Concrete Stamps, Matcrete Etc

onlooker

I've tried all over to locate these stamps but no luck. We eventually tracked down a 'Winfloor' crew doing a floor in Pattaya. I picked up their catalog and watched them doing the work on the floors for a number of hours so I could see how it is done. I also had a look at the stamps they were using and they are all stamped on the top with an Australian company name and address. Winfloor quoted me 700 baht a meter to do my job but as I have my own people we really want to do the job ourselves.

I have located the color hardener and had thought about making our own stamps from steel then hand finishing each stone with a pointing trowel because I can't find a source for the stamps.

The stamps look fairly easy to put together from rebars and various shapes on the inside, only thing is they have to interlock and some have straight edges so not that easy to get it right. You also need a release agent to get the stamp off cleanly but that's not hard to find.

If you can find a local source I would also be very interested. Possible import dunno?

The brand I used in the USA was "Stampcrete." Their website is, appropriately enough, http://www.stampcrete.com and you might e-mail them ( [email protected] ) to see if they have any franchise in Thailand and/or can ship supplies to Thailand for you.

The website for "Winflor" that Rimmer mentioned: http://www.winflor.com/index.htm -- they seem to be headquartered in Chiang Mai.

Thanks for the info. I know one Thai guy who had a flexible rubber mat brought over from Norway and he used that, rather than the solid framed stamp. It works fine but the pattern isnt one that I like.

I'd have thought there was a big market for the flexible mats here as you don't have to be a rocket scientist to use them and Thais love to concrete over everything they can.

Looks like I might have to see if I can get any brought over from Europe.