Thai Consulate In Hull, Uk

Hi all

Am off to the UK soon to get a new Non Immigrant 'O' multiple entry from Hull. If I use special delivery (next day) post as recommended by them and post the application on, say a Saturday, from Heathrow T2 Post Office, when should it be back on my doorstep? Is Wednesday realistic or too short? I will only be there for 7-8 days.

I will be posting as I don't live anywhere near Hull (or any Thai consulate for that matter!).

Any posting stories or experiences are greatly appreciated (even from Birmingham, Liverpool, Cardiff or Glasgow)

Big A

Edited by Big A

Hi all

Am off to the UK soon to get a new Non Immigrant 'O' multiple entry from Hull. If I use special delivery (next day) post as recommended by them and post the application on, say a Saturday, from Heathrow T2 Post Office, when should it be back on my doorstep? Is Wednesday realistic or too short? I will only be there for 7-8 days.

I will be posting as I don't live anywhere near Hull (or any Thai consulate for that matter!).

Any posting stories or experiences are greatly appreciated (even from Birmingham, Liverpool, Cardiff or Glasgow)

Big A

Did my in June got it back in 24 hours...excellent service( i sent it from Blackpool)

Edited by MickA

Hi all

Big A

I posted my passport (Special Delivery) from Surrey to Hull on Monday 17/12/07. Passport arrived back with Visa on Wednesday 19/12/07.

Hi all

Big A

Hi Big A

I used them. Posted from London and got it back in 3 days. Greatest place for visa's

Dave

OK. Thanks to all above.

It seems that the general concensus is that they deal with it immediately and will be back within 2-3 days. Excellent!!

I presume everyone used the GPO's 'Next Day' delivery service?

Yes definitely. Small silver plastic envelope. Guaranteed next day, and all fully insured. Costs about 11 or 12 quid in total (you need to put a return envelope inside with your passport etc).

OK. Thanks to all above.

It seems that the general concensus is that they deal with it immediately and will be back within 2-3 days. Excellent!!

I presume everyone used the GPO's 'Next Day' delivery service?

Yes definitely. Small silver plastic envelope. Guaranteed next day, and all fully insured. Costs about 11 or 12 quid in total (you need to put a return envelope inside with your passport etc).

I used "Special Delivery, next day by 9AM", cost £4.50. If you're pressed for time, you can add £6 to the fee and the consular people will take care of getting it back to you in the same fashion.

If you look here Thai Consulate Hull - visa page click on No 2, visa application pack and all you need is there in a PDF. REMEMBER that there are 3 forms to be filled in - all contained in the PDF.

I know the website pretty well and I know of the 3 forms:

1. Application form

2. Self Guarantee form

3. Payment details form

I suppose I would have to include a photocopy of our marriage cert to qualify for a Non O multi. Anything else they need?

PS Never occurred to me of a postal strike. I would be totally buggered if that happened. So near, yet so far!! :o