Work Permit Requirements

Hi,

I'm new so forgive me if this has already been discussed, I had a brief look over this forum and couldn't find quite what I was after, so even a link to a previous thread that will answer my question would be quite sufficient.

I actually just want to know what the requirements are to obtain a working permit in Thailand, and specifically, whether I would require a University Degree

I have seen a few vague lists online found via google search but none of them seem to clearly state whether this is a requirement or if it is something that you should just include a record of if you have one.

Can anyone clarify this for me?

Thanks and Kindest Regards,

Sophie

W.P.2

(For first time application or reapplication due to expiring wp)

Qualifications of Application

1. Having residence in the Kingdom or having permission to stay in the kingdom temporarily under immigration law (only NON-IMMIGRANT VISA is acceptable).

2. Having the knowledge and/or skills to perform the work as stated in the application for work permit.

3. Not being insane or mentally sick, suffering from leprosy, tuberculosis, drug addiction, alcoholism, and elephantitus.

4. Never having been imprisoned for violation of the immigration Law or the Working of Alien Act al least one year prior to the date of application.

Documents Required

1. Application Form with 3 (5x6 cm.) recent photographs (taken within last six months, not from computer/Polaroid).

2. A certificate signed by employer showing the need to employ a foreigner (the form provided by Department of Employment).

3. Copy of the applicant’s education certificate and job experience record. (Form provided by Department of Employment is accepted in case such foreigner cannot submit the copy when applying)

4. Medical certificate showing that the application does not suffer from prohibited diseases as identified by the law. (Issued within the last six months).

5. Passport and one copy of all pages or Certificate of Permanent Residence and Certificate of Alien with a copy.

6. Power of Attorney with 10 baht duty stamp affixed and a appointee’s I.D. card (if the applicant is unable to apply in person).

7. Map showing the location of company/enterprise.

8. W.P.10 Forms (Tor Thor 10) for notification of the commencement of work, a Power of Attorney made by the employer with 10 Baht duty stamp affixed and a copy of employer’s I.D. card.

Supported Document as category of employer

1. A copy of Thai Company registration and copy of recent shareholder’s list. (Updated within six months) or juristic person needs to submit a copy of Business Operation License of such foreigner and document about money import.

2. Copy of VAT Registration Form Phor Por 01 identifying type of business and Form Phor Por 09 if there is any change.

3. List of foreigner workers who work at this company identifying work permit number.

4. A copy of employer’s work permit in case of he/she is a foreigner. If the employer is not working in Thailand or has no work permit. Power of Attorney certificated by Notary Public and Thai Embassy is needed.

5. Company engaging any business which a license from the relevant Authority is needed, for example: Factory License, Restaurant License, Liquor License, Cigarette License, Hotel License, Tourism License, Hospital License, Chemical Import License, etc.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Degrees are not required with only a few exceptions such as teachers. :o

Sorry Sunbelt I know you are a big and respected company but this is not true. You can get a working visa as a teacher without a degree its the teachers licence where the degree and T.E.F.L come into play.

If you sign direct with a school this working visa can be set up but after 2 years they will be asking for the teachers licence.

So you go back to the whole degree thing again.