Muay Thai In North Of Samui?

danw

I wondered if anyone has spotted / experienced any Muay Thai training camps (don't need one with accomodation) in the North East end of

Samui. I know about the WMC camp in Lamai and Pinyo on the ring road along with others around Chaweng, however am looking for somewhere In Plai Laem, Choeng Mon, Bang Rak or Big Buddha - any ideas very appreciated!

Thanks,

Dan

No I dont think there are any. Samui is a small island, cant you just go the gyms on the south part? I recommend Pynyo, not as crowded as WMC and very friendly and experienced trainers. Altough Mono really needs to lay off the Singha a little.

Thanks Hex - Yes of course travel is quite possible, but it does add up - would rather not make the hour long round trip twice a day - it is a small island but the travel time adds up, particularly if I do get motivated enough to train 2x a day. 2 hours travelling along with work commitments is something I'd rather avoid if possible.

Pinyo is slighly closer to me, but if any other user knows of something hidden away up this end please post!

:D Run to and back from the one in Chaweng. That should get you fit! :o

hehehe very good!

Unfortunately its the techniques rather than the cardio I need to concentrate on - I have trouble staying over 60kg... think i'd have to have to run along dragging a gallon of protein shake in a medical drip dispenser.

:D Run to and back from the one in Chaweng. That should get you fit! :o

hehehe very good!

Unfortunately its the techniques rather than the cardio I need to concentrate on - I have trouble staying over 60kg... think i'd have to have to run along dragging a gallon of protein shake in a medical drip dispenser.

Hee hee! You should be easy to recognise then! If I see you I will stop and give you a lift! Also if you want to put on weight, I strongly recommend giving up the boxing as you might get injured and trying the chocolate marble cake at S & P in Big C! :D

there is or was a camp behinde the police station in manam on tghe beach. owned by the police station. the thai's that train there are very good and frequent boxers and always training for fighting. not a gym for tourists but a gym for fighters.

i still stick with pinyo becuase they don;t put pressure on u to fight all the time. they let u fight when u feel you are ready which gives u time to learn before u go for you kickin session