Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Max Net = Max Pain

whopper

For me it has never worked so smoothly, and the up and download speed seems to have improved :o

Maxnet 1024 Premier is ok for me.

But one funny things happened to me about 10 days ago. I wad updating a fresh installed GNU/Linux distro when suddenly the net stopped. Not like when you get dropped, it just completely stopped, no ADSL and PPP light on the modem; like they have cut the line.

I couldn't remember if I payed the last bill so I phoned to the local Maxnet office and they replied that everything was ok. So no connection for an afternoon while they checked any possible problem, and me pushing them by calling every 30 minutes.

At the end a technician came at home and when I told him at what time the conection disappeared he reminded that at the same time he had installed a new connection for another client. And it was my line they gave to him. Never seen that. :D

He ran back to the other place and 15min after I had my connection back. TiT.

Edited by hp8000

For me it has never worked so smoothly, and the up and download speed seems to have improved :o

But one funny things happened to me about 10 days ago. I wad updating a fresh installed GNU/Linux distro when suddenly the net stopped. Not like when you get dropped, it just completely stopped, no ADSL and PPP light on the modem; like they have cut the line.

I couldn't remember if I payed the last bill so I phoned to the local Maxnet office and they replied that everything was ok. So no connection for an afternoon while they checked any possible problem, and me pushing them by calling every 30 minutes.

At the end a technician came at home and when I told him at what time the conection disappeared he reminded that at the same time he had installed a new connection for another client. And it was my line they gave to him. Never seen that. :D

Had a similar thing once! Suddenly DSL dropped, called cust service and everything should be OK they said. Check my phone line and could call out OK, so no line cut.

After a few hours called customer service again, said it still isn't working, they asked what number I was calling from, I said mine, the ADSL line, and they said no, your calling from this and this number, which was completely a strange number for me!

Seemed they had swapped numbers with somebody else! Took them 3 days to find out, them blaming the internal condo wiring, and condo management blaming TT&T :D Ended up being TT&T anyway...

Just felt the urge to complain. Getting dropped around 4-6 times an hour these days. Feel free to bitch....

Mine went like that last summer after they'd given me a double free speed increase from the original 256k to 1024k. We have a long line back to the DSLAM which passes quite close to a local AM broadcast radio station, and I was convinced it must be the more sensitive higher speed getting interference from the radio. After all 1024k is right in the AM radio band. But no! When TT&T's friendly dropwire team finally came and investigated, they found it was due my own lightning-protecting phone socket inside the bungalow, whose spring connectors had got slightly burned in an earlier lightning strike. The phone was still working OK; it was just a less-than-perfect connection that was degrading the ADSL performance at the higher speed, and causing it to drop out. Since changing that socket, everything's been fine. So full marks to TT&T on this occasion; it was my socket that was faulty.

Might be worth looking at the ADSL performance stats in your ADSL modem, and see if you're getting variable degraded speed or a poor SNR margin, errored seconds, or CRC errors. That would help to determine if the trouble you're experiencing is caused by your ADSL line, or if it's something server-related in the network.

+ SJ

For me it has never worked so smoothly, and the up and download speed seems to have improved :D

Had a similar thing once! Suddenly DSL dropped, called cust service and everything should be OK they said. Check my phone line and could call out OK, so no line cut.

After a few hours called customer service again, said it still isn't working, they asked what number I was calling from, I said mine, the ADSL line, and they said no, your calling from this and this number, which was completely a strange number for me!

Seemed they had swapped numbers with somebody else! Took them 3 days to find out, them blaming the internal condo wiring, and condo management blaming TT&T :D Ended up being TT&T anyway...

When I first had my TT&T phone line installed in Jomtien three years ago, it took over THREE MONTHS for them to straighten out my phone line. I was attached/spliced into another person's TT&T line. I repeatedly gave them the number (I would call my mobile phone and jot down the number of the incoming phone call on my mobile, which was not my TT&T number). In addition to almost daily phone calls, I visited the TT&T office at Carrefour on Pattaya Klang once per week.

I wanted to subscribe to ADSL, but had to wait until they got it straightened it out. TT&T kept saying it was a problem in the switching room in my condo building, but the woman whose phone line I was attached to lived on a different street (my condo maintenance guy called the number to see where she was), so how could that be?

THREE MONTHS!!! :o

Their "customer service" seems to have a pick-list of excuses to hand out.

Their indy package was so pathetic, I signed on for the premier service; they told me it would take a few days to be implemented. While waiting, I woke up one morning to no internet.

I called customer service and was told there was a network problem and I should try again in an hour.

Nothing happened in an hour so I called again and was told there was a problem with international connections. I explained I couldn't access local sites either but they just repeated the excuse.

I called back again later and finally a techie called me back and told me my internet access was not working because I had been upgraded to premier and needed a new user name and password which they had not given me. He gave me the information over the phone and everything worked again.

So the excuses I had been given earlier in the day were just BS.

And the premier package sucks too, most of the time.