Playing Pool - Winner Stays On

Murf

I know the usuall places for playing pool in the lower Suk area - winner stays on (i.e looser pays)

But i'm looking for somewhere else.

Soi 4 - Hillary Bar, used to have good tables but not the tables are rubbish, need desparately re-clothing and the balls no longer run flat. AND they have wished all their customers a happy new year by raising prices by 20%!! And a happy new year to you too!!

Soi 7 - New Wave, tables are dated, have been re-clothed, but quality is poor and most of the clientele are unfriendly.

Soi 3 - Bamboo, bored.

Soi 5 - Gullivers, not really my scene.

Suk between 7 and 9 - Factory, not many people get in to play against.

So... anywhere you can reccomend... decent tables and a decent crowd... Cheers.

Ball in Hand on Soi 4 can be rented by the hour. Ball in Hand (Times Square) can also be rented by the hour (I think). Both have good tables/cloth/house cues and pool girls (professional and not really typical bar girls).

Players (if still open?) between ball in hand (Times square) and sports academy.

Salute (Soi 3; just 25 m from Sukhumvit; take the elevator up to 2nd floor) is also okay; can rent by hour or pay per play.

Also have Sanook Bar in the alley between Soi 5 and 7. Only 3 tables though so there can be a bit of a wait when it gets crowded. Looks like they spruced the place up recently, but haven't been there in a couple of months. They are also open later than most, until 3 or 4 depending on the number of customers there... that was the case a couple of months ago anyway.

I'm also looking for new places to play, winner stays on. Flyers on Soi 20 is nice but not enough customers, and don't really like the Queens Park bars. Mostly been going to BIH recently, but it gets expensive and boring after a while. Sometimes you just want to relax and play/meet different people. Gulliver's is probably the best for that due to the number of tables, but 70% of the customers are the same people there night after night so it gets old too.

If you find anything interesting, or want to play, shoot me a PM or update here please!

Thanks for the replies... I know about BIH, but it's not really a winner stays on place. But i agree, tables are good.

I forgot about Sanook Bar... I will give that a try this weekend, cheers.

Flyers - top of soi 22 i think? I was in there at the weekend actually... again, not too many people in, ended up going up stairs where they have tables for rent by the hour.

If anyone fancies getting together for a mini Thaivisa pool tournament someplace, that would be fun.

Mr Surface, i am up for a game sure... maybe this weekend if you are free?

I also forgot about;

Players - close up to Asoke, near soi 14... not been in there for a while, if i remember correctly, they had some nice tables too... but not much of a 'winner stays on' scene apart from playing the girls in the bar.

Metro on Soi 4 is a decent option.

Swan bar on soi 4 seems to get really going later in the night, was there till about 5 am yesterday ,they have both size tables ,Bar size and Full size , cues were ok , table i played was straight/level , but i played with one of the sevrvice staff so I payed anyway.

cheers

Flyers is right on Suk at soi 20 I believe. Yes, always looks pretty empty.

I forgot about Bully's, on Suk btwn Soi 4 and the Marriott. They have 3 or 4 tables, winner stays on. Only been there a couple of times and don't really remember how good the tables and cues were, but it's worth a check as it can get quite a few customers in there, especially when there's a game on TV.

Players has two 8-ball tables, winner stays on, and apparently the right most 9-ball table is also winner stays on (at least the last time I was there). Crowd there can sometimes give off a bit of that New Wave vibe so I don't go there all that often.

I'm free on Friday Murf, but have to pick up a guest at the airport on Saturday so the rest of the weekend is no good.

Tried Metro before... good tables, but not much of a crowd for a winner stays on scenario.

Swan - again... no people to play.

Bullys is ok... but its a bit expensive in there, saying that i haven't been for a long time! And again... is there much of a crowd?

Surface - friday i have to goto a NY party... i know, a little late!!! But next weekend? I will PM my number to you :o

I know the usuall places for playing pool in the lower Suk area - winner stays on (i.e looser pays)

But i'm looking for somewhere else.

Soi 4 - Hillary Bar, used to have good tables but not the tables are rubbish, need desparately re-clothing and the balls no longer run flat. AND they have wished all their customers a happy new year by raising prices by 20%!! And a happy new year to you too!!

Soi 7 - New Wave, tables are dated, have been re-clothed, but quality is poor and most of the clientele are unfriendly.

Soi 3 - Bamboo, bored.

Soi 5 - Gullivers, not really my scene.

Suk between 7 and 9 - Factory, not many people get in to play against.

So... anywhere you can reccomend... decent tables and a decent crowd... Cheers.

Bush Garden, soi 15 above The Thermae, used to have a few regular guys/girls who were quite good as well as the odd farang holiday maker.

Chalk your name up, winner stays on. I think win 7 games and you get a free beer! :o

At the end of the bar you might even be able to play for a few baht with the Thai police :D

Pool and 9 ball. You might even meet a nice girl who wants you to take her home :D

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL