Govt Hopes To Send First Thai Into Space

george

I'm a bit tired of hearing what Thailand is going to tdo to be the same as the USA. Thailand, please put traffic, human rights, judicial killings, corruption etc. right before putting a man in space. Even the distant hope of holding the Olympics here comes before a Thai orbiting the earth. Unless of course, this is one of Thaksin Shinatwatra's CEO schemes. Maybe he should be the first candidate, in which case the programme could be brought forward considerably!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit tired of hearing what Thailand is going to do to be the same as America! Before you start looking at outer space, consider dealing with the corruption, extra judicial killings, traffic mismanagement, etc., which occurs here before loooking into outer space!

Pookywooky, please put using a computer properly before putting posts here on the forum! And I suppose the US had solved all their problems they had before starting to explore the outer space!

BTW,

I'm a bit tired of hearing what Thailand is going to do to be the same as America!
did they say they were going to do whatever they can to be the same as America? I suppose you think going to Mcdonald's is to be the same as America as well!

"Politically, it makes some sense for a Thai to be included on a flight to the international space station. There are a lot of factors involved according to what I've read, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened."

the only reason is to stroke some fool politicians ego. what possibly could a Thai astronaunt contribute? space exploration is undertaken with the goal of furthering scientific knowledge. its more than just memorizing an elements table. Thai scientists (are there any?) aren't even trying to find out how to stop the bird flu from spreading even though it has decimated the poultry industry (you would think that something that affects their bread and butter would cause the gov't to do something). instead, they rely on other countried, Hong Kong, China, Japan, the UK, the US, to do the work for them.

Why would anyone let a Thai on board a spacecraft who could not contribute? what is the thai going to do? make sure the other astronauts glasses of Tang are always filled?

IMO politicians do represent to a certain extent their countries and their people. So mocking them is enough to make it feel like mocking its people. Although I agree that some of the posts here are directed to the so-called idiot politicians, I don't think all are.

Of course we are mocking you :D . And meemiathai you are stupid enough to believe these Governement statements ???

You're the prime example why we regularly have a good laugh :D:o

Dreeaaam dream dream dream dreaaaammm...

Dam-n Stupid song :D

And people who think of others as stupid are clever!

That is something i didn't say , but at least i was thought not to Brag my ass off unless i could deliver the promise.

Thailand is mostly smoke and mirrors.

Instill a large sense of pride in your people.

It's just a way to keep the population stupid so you can get away with the most.

Keep education low, people poor but give them a big national ego.

Very smart

Not unlike the US i might add , thailands great friend.

and I always thought I was the only one to feel that way...

maybe we would have less cynicism if the gov't was able to deliver on ONE of its promises.

now excuse me while I go to make several thousand more copies of the same documents so i can travel across town tomorrow and submit my teachers license (which I already have) application to members of the esteemed E-goverment.

• 1 year later...
"Politically, it makes some sense for a Thai to be included on a flight to the international space station. There are a lot of factors involved according to what I've read, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened."

the only reason is to stroke some fool politicians ego.  what possibly could a Thai astronaunt contribute?  space exploration is undertaken with the goal of furthering scientific knowledge.  its more than just memorizing an elements table.  Thai scientists (are there any?) aren't even trying to find out how to stop the bird flu from spreading even though it has decimated the poultry industry (you would think that something that affects their bread and butter would cause the gov't to do something).  instead, they rely on other countried, Hong Kong, China, Japan, the UK, the US, to do the work for them. 

Why would anyone let a Thai on board a spacecraft who could not contribute?  what is the thai going to do?  make sure the other astronauts glasses of Tang are always filled?

What could a Thai contribute? They are gonna send up a Nana Plaza Astronaut, its gets bloody lonely up there :o