Advice Please.

Hiya guys, I'm new to this site so forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong place but I would really appreciate some help here.

Having lived here on Koh Samui for 4 years on the luxury of a non-immigrant o visa, I am now back to a tourist visa. I know that I can get a 6 month triple entry visa in Penang but I've heard that it is possible to get a 1 year tourist visa on production of a letter that says what a jolly good bloke you are, and that they will cover your air fare home if things were to go pear shaped.

Anyone know anything about this, or is it just yet another urban myth?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice offered.

Please note that what you refer to is a multi entry non imm visa, valid for 1 year. You will still have to leave the country every 90 days or get extensions at immigration office. With extensions at the right time can last 15 months

Thank you guys. Any and all advice gratefully accepted. Lets face it, we're all in the same boat here - and what a beautiful boat it is too - but if we don't all look out for each other then who the ###### will? Forgive me if I sound cynical but I doubt very much that the average Thai will care.

And food for thought; a "cynic" is what an optimist calls a realist!