Investing In Platinum

For the last few years, I have been collecting limited edition Platinum coins. All clearly marked as .9999 Fine Platinum and their weight in Troy Ounces. Now with the price of platinum going through the roof, should I hold onto these? Or should I sell?

I have roughly 50 coins or about 35 Troy ounces. Where is a good place to go in Thaland to get a valuation of the coins or just the value of the platinum? Which stores would buy Platinum?

LOS seems obsessed with gold and I would be able to offload gold coins almost everywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

Actually, even you can't even get good offers on gold here in Thailand unless it is 96.5% chinese gold bars.

There isn't much of a market for foreign gold coins because they are all alloys, and the Thais don't want them. That was my experience trying to sell 30 oz. of American Eagles. I think many of the shops understand what they are, but since they can't sell them locally they give you a really low price.

Your best bet is to go to Singapore for this. I don't think the precious metals market here is metropolitan enough to provide you with a reasonable offer.

Still, 35 oz. of platinum....I'm jealous. :-)

Personally though, I'd hold onto it. I think the PM bull is just beginning. There are only 2 ways the coming global recession can go, inflationary or deflationary. I can't see the world governments allowing deflation to set in. Seriously, the ECB just made available half a trillion USD to push up the liquidity. I personally believe the various governments will fire up the digital printing presses and inflate their way out of the current problems. It's the only politically acceptable solution they can sell to the masses.

Holding precious metals and commodities in this environment is a no brainer. If you disagree though, hop a plane to the island nation to the south. With 35 oz. of platinum in your wallet it is well worth the few thousand baht in airfare.

For the last few years, I have been collecting limited edition Platinum coins. All clearly marked as .9999 Fine Platinum and their weight in Troy Ounces. Now with the price of platinum going through the roof, should I hold onto these? Or should I sell?

I have roughly 50 coins or about 35 Troy ounces. Where is a good place to go in Thaland to get a valuation of the coins or just the value of the platinum? Which stores would buy Platinum?

LOS seems obsessed with gold and I would be able to offload gold coins almost everywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

I think your (one of the) best info is on kitco.com

LaoPo

The spot price today for 96.5 in Thailand was (THB 13500) for (1 baht ) half an ounce of Gold. Its possible to buy 99.99 at THB 13000 ( 1 baht ) or half an ounce. That still leaves you with 3.5 % extra. Can money be made from this?