What I Saw Today In Pattaya

piker

By 7am, I realize I’ve been awake working most of the night. I stand up to snap the sunrise.

2008-01-08_00007.jpg2008-01-08_00006.jpg

Down Klang to pay the bills and over to The Sportsmans on soi 13 for breakfast and to look into their door to door tourist visa run package at 12,000.

2008-01-08_00008.jpg

2008-01-08_00009.jpg

2008-01-08_00012.jpg

2008-01-08_00011.jpg

2008-01-08_00010.jpg

This isn’t very attractive.

2008-01-08_00013.jpg

Reading Sportsmans’ menu makes my arteries clog so I head over to Carrefour. In the mornings, the aircon is very pleasant. I order spicy Kao Soy (dark broth soup with chicken leg) and a marinated pork dish with a pineapple shake.

2008-01-08_00016.jpg

2008-01-08_00015.jpg

2008-01-08_00017.jpg

That's 3 days on the trot you have subjected us to your rather uneventful life. Go and get yourself a girlfriend or something.

You can put me on ignore so you won't be tortured any longer with the banality of my life as a working expat.

The point is not to show off the red lights of Pattaya but for a change show the other elements and as so often people wonder if they should move here? I have many expat friends in Pattaya and the reality is, when we're not meeting our girlfriends, we eat and work. Meh.

Ok, I think that goal is admirable, to show different sides of Pattaya.

But I think on this forum everyone is probably familiar with the basics stuff you see around? A tree, a dog, a travel agent clerk, a carrefour super store, something resembling a bowl of khao soi..

But, rather than slag you off, I think I'm going to ENCOURAGE you to seek out something that will make me go 'hey, that's interesting/fun/noteworthy/pretty." :o

So far I'm leaning towards settling in Phuket, but obviously haven't made up my mind or I wouldn't be here..

I don't know if the thread is the least bit entertaining but in the vein of Thai Visa, hopefully one can get some info of where to get this or that again from an expat's perspective and not a 2 week millionaire. I've got plenty of friends in the frozen tundra worldwide right now who are wondering year after year how they can somehow work and make it day to day in Thailand with an income stream. I'm living it so at the very least, I hope my thread will show people it's possible to make it here even far from retirement age (I'm 35 and sexy :o) but also how to find the things you may need like a good visa run package and its location or a good bowl of Kao Soy in an air conditioned place. Yawn. Enjoy the pics.

That's 3 days on the trot you have subjected us to your rather uneventful life. Go and get yourself a girlfriend or something.

You can put me on ignore so you won't be tortured any longer with the banality of my life as a working expat.

...the reality is, when we're not meeting our girlfriends, we eat and work. Meh.

i find your life (compared to mine) extremely exciting Piker. tell us more please and add more pictures (food and girlfriend) and ignore misanthrops! :o

At least it's on topic unlike the endless threads about English football that has nothing to do with Thailand :D

does that mean you are not interested whether Dynamo Moscow has beaten Real Madrid? in my view these english football threads are the most exciting in TV-Forum and are very much related to Thailand (in perfect accordance with the forum rules).

or are you trying to tell me that "Ronaldinho caught in Sao Paulo with amphetamines!" or the poll: "Will Sumo Osaka beat the Headhunters of Port Moresby?" are not related to Thailand?

:o

i find your life (compared to mine) extremely exciting Piker. tell us more please and add more pictures (food and girlfriend) and ignore misanthrops! :o

I enjoy them too - I'm back in the UK at present and they help remind me of what life can be like in LOS.

Reassured today to see that my bank is still in the same place and in business!

Maybe tomorrow I'll see someone I know!

Keep 'em coming.

At least it's on topic unlike the endless threads about English football that has nothing to do with Thailand :o

Not sure if that was directed at me, as I have very little to no interest in football. Now if you want to talk about rugby......

I enjoy them too - I'm back in the UK at present and they help remind me of what life can be like in LOS.

Reassured today to see that my bank is still in the same place and in business!

Maybe tomorrow I'll see someone I know!

Keep 'em coming.

I concur. Keep em coming :o

And i'm gonna get the mrs to make me that Kao Soy soup. Looks tastey :D

I don't know if the thread is the least bit entertaining but in the vein of Thai Visa, hopefully one can get some info of where to get this or that again from an expat's perspective and not a 2 week millionaire. I've got plenty of friends in the frozen tundra worldwide right now who are wondering year after year how they can somehow work and make it day to day in Thailand with an income stream. I'm living it so at the very least, I hope my thread will show people it's possible to make it here even far from retirement age (I'm 35 and sexy :o) but also how to find the things you may need like a good visa run package and its location or a good bowl of Kao Soy in an air conditioned place. Yawn. Enjoy the pics.

I'm in the (sort of) frozen, (sort of) desert wasteland that is known as Kandahar right now. When I am home (in Pattaya), I rarely take pictures, so it is nice to see pics of some familiar places (and some new ones). A little taste of home when you are far away.

I say great job and carry on ! :D

YAWN !!!

Been there and done it.

You are starting to really clutter this Pattaya forum. How about starting a new Pattaya Pictures forum and taking all of this stuff over there.

Edited by aguy30

YAWN !!!

Been there and done it.

You are starting to really clutter this Pattaya forum. How about starting a new Pattaya Pictures forum and taking all of this stuff over there.

Doesn't have to be that extreme.

But how about, starting Jan. 9, starting a thread that says, "What I've seen (Daily) in Pattaya from 8/1/9."

And post your new daily pics in that one single thread.

That'll keep that "Cluttering up the Pattaya forum" camp happy while not taking away from the "Nice Pics, Keep em' Comin'" camp.

Edited by MisterFingers

Looks like you are living in a studio apartment ie. no separate bedroom. Just curious about your monthly rent, how much is it?

Boy oh boy I sure wish I had the time to get up in the morning and wander around like that! Maybe one of these days!

...the banality of my life as a working expat.

The point is not to show off the red lights of Pattaya but for a change show the other elements and as so often people wonder if they should move here? I have many expat friends in Pattaya and the reality is, when we're not meeting our girlfriends, we eat and work. Meh.

I think you should continue the daily threads, but if you are a working expat, why are you looking into tourist visa runs?

TH

Edited by thaihome

But how about, starting Jan. 9, starting a thread that says, "What I've seen (Daily) in Pattaya from 8/1/9."

That'll keep that "Cluttering up the Pattaya forum" camp happy while not taking away from the "Nice Pics, Keep em' Comin'" camp.

Yes, I agree...good idea.

Excellent suggestion.

Tomorrow........