Govt Hopes To Send First Thai Into Space

george

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I nominate Thaksin for first  Thaistronaut,  to explore the universe, right now. That should keep him quiet for quite a while.

Absolutely, what I wanted to say, you beat me to it. :o

Let me add, the first should be a one-way trip.

My thoughts exactly.

The announcement only refers to sending someone into space, nothing about bringing them back

And people wonder why terrorists try to blow up everything from the west? Look at all the sacarsms and how people from 1st world countries look down their noses at developing countries! Even after the terrorists had managed to keep half their mouths shut! Can you guys stand it if it had been your countries being mocked ? :o

And people wonder why terrorists try to blow up everything from the west? Look at all the sacarsms and how people from 1st world countries look down their noses at developing countries! Even after the terrorists had managed to keep half their mouths shut! Can you guys stand it if it had been your countries being mocked ? :o

I don't think it's the country being mocked - just the idiot politicians who are unfit to determine the way other people's lives should be governed.

These children have dreams that even a ten-year-old has grown out of - the powers-that-be should have a strict grasp of reality, then perhaps they can get this country moving into prosperity for all.

Start with a good education plan, good health care for all.

Build the infrastructure for the people, not so that the pol's can make even more profit.

This is what we are saying .... most of us love this country, but are not blind to the faults that exist.

By the way, how is the spaceship going to reach the sky - powered by rice? :D

And people wonder why terrorists try to blow up everything from the west?  Look at all the sacarsms and how people from 1st world countries look down their noses at developing countries!  Even after the terrorists had managed to keep half their mouths shut!  Can you guys stand it if it had been your countries being mocked ? :o

I don't think it's the country being mocked - just the idiot politicians who are unfit to determine the way other people's lives should be governed.

These children have dreams that even a ten-year-old has grown out of - the powers-that-be should have a strict grasp of reality, then perhaps they can get this country moving into prosperity for all.

Start with a good education plan, good health care for all.

Build the infrastructure for the people, not so that the pol's can make even more profit.

This is what we are saying .... most of us love this country, but are not blind to the faults that exist.

By the way, how is the spaceship going to reach the sky - powered by rice? :D

IMO politicians do represent to a certain extent their countries and their people. So mocking them is enough to make it feel like mocking its people. Although I agree that some of the posts here are directed to the so-called idiot politicians, I don't think all are.

And do people here say these things in front of their Thai friends? Or are they hyprocritical enough not to do so?

By the way, I see people always complain/moan about politicians. Why don't they just be one and see what it is like to be a leader or one of the leaders to run a country?

Anyway I appreciate it the way your trying to explain it to me, Up2U. :D

Oh alright hands up!

I know they're serious about this.I was contracted last year by Thai army rocket-scientists to assist in designing the powerplant for the Thai space rockets.

Slip up on my part found me swiftly converting the recommended bamboo thruster mounts to a double-barrel bong so had to find alternative materials for the mounts.When I tested the finished prototype this morning I had to use old toilet roll centers(which were also recommended in the government order) to mount the afterburners.However I blamed their directive that nam man gat was the fuel which seemed to burn a bit slowly to get any real thrust and orbit was not achieved.Luckily it was raining or my house would have burnt to a crisp as well as the top secret model.

I estimate that by December the mark2 version will be ready for the launch ceremony at Don Muang spacecenter.I hope so as NASA have already booked the front row,and alot of people are counting on me.I wont let you down! now wheres that bong got to?

"will also propose the establishment of the National Space Operations Development Committee, to be chaired by the country's prime minister"...

Guys dont take it seriously, it's just a ass licking to Toxin, how great it will be to chair "SPACE OPERATION DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE"..right? You can make many vacant positions for friends and family, get a salary etc...Another way to pump a money from th country to your own pocket...:-)

So some of the government priorities are misplaced, i agree that the money could probably be used better in other areas. but i'm all for it in principle. Better to have an unrealistically optimistic can-do leadership than one that just says no, lets stay out of truoble and not try anything new. If you don't have dreams, you won't get anywhere. This reminds me of the Jamaican bob sled team, people thought they were nuts and they were woefully inept at first, but i think people can only give them respect for trying. At the end of the day, all these initiatives are part of a bigger attempt to lift the Thai spirit and give it a relevant place in the modern world. Which country would want to be condemned to a third world status? Its called nation-building, not in the nuts and bolts sense, but in a moral and cultural sense. If you do not believe in the Thai people, you really shouldn't be here. I think its okay to joke about this or any other new scheme, but there is a thin line separating humour and mockery, and only you the author will know where you stand. as a principle, you should not belittle the people whose grace and hospitality you continue to enjoy.

