Help With Strategy.

moldy

I have to have a routine small op for fistula in ano - simple. It does require an overnight I think because of an epidural/ and or delayed wound assessment . Local anaesthetic would be too painful to administer it seems.

Just looked at my insurance policy. Room and board 2000. general exp. 20000. surgical fee 30000. doctors vis. 500. Emergency OPD 4000. BUT JUST NOTICED 20000 DEDUCTIBLE (I assume this means the first 20000 can not form part of the claim).

So it looks like I'm going to pay through the bot in more ways than one.

Am I right in thinking that I may as well go for a goodish hospital, as any savings I make are likely only going to be savings for an insurance co ?

I went to Rama 9 with the intention of having this done on the spot so to speak. Very good doctor, good English, but the price of 55k made me baulk. I think it came down to 45k in the end, but the market type haggling had turned me cold. And anyway isn't this still double bubble really ? Surely a boil and removal of a short tube should be 15-20k max.

So I think I'm going to go to either of the following in order of preference and try to ensure the best doctor and anaesthitist at a premium, and possibly asked to be put under deep sedation.

1. St Louis.

2. Chula.

3. Siriraj.

Anybody got any other strategies?

Ps: does rather cast doubt on the value of my ins. policy. This is a small problem. Thai Life is a respectable company and my premium is 9000bt after no claims bonus. I am 47 though. Suggests to me anything below say 12000 a year at say age 50 and you haven't got much at all.