Shell Petrol Con

rocky123

I know this is nothing new but just been conned at the Shell station south pat rd near 3rd . The sun was shinning on the pump guage so could,nt see the zero. I asked for 200bht that usualy fills my tank, as I drove off i was only half full, I went back and 4 guys stood around me and just stared and said GO. I got the message. :o

There are many posts here concerning this petrol station, if you really need to use it always check that they zero the pump, I have had many many incidents at this place, I try to avoid using it.

Like so many of you I have had bad experiences there and my friends also. Year after year. Here is a link to the Thailand Shell Staion web site with contact info.

http://www.shell.com//home/Framework?siteId=thailand-en

Feel free to unload at the contact email address or by telephone. I am sure the head office will get right on this. They will want to know where thier cut of the money is.

:o

they always try it on at all the shell garages in pattaya

always stare at the pump. they'll click it to zero.

the fat lad always trys it on. think he works at the one near big c now. he got moved after he got caught at pattaya tai garage.

yep didnt get sacked, got moved. TIT

• 2 months later...

Are you sure it was a mistake...the price of gas has doubled in the past year. Maybe your B200 now only gets you half as much gas so that's why the tank was half full :o

Seriously though, this station is well known for this con...only thing one can do is remember to stare at the pump so they reset to zero for you.

They are real bastards there..

They will do it over and over again.

It seems they just don't recognize you.

Sometimes i just go there for 2 liters of free petrol.

The guy starts filling the car, after 5 seconds you jump out of your car.

You tell him you saw he didn't reset the counter and after a while he will tell you to f_cuk off.

He wont ask you to pay because he knows he's wrong.

How in earth can he get 10 liters in the tank in a few seconds.

Works everytime and the sucker doesn't even recognize you.

Edited by Jareddiving

This is one of these days I have too much time on my hands (actually not, but what the heck), so here goes.

Most petrol station attendants will try to cheat you if they can. Get used to it, and just go out of your car before opening the filler cap. And see to it that they reset the pump.

Is this rocket science? Do we need another long thread to discuss this further?

I still use the Shell station on PTA Tai, not because I like the stealing little shits, but it is convenient. So knowing this, the attendant and I have an unspoken agreement that cheating will and can not take place.

If you see the meter is at zero then you are ok. If you can't be bothered to look, you shouldn't go complaining in a country where nearly every fuc_ker is out to scam you in such a business.

Bullshit because they only tried it twice on me..

2 times out of god knows how many times i went to fill up my car.

Meaning there are a few out there trying to pull a scam on you, not nearly every fuc_ker.

If you see the meter is at zero then you are ok. If you can't be bothered to look, you shouldn't go complaining in a country where nearly every fuc_ker is out to scam you in such a business.

Meaning there are a few out there trying to pull a scam on you, not nearly every fuc_ker.

Jareddiving

post Yesterday, 2008-03-19 22:25:17

Post #9

Group: Members

Member No.: 51,109

You tell him you saw he didn't reset the counter and after a while he will tell you to f_cuk off.

This post has been edited by Jareddiving: Yesterday, 2008-03-19 22:26:03

I have also been conned at this station. I noticed what they were doing and other staff members tried to cover up the display by blocking my view. However I caught them and challenged them. They appologised to me saying "sorry, mistake" and charged me the correct amount which wasn't displayed on the pump. I have never been here again to buy fuel, just use the free air to pump up my tyres!

Jareddiving

post Yesterday, 2008-03-19 22:25:17

Post #9

Group: Members

Member No.: 51,109

This post has been edited by Jareddiving: Yesterday, 2008-03-19 22:26:03

This is one gas station out off the 20-30-40 we have in Pattaya...