Ford Explorer 1999

footfidforfai

I have been looking for sometime now for a pick up,Even though i am in the UK,But have made my mind up it wil be the ISUZU,CAB 4,3000 diesel,very nice looking and made in LOS with mitsubishi parts,lots of stylish options on them too,

We will be spending around 500,000 on 1-2 yr one,whereas we could buy a nearly new Ford,but i owned fords before and they are tacky,

I have been looking for sometime now for a pick up,Even though i am in the UK,But have made my mind up it wil be the ISUZU,CAB 4,3000 diesel,very nice looking and made in LOS with mitsubishi parts,lots of stylish options on them too,

We will be spending around 500,000 on 1-2 yr one,whereas we could buy a nearly new Ford,but i owned fords before and they are tacky,

I used to be an Izuzu fan

Drove a buddies Toyota 3.0 Turbo D4D Auto 4wd the other day and was really impressed with the power and suspension. So now I think I'll go for one othe new Toyotas Vigos coming out. I really prefer auto gear and was afraid that auto diesel would be underpowered. Not so but I heard the auto Izuzu sucks

They had a big thing in the states about ford explorers and rollovers the center of gravity is off in them they also had a big stink about the tires Firestone I can tell you from experience Firestone tires suck!!! the tread comes off entirely maybe 6 months at the most you can get out of them.

I think you can't go wrong with a Toyota. Even the Corollas from the 70s are still rolling like champs. The engines just go for ever.

I don't know who made datsun but my father in law still has one he said it's from the early 80's It still runs pretty good My next car is going to be a jap car heard so many good things about them.

They had a big thing in the states about ford explorers and rollovers the center of gravity is off in them they also had a big stink about the tires Firestone I can tell you from experience Firestone tires suck!!! the tread comes off entirely maybe 6 months at the most you can get out of them.

This was a big battle that Firestone and Ford went through. Ford claimed the tire peeling apart caused the roll overs, but Firestone claimed it was the front ends on the Explorers were faulty causing the tire treads to separate prematurely. Either way both companies truly suck and should be avoided. I have heard, however, that Fords made in Europe are of a higher quality, not sure though. The Japanese make the most RELIABLE cars in the world.

They had a big thing in the states about ford explorers and rollovers  the center of gravity is off in them  they also had a big stink about the tires  Firestone  I can tell you from experience Firestone tires suck!!!  the tread comes off entirely  maybe 6 months at the most you can get out of them.

This was a big battle that Firestone and Ford went through. Ford claimed the tire peeling apart caused the roll overs, but Firestone claimed it was the front ends on the Explorers were faulty causing the tire treads to separate prematurely. Either way both companies truly suck and should be avoided. I have heard, however, that Fords made in Europe are of a higher quality, not sure though. The Japanese make the most RELIABLE cars in the world.

I had firestones on my car i guess when u buy cheap u get cheap it peeled off like you peel a banana it even exposed the insides never again. :o

I have heard, however, that Fords made in Europe are of a higher quality, not sure though.

Thank you MR. Bbkudu,

I really hope you are right.

Bought a six year old Mondeo, 107.000 km, 2000 cc. for 320.000 Baht.

The chairs are very nice and also the music sounds good (only cassettes).

The rest I honestly don't dare to think about. I had a Ford before (....).

The design I like very much. Italian? And as far as I know they put the thing together in Germany.

The second day the exhaustpipe was halfway in the rear bumper. It is hanging maximum 25 cm above earth.

A piece of new pipe was 400 Baht (they brought it to my pub when it was ready, the bill of the pub was almost 600 Baht).

Don't go to the dealer! There are a lot of good small messy garages who do a good job.

And even better: Living in a rural area, buy a nice pick-up.

For these funny American car-crazy guys I recommend the Chevrolet Colorado, 3000 cc Diesel, airbags etc etc (all options about 8oo.ooo).

It is almost a Isuzu. So you get the quality of a Japanese car and the kind of bully-design of American cars. The car looks as if could bark.

(a German friend bought it to park it next to his special 2000 cc Harley D, even this friend looks as if he could bark)

Ford Ranger and Mazda Pick-up are interchangable. Same vehicle except for trim. It would all depend on the sale price. Can't comment much on the price or efficiency of Diesel vs Benzine... not a ton of money either way here in LoS. 4 doors are more than X cabs and of course 4X4 is going to use a lot more fuel. The big engine should still get you about 8-10K per litre.

:o Coffee!!! :D