some of these destroyed videotapes contained footage of their grotesque torturing.

Wow! Real life crazy leftwing propagana sheets reporting this. Well I never. Does the Fox News coverage (whatever it is its sure to be as extremely far from the centre as these two rags) count as a good source as well?

Perhaps they should have just taken em out for a drink, a river cruise and a nice diving holiday. So much nicer and more PC than trying to get information out of criminal murderers.

Edited by Dupont

Wow! Real life crazy leftwing propagana sheets reporting this. Well I never. Does the Fox News coverage (whatever it is its sure to be as extremely far from the centre as these two rags) count as a good source as well?

Perhaps they should have just taken em out for a drink, a river cruise and a nice diving holiday. So much nicer and more PC than trying to get information out of criminal murderers.

:o:D :D

I am American and don't have a problem with our government capturing enemies during war and interrogating them.

Sure we can put them in a posh prison, but our media would consider any prison in Asia as torture.

By the way, I love FOX news. It is a shame that so many get so upset because Fox does not follow the news-line as the New York Times puts out.

One thing I appreciate in Bangkok is that you can read many papers reporting the same story and each reporter writes the story from their own point of view. Here in the USA, all news agencies seem to be in lock step when reporting the news. Fox stands alone at times when it comes to reporting the news and has the high ratings to show for it.

I am American and don't have a problem with our government capturing enemies during war and interrogating them.

Sure we can put them in a posh prison, but our media would consider any prison in Asia as torture.

By the way, I love FOX news. It is a shame that so many get so upset because Fox does not follow the news-line as the New York Times puts out.

One thing I appreciate in Bangkok is that you can read many papers reporting the same story and each reporter writes the story from their own point of view. Here in the USA, all news agencies seem to be in lock step when reporting the news. Fox stands alone at times when it comes to reporting the news and has the high ratings to show for it.

Funny how all the CIA lovers seem to creep out from under the carpet when a topic like this gets mentioned.

PaulUSA302 - Fox News is a PR front for the CIA and US government. It's the worst of a bad bunch. The MSM for all intents and purposes is controlled by the government. NWO.

You wouldn't be Ron Paul by any chance? :o

The USA is creating their own enemies , throwing oil on

the fire is never going to work .

In the way the CIA is working only shows they are nothing

better , maybe worse then those they say who are the enemy .

REPEAT:

WASHINGTON - DEC 7 — NEW YORK TIMES - White House and Justice Department officials, along with senior membes of Congress, advised the Central Intelligence Agency in 2003 against a plan to destroy hundreds of hours of videotapes showing the interrogations of two operatives of Al Qaeda, government officials said Friday.

Two things come to mind.

1. Cover-up.

2. An out of control organisation (CIA) only accountable and responsible to itself.

Thailand could get singed by this scandal because of it's obvious involvement in the interrogations.

Edited by bulmercke

What I would like to know is what is this war people are talking about? The war in Afghanistan, the war in Iraq, the war at the Gulf? Please explain.

Forgot the "Israel" war.

Edited by sonnyJ

What I would like to know is what is this war people are talking about? The war in Afghanistan, the war in Iraq, the war at the Gulf? Please explain.

If you want to know about the war than look it up on the net. But if you just want to have a message board argument than I am sure some will play with you.

That is an opinion, others may not agree... Maybe when the USA is attacked like Isreal, on a daily basis, than I may change my mind and agree with you. But for now I am sure the USA is doing nothing more than any other country is doing, the only difference is our news media reports on it.

In the land of the blind fox news is the truth

I think that fox tvs high ratings is a good measure as to the inteligence of the viewers

Edited by pointofview

The americans believe in a perpetual war on terror - if you dont believe it just tune into fox news.

Oh, must google why they are at war with afganistan. Oh yeah - something to do with a pipeline!

If you want to know about the war than look it up on the net. But if you just want to have a message board argument than I am sure some will play with you.

Only trying to provoke you to think a little by using a counter argumentation. Sorry I guess this is close to the definition of trolling. War?

Edited by sonnyJ

Only trying to provoke you to think a little by using a counter argumentation. Sorry I guess this is close to the definition of trolling. War?

Re-word it and make it relate to Thailand and maybe I will bite... But I am not a message board fighter. I come to the boards to offer my opinion and to share information.

As Bulmercke was saying USA is spreading it's tentacles as far as possible around the world, also to Thailand. I am very much against these kind of policies, god knows how long it has been on. We don't want to see a full out world war. Right? These are my opinions.

As Bulmercke was saying USA is spreading it's tentacles as far as possible around the world, also to Thailand. I am very much against these kind of policies, god knows how long it has been on. We don't want to see a full out world war. Right? These are my opinions.