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Keep that going! You are very funny! And I am sure a lot of girls(including farang girls) are attracted to you by your great sense of humor!

You so smart!!!!

Wow, I suppose he could never marry a Thai girl - being so funny, smart and all that! :o

Well said "thedude" and I couldn't agree more you said that- "So some of the government priorities are misplaced, i agree that the money could probably be used better in other areas." I have known goverment officers working overtime without being paid and going for seminars in Thailand and staying in schools because they did not have the funds. These goverment servants did it to save money for the country and help the country they loved. The Great leader needs to get in sync with his civil servants.

Anyway, can you imagine where the poor Thai astronaut would be in the space craft, with their budget, they might have to serve "Guy Yang and not Gai Yang" when he returns to earth. Back to the point about misplaced priorities, perhaps they should place greater priority looking after the poor and building better housing for the poor and balancing the wealth of the people so that they do not become terrorist.

The Great Leader is a master of distraction, first he wants to buy a footbal team then he wants to send a man to space. All for what? So that the average Thai could boost his ego and forget about his problems at home? Excuse my fellow Khun Thai brother and sister in laws, and while the great leader is doing that he is also eroding the economy, the money he used could help a few thousand Thais who need it to get medical attention, food etc.

Why bother about exploring space when you can conquer your own internal space by meditation? Anybody as religious as the Great Leader should know that.

What about the Thai people I know that scoff and deride these outlandish schemes as much as what I've seen offered up here in this forum? Does that make them unsupportive, racist, or elitist as the farangs. They poke fun at the "smoke and mirrors" diversions that Thaksin throws out there, just as much as what I read here. They see it for what it is... feeble attempts to divert the masses attention away from the reality that he continues to rape the country of it's economic future and civil liberties. Maybe they are just a sampling of the greater Thai society, but I see them as not being fooled...same as at least some of the postings here.

The Thais that I know do accept (or tolerate) some words that might be against

Khun CEO and appreciate I do not bash against Thailand.

They as well accept I don't like moscitoes and would not say because of this I don't like LoS.

A well, I don't like cockroaches either, but this has nothing to do with the dear leader, who says 'Fly me to the moon....'

So let him dream, the threat is "Govt Hopes To Send First Thai Into Space"

Let's hope.

IMO politicians do represent to a certain extent their countries and their people. So mocking them is enough to make it feel like mocking its people. Although I agree that some of the posts here are directed to the so-called idiot politicians, I don't think all are.

Of course we are mocking you :D . And meemiathai you are stupid enough to believe these Governement statements ???

You're the prime example why we regularly have a good laugh :D:o

Dreeaaam dream dream dream dreaaaammm...

Dam-n Stupid song :D

So Mr Thaksin doesn't love his country. He doesn't want Thailand to be strong. He loves to see his people suffer from poverty.

1. I do think Thaksin loves his country, but unfortunately he clearly loves himself, his money, and his cronies more.

2. I do think Thaksin wants Thailand to be strong, just so long as it doesn't conflict with Shin Satellite, A.I.S., AirAsia, ITV, etc. being the strongest companies in their respective fields.

3. If Thaksin doesn't want his country to suffer from poverty, he has a strange way of showing after squandering a B(with a b)illion plus tax-payer baht on his ego-boosting airplane.

:o

Wow this is great news with a little bit of ooops!!!

Will the astraunaut bring his ration of SOM TAM and Barb-b-que Chicken

and gau ped moo????

Mr. PM must be dreaming, they can't even fix the system to be part of the common

market let alone have a plan to go to space, must be the olympic gold fever that

started this new disease.

Anyway for all good purposes GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Of course we are mocking you :D . And meemiathai you are stupid enough to believe these Governement statements ???

And people who think of others as stupid are clever!

Well all you cynics......I have firsthand knowledge that is going to blow you away in relation to the Thai Space Agency. I have just come back from the proposed development site and will assure all readers that construction of the project is well under way. in fact we have entered phase three already and only three more to go.

Obviously this has been a secret project until recently when information was somehow leaked and the government was forced to officially release information. So be assured aldies and gentlemen this project is well underway and the first rockets will be headed off sometime early nextyear. I am setting up a public viewing station for those who want to come and see the project. Next time I come back from Yasothon I will let Thai visa people know so those who want to come will be the first to know. :o

And people who think of others as stupid are clever!

That is something i didn't say , but at least i was thought not to Brag my ass off unless i could deliver the promise.

Thailand is mostly smoke and mirrors.

Instill a large sense of pride in your people.

It's just a way to keep the population stupid so you can get away with the most.

Keep education low, people poor but give them a big national ego.

Very smart

Not unlike the US i might add , thailands great friend.