Where Can I Weigh Baggage?

jeepholt

Am posting this in both the Suvarnabhumi Airport forum and the Pattaya forum since I think it is a question concerning both places? Don't know if it's against the rules or not. Apologize if it is and I'm sure a mod will straighten me out!

Any of you guys know somewhere in the airport that you can use scales to weigh your baggage BEFORE getting to the airline check in counters? Reason I'm asking is that Air Asia only allows 15 KG's total and 4 of us flying will probably have to do some shifting of stuff in luggage in order to fall within these weight limits. Would hate to have to do it at airline check in and delay all the others waiting behind us. Coming from Pattaya to fly Air Asia to Phnom Penh and back, and even after all these years here, I can't think of anywhere in Pattaya to weigh our baggage before going to BKK.

TIA

Am posting this in both the Suvarnabhumi Airport forum and the Pattaya forum since I think it is a question concerning both places? Don't know if it's against the rules or not. Apologize if it is and I'm sure a mod will straighten me out!

Any of you guys know somewhere in the airport that you can use scales to weigh your baggage BEFORE getting to the airline check in counters? Reason I'm asking is that Air Asia only allows 15 KG's total and 4 of us flying will probably have to do some shifting of stuff in luggage in order to fall within these weight limits. Would hate to have to do it at airline check in and delay all the others waiting behind us. Coming from Pattaya to fly Air Asia to Phnom Penh and back, and even after all these years here, I can't think of anywhere in Pattaya to weigh our baggage before going to BKK.

TIA

Pretty much every gym in the world has a scale.

Just pass yourself off as a potential member who just came from the airport and then, "Oh, by the way...."

P.S. 15 really means 20

Edited by MisterFingers

TIA

Just pass yourself off as a potential member who just came from the airport and then, "Oh, by the way...."

P.S. 15 really means 20

That's good to know. With Cebu Pacific 15 kg means 15 kg or under.

To the OP: A cheap set of bathroom scales should be good enough to weigh bags.

TIA

P.S. 15 really means 20

That's good to know. With Cebu Pacific 15 kg means 15 kg or under.

To the OP: A cheap set of bathroom scales should be good enough to weigh bags.

20 = 15 + 5 for the bathroom scales... :D

Try asking at the hotel where you are staying, they may be able to help.

Personally I have invested in a pocket sized travel scales similar to this compact High Capacity Digital Luggage Weigher, you can not be to careful these day as the airlines are really shaking down the clientèle. :o

BB

In most airports they have a contraption where you can check the seize and weight of you luggage, normally located in the check in area, not 100% sure this exists in Suvarnabhumi Airport but would think so.

I have seen coin operated scales outside many super markets, like Food Market in Jomtien.

Most hotels they will usually have a scale for their guests to check their luggage.

i would personally buy a set of cheap bathroom scales from any of the large supermarkets, juggle till you have the correct weight in each case then just dump the scales/leave them in the room it will save a lot of chew at the airport if you are or rather your suitcase is over weight :o

the scales are cheap enough

Edited by chez

i would personally buy a set of cheap bathroom scales from any of the large supermarkets, juggle till you have the correct weight in each case then just dump the scales/leave them in the room it will save a lot of chew at the airport if you are or rather your suitcase is over weight :o

the scales are cheap enough

If you travel a lot and have this problem get a small hand held fish scale.

Edited by ZZZ