New Years Party

raro

The missus and me are thinking about where to go for New Years but cannot really make up our mind...

So far we do know what we don't want: Neither the big gala dinner with free flowing Champagne as this would cost megabucks, nor the war zone in Soi 7.

Required is a proper countdown that I have missed in all three Pattaya New Years I have participated - I want to know WHEN it's 0:00!

Over to you guys and girls! What is the Friday crowd doing - I know most of you are out of town... :o

We're planning to do some hi-so balloon chasing in Naklua where those shee shee ("expensive") condo projects can be found and often splash for a supposedly invitation only party with free booze and food. Last year was Northpoint which had an amazing buffet and we gorged on smoked salmon all night. Might do that again but I also feel worried about the dangers of drunk drivers, fireworks injuries, and possible terrorism. We might just stay home and then get to sleep at sunrise when the inevitable fireworks will stop.

We're planning to do some hi-so balloon chasing in Naklua where those shee shee ("expensive") condo projects can be found and often splash for a supposedly invitation only party with free booze and food. Last year was Northpoint which had an amazing buffet and we gorged on smoked salmon all night. Might do that again but I also feel worried about the dangers of drunk drivers, fireworks injuries, and possible terrorism. We might just stay home and then get to sleep at sunrise when the inevitable fireworks will stop.

Freebie at Northpoint, RSVP on the following link. I will be in Chiang Mai so will be doubly lost for what to do/ where to go.

http://www.raimonland.co.th/e-invitation/northpoint.htm

I too am looking for something in South Pattaya or Jomtien, but not Bali Hai Pier, which is always packed with drunks.

I want a family-type setting.

Mulligans in Baan Mabprachan has a free buffet (or so the sign said this morning), live band that plays a good variety of music, and a great area for the kids to run around. It is not hard to find once you find the lake, just follow the road, it is on a corner just after a small minimart, about 2.5km from Soi Siam Country Club.

I too am looking for something in South Pattaya or Jomtien, but not Bali Hai Pier, which is always packed with drunks.

Mulligans in Baan Mabprachan has a free buffet (or so the sign said this morning), live band that plays a good variety of music, and a great area for the kids to run around. It is not hard to find once you find the lake, just follow the road, it is on a corner just after a small minimart, about 2.5km from Soi Siam Country Club.

in jomtien go down to soi 7 or 8 and walk down and ask the hotels.. I stayed there 2 yrs back and U payy 1000 baht and it was a hugh party well worth the money and champane included..

Did you find one Raro? We were at Lake Mabrachan resort the fireworks and company was good!

Happy New Year to you!!

I noticed Raro at Northpoint Condos party last night. My, what a strapping young lad. I think he had a good night but I'm not sure the bushes appreciated his attendance much. :o (joking).

Phyllis

The missus and me are thinking about where to go for New Years but cannot really make up our mind...

So far we do know what we don't want: Neither the big gala dinner with free flowing Champagne as this would cost megabucks, nor the war zone in Soi 7.

Required is a proper countdown that I have missed in all three Pattaya New Years I have participated - I want to know WHEN it's 0:00!

Over to you guys and girls! What is the Friday crowd doing - I know most of you are out of town... :o

At Northpoint you would have celebrated 2008 three minutes early. Great Party!

Is it? My watch is still in repair so I had to rely on their display. Have you also been there? Looks like it was almost a TV outing.... :o

Is it? My watch is still in repair so I had to rely on their display. Have you also been there? Looks like it was almost a TV outing.... :o

Agreed - great party!!

Yes, I was there. It was a great party.

• 11 months later...

Yes the children do run around and what a pain in the A*** they are, never going there again

For the first time in six years, I'm staying home for new years. My friend and I brought about 50kgs of fireworks down from Chiang Mai, and we're planning to set them off tonight in our village, drinking store-bought Tiger beer.

We're very close friends with many of our neighbors, and I'm sure the kids will enjoy setting off some of the bangers we've brought down... it seems to be a much better idea than going into town, driving home on the most dangerous night of the year on arguably the most dangerous streets (under any conditions).

Can you buy fireworks in Pattaya? If so where.

Dont think fireworks are legal to buy in Thailand, however there will be hundreds of dodgy looking Thais selling them around the bars in town tonight, only thing is there is only around four types commonly sold so all gets a bit boring after the first ten minutes and they arent cheap 250 to 500 Bht on average.

Why don't you come to Bangkok for Thaivisa New Years Eve party, starting 7pm, with free drinks and champagne.

Cause it will be full of <deleted>, only joking!!!! :o

Back to the OP, Raro you know you'll always have a good time at Noi's, good company and cheap beer till the early hours, sadly i'm in the UK so have a beer or 10 on my behalf. :D