I remember that just a while back, there was fear that the Taliban had a reach into the south of Thailand.... The USA also offered Thailand help but the official reply was "Thanks but no-thanks." No one knows what came from that.....

There was also some guys in Thailand selling nuclear material.... If I remember it right....

Also during that time many of us wondered if there would be war in Thailand.....

I can understand that Thailand would allow the USA question a terrorist on its land. Given that so many terrorist acts were going on at the time.

Unfortunatley a minority of americans give enough support to the neo cons for their ficticious war on terror - a prelude to the next world war. Fox news is a powerful weapon against feeble minds.

During the 70s and 80s in the Uk there was a war on terror. Just a few incidents eg: A hotel in Brighton was bombed, seriously injuring a senior cabinet minister, Norman Tebbits, wife. Queens horses were blown to bits. Major cities were bombed and bombed and bombed - but successive governments of the time didnt throw away the constitution 'to protect us'

Unfortunatley america has become a soviet style police state and many americans cant see it!

It is more difficult and unpleasant for a foriegner to enter the USA than to enter the old eastern europe or todays Russia. But of course americans wouldnt know or even have the insight to aknowledge the fact. Most americans dont even hold a passport. Although thats not surprizing - i dont suppose they issued passports to the troops prior to entering iraq!

Edited by pointofview

I remember that just a while back, there was fear that the Taliban had a reach into the south of Thailand.... The USA also offered Thailand help but the official reply was "Thanks but no-thanks." No one knows what came from that.....

There was also some guys in Thailand selling nuclear material.... If I remember it right....

Also during that time many of us wondered if there would be war in Thailand.....

I can understand that Thailand would allow the USA question a terrorist on its land. Given that so many terrorist acts were going on at the time.

If you understand breech of the Geneva convention and the UN human rights, then. It's your business. I will not.

Unfortunatley a minority of americans give enough support to the neo cons for their ficticious war on terror - a prelude to the next world war. Fox news is a powerful weapon against feeble minds.

During the 70s and 80s in the Uk there was a war on terror. Just a few incidents eg: A hotel in Brighton was bombed, seriously injuring a senior cabinet minister, Norman Tebbits, wife. Queens horses were blown to bits. Major cities were bombed and bombed and bombed - but successive governments of the time didnt through away the constitution 'to protect us'

Unfortunatley america has become a soviet style police state and many americans cant see it!

It is more difficult and unpleasant for a foriegner to enter the USA than to enter the old eastern europe or todays Russia. But of course americans wouldnt know or even have the insight to aknowledge the fact. Most americans dont even hold a passport. Although thats not surprizing - i dont suppose they issued passports to the troops prior to entering iraq!

With all those insulting words... (I just looked at your post again... not so insulting... Just a strong opinion.. Sorry for claiming you to be insulting) I just stopped reading after the first line... But the facts are that the USA is at war and there is a war on Terror and other countries who may suffer from terrorist will give assistance in the shadow when they think there is something in it for them.

Besides Thailand, there are other countries that have done the same thing and they were never known to be friends to the USA....

So maybe one day Fox news and the Neo-Con's will control the world, but if I were you, I would invest in learning to speak Chinese.

Edited by PaulUSA302

During the 70s and 80s in the Uk there was a war on terror. Just a few incidents eg: A hotel in Brighton was bombed, seriously injuring a senior cabinet minister, Norman Tebbits, wife. Queens horses were blown to bits. Major cities were bombed and bombed and bombed - but successive governments of the time didnt through away the constitution 'to protect us'

With all those insulting words... (I just looked at your post again... not so insulting... Just a strong opinion.. Sorry for claiming you to be insulting) I just stopped reading after the first line... But the facts are that the USA is at war and there is a war on Terror and other countries who may suffer from terrorist will give assistance in the shadow when they think there is something in it for them.

Besides Thailand, there are other countries that have done the same thing and they were never known to be friends to the USA....

So maybe one day Fox news and the Neo-Con's will control the world, but if I were you, I would invest in learning to speak Chinese.

Lets pray that we can still have strong opposing opinions in the future - after all thats what this war is supposed to be about i.e spreading democracy and the right to free speach and expression.

Unfortunatley though if you read the new Patriot Act you will see thats not the case - very disturbing reading!

Edited by pointofview

Let me see.

If a member of Al-Queda captures a foreigner, chances are pretty good he/she will lose their head. If we capture a member of Al-Queda ..............we interrogate them.

The difference is that People captured by al-qaeda you hear about on FOX or any other news are captured for ransome, th people captured by USA are captured for interrogation.

One thing you got right is that many off them are innocent.

EDIT:

I can speak some Chinese if it's important.

Edited by sonnyJ