One Line To Live By While In Thailand For 2008

disgruntled

Okay, I've been around a bit but I still haven't any real words of wisdom to give a person living in Thailand. 2007 wasn't the best year for me, so I'm looking for your thoughts on how to live happily in Thailand in 2008 and on. I'd bet this has been done in the past but right now it's the new year and this is the time of the year many people are thinking about changing the way they live. Give your golden rule for 2008. :o

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think too much , make some goals and try

to stick on it , before you know the good feeling

will be the victor and there are no such things as

the need for changing things in life ,its all in the attitude

also for this one .

the Sun rises and goes down everyday , time is something

we created so everyday when you wake up should be the day to feel good

or a change when needed .

Its only a psychological thing the new year time , after a few weeks most give up

on their good intensions , every day is a new year from a year ago so ............ :o

Live and let live

or

Easy Does It

or

One Day at a Time

or

Do you want to be right or be happy?

Mind your own business

Remember, you ain't got a dog in that fight

Never say, Where I'm from we do it this way

Let sleeping dogs lie

Remember, man you ain't all that handsome (keep on walking)

Mai Pen Rai

Well I have two advices....

- Must have flexibility and tolerance for ambiguity - ability to function in a situation where things do not necessarily "make sense" :D

- And Oh.....don't boast that you have this and that, we (the thais) have heard it all before! :o

Okay, I've been around a bit but I still haven't any real words of wisdom to give a person living in Thailand. 2007 wasn't the best year for me, so I'm looking for your thoughts on how to live happily in Thailand in 2008 and on. I'd bet this has been done in the past but right now it's the new year and this is the time of the year many people are thinking about changing the way they live. Give your golden rule for 2008. :o

No matter how long we live here, we are "guests in someone else's house". Sometimes the hosts are welcoming and courteous, other times rude and unpleasant. When out of town, do as the thais prescribe, "jai yen yen"...

Dont think too much

Dont be serious

Dont pay too much

Dont worry

Dont commit yourself to anything that requires commitment

Look out for the hard luck stories; there are so many poor people in the world and you cant help them all.

Smile.

You are a ship in the night and there will be another one following you tomorrow night (all of above rules apply here) :o

Mai pen rai AND som nam na

have another drink...

Final tip: be respectful to Thais and dont cause them loose face.

Edited by MaiChai

No matter how long we live here, we are "guests in someone else's house". Sometimes the hosts are welcoming and courteous, other times rude and unpleasant. When out of town, do as the thais prescribe, "jai yen yen"...

Whenever I'm tempted to start railing against Thailand and Thai people and start telling them what they're doing wrong and how things could be so much better if they just did it a different way I remind myself, "No-one has given you the job of fixing Thailand. It's their country, they'll fix it if they want to."

MIACOWJI,,, works for me in Thailand and the rest of the world

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered; forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish ulterior motives; be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies; succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; be honest anyway.

What you spend years building, someone can destroy overnight; build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous; be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow; do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, it may never be enough;

You'll see, in the final analysis it is between you and yourself.

It was never between you and them anyway.