More Building Material Not Avail In Cnx

chiangmaibruce

Hi. From time to time I go hunting for items for building and renovating. You know the sort of bits and pieces that are as common as muck back in Australia - you see them in every hardware store, etc etc.

I usually do the rounds with my ever-patient wife (as interpreter, cross-cultural advisor and technical assistant). We start at Homepro and Homemart and then work our way down the food chain until I finally give up, my head echoing with the words "mai mii" "mai mii" .....

Well the latest item that we went searching for (and which I hope another TV'er can help me with) was strips that are used to join/hold adjacent sheets of plywood or laminate or even fibro sheeting. These are usually available in plastic (various colours), or aluminium I think in the case of fibro. They are bought in 2 or 3m long strips, but cut them across and they are the shape of two 'U's lying on their side, base to base.

If anyone has seen such a beast in Chiang Mai would they please let me know, as I have a project I want to start asap - many thanks

- CB

Never seen it here. Perhaps the problem is that the plywood here is not standard thickness. What they call 10 millimeter plywood ranges from 7+ to 10 mm depending on grade and manufacturer and all other nominal sizes vary also. You might try carefully measuring the thickness of the material you want to use and the alternatives then see if one of the aluminum window shops has a molding that would fit.

Never seen it here. Perhaps the problem is that the plywood here is not standard thickness. What they call 10 millimeter plywood ranges from 7+ to 10 mm depending on grade and manufacturer and all other nominal sizes vary also. You might try carefully measuring the thickness of the material you want to use and the alternatives then see if one of the aluminum window shops has a molding that would fit.

Have you tried global house? :o