Infants Passport From Birmingham Consulate Uk

leprechaun

Hi all

I was wondering if it is possible to get an infants passport fron the birmingham consulate in the uk.

I was considering travelling to london Embassy but if we could go to birmingham as we live in Northants it would be much easier to find and park etc.

Any idea how long it takes to actually receive the passport?

Many thanks Lepechaun

When my ex wife lost her Thai passport in the UK some years back, I believe she applied for a replacement through the consulate in Birmingham.

However, unless things have changed since then, the papers have to be sent on to Thailand where the new passport is issued, and then couriered back to the consulate for your collection.

The Birmingham Consulate can be easily contacted by telephone, (unlike the Embassy in London) , so I suggest you give them a call.

new passports are now E-Passports, so last I looked, they are only obtainable from the embassy in London as they require a digital photo to be taken and a finger print (or for an infant, a toe print).

However, the embassy may have a mobile facilty which visits regional consulates, so you could enquire when they'll be in your neck of the woods next.