15 Month Retirement Visa?

cheshiremusicman

I am due to renew my 'Retirement Visa' here in HH in the New Year, but have heard that it is now possible to renew it for 15 months Does anybody have any info on this, as it seems a strange length of time for renewal!

Although I don't consider myself an expert on visa rules, that sounds like barstool talk. My last renewal was 1 year.

That being said, from some of the tales I've been hearing about the HH office .. :o

1. An extension of stay from Immigration is not a visa. The only visas Immigration provides is a single entry non immigrant O visa if you need that, and qualify, to start your retirement/marriage type extension of stay. That would be a 90 day entry.

2. The 15 months would be someone talking about a non immigrant O visa issued by a Consulate, for whatever reason, in that you can make a final entry just before the one year expiration of the "use by date" and receive one more 90 day stay - so can be used for almost 15 months in total.

3. You can not normally extend non O visas for 90 days. They can be extended for one year or 7 days (or 30 days under review type extensions). Believe the only current 90 day extensions are being provided for ED visas for those who study Thai language.

what would be the best way if you had a retirement visa, Can you get a muli entery visa to come and go 3 or 4 times a year with a retirement visa?

I asked the same original question on the 'Visa forum area ' as well as here on the HH site and 'lopburi3' gave a lot of very good advice on there, so I would suggest that you read that. In a nutshell, if you have an RV + mutliple entry permit then it would appear that you can make the RV good for almost two years by re-entering the country a few days before you are due to 'renew'. But as I said, read the full responses from 'lopburi3' they certainly know what they are talking about!