Australian Aged Pension

14 minutes ago, KhunHeineken said:

Who knows, maybe they will do like the British system in the link I posted from another thread and just stop CPI increases to those outside of Australia for 183 days.  It's not kind, but kinder than a 32.5% hit.  

Now  again,  without any evidence, u are bringing CPI Increase,s into your Scare Mongreling  campaign.

Sadly u r in La La land????

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, deej said:

Now  again,  without any evidence, u are bringing CPI Increase,s into your Scare Mongreling  campaign.

I thought he said he "was done,".

He's had More comebacks than John Farnham.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, deej said:

This was the link, again.

Basically freeze pensions.  It would mean you don't lose 32.5%, but it would mean you don't get any increases whilst outside of Australia.

We copied them with Job Keeper.  Was that La La Land?  Who knows, they may copy this as well. 

Probably an easier sell to the Australian public, for those of the opinion nothing will change because of a backlash, outrage, protests, riots, flag burning, political assassinations,  domestic terrorist attacks, petitions, and so on.  ???? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, KhunHeineken said:

Or Telly Savalas.  ????

Tilley Divine ??

Matilda Mary Devine, known as Tilly Devine, was an English Australian organised crime boss. She was involved in a wide range of activities, including sly-grog, razor gangs, and prostitution, and became a famous folk figure in Sydney during the interwar years.

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Changes in Aged Pension for next Financial Year :

Proposal Interest Rates may have increased but Deeming Rates will not be increased for next two years.

Changes for retirees under the new Labor government #AgePension - YouTube

50% Reduced Super drawdown rates will continue for next year.

Extension of temporary reduction in superannuation minimum drawdown rates | Australian Taxation Office (ato.gov.au)

Edited by LosLobo

23 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Changes in Aged Pension for next Financial Year :

Proposal Interest Rates may have increased but Deeming Rates will not be increased for next two years.

Changes for retirees under the new Labor government #AgePension - YouTube

50% Reduced Super drawdown rates will continue for next year.

Extension of temporary reduction in superannuation minimum drawdown rates | Australian Taxation Office (ato.gov.au)

Gotta love the Aussie drawl,,, ????

Good Morning to all????

With KSK Bangkok Bank branch,closing very shortly, due to the Mall closing, 

May i ask, will my account,  ,

continue as normal , 

therfore my OZ  pension paid into  my AC  and ATM card, still valid.

Mny thks in advance ❤❤❤

2 hours ago, deej said:

Good Morning to all????

With KSK Bangkok Bank branch,closing very shortly, due to the Mall closing, 

May i ask, will my account,  ,

continue as normal , 

therfore my OZ  pension paid into  my AC  and ATM card, still valid.

Mny thks in advance ❤❤❤

Your account is still valid with Bangkok Bank, my best guess is it will transfer to the Branch on the Thapae Road between Nawarat Bridge and Thapae Gate, or maybe Nimmanheimen.

If you can make it, go to the KSK branch and ask them where your account is being transferred to. Take someone who can speak Thai if necessary.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2022 at 1:09 PM, deej said:

In my case ,having resided here for 21 yrs, Centrelink  have beenso far, very postive for me, long may it continue????????????

Centerlink only administers the laws and policies of the government of the day.  Let's hope the new government does not admit into legislation the new proposed tax residency laws.  

Has anyone asked Centrelink to change from paying into an Australian bank account to one in Thailand?

I have had my pension paid into an Aussie account for the 13 years I've been in Thailand, but as I have no intentions of ever returning, wondering if it makes more sense to have it paid directly into my SCB bank. Is it as simple as just contacting C'link and asking them to change it?

12 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Has anyone asked Centrelink to change from paying into an Australian bank account to one in Thailand?

I have had my pension paid into an Aussie account for the 13 years I've been in Thailand, but as I have no intentions of ever returning, wondering if it makes more sense to have it paid directly into my SCB bank. Is it as simple as just contacting C'link and asking them to change it?

I don't know how simple it is, but I do have a friend in Chiang Mai who has his OAP paid into a Thai bank account in dollars by Centrelink. The bank then converts it to baht. IME, one loses about half a baht on the cross rate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Yes it is very simple if you're sure you do have 'portability'*. Just call the Centrlink International office in Hobart, free call from Thailand just dial 0018006114136. Always answered quickly, always pleasant, focused and helpful. They will explain where to download the required form (just one form).

*portability - meaning you have qualified for permanent portability of payments (meaning the place/country where the funds are sent is portable across the world). It can be changed as often as you wish.

If you're not sure about Portability perhaps call the Centrelink Hobart free call number and initially act dumb and ask 'Do I qualify for portability of payment?' Then ask where to download the bank form mentioned above

On the downloaded form write in the details you know (your account name**, bank name, branch**, account no. etc.), then take it to your Thai bank and ask them to write something simple to confirm that the bank account details and the SWIFT code you have entered are correct and they add and sign a bank stamp. All completed in a couple of minutes.

** Account name can be a joint savings account (e.g. my OAP is paid into a joint savings account at K Bank, account name is myself and my adult Thai son). Branch doesn't need to be the full street address, just 'Roi Et' or similar. My understanding is that Centrelink prefer the second name on a joint savings account is a family member, but it can be anybody.

Also ensure you ask the Centrelink officer for the very specific e.mail address to send a scanned/photoed copy of the completed bank form.

When I did this I was concerned that they might not be able to read the details (especially the account number) that I had hand written on the form. So I typed a simple Word document, just

a list of the words and numbers I had hand written on the bank form, in big font.

Then I printed my Word ddocument and added this document to the attachments on the e.mail to Centrelink International:

- Attachment 1 - The completed Centrelink banking form with stamp etc., from K Bank.

- Attachment 2 - My Word document (as just above, with names and numbers typed in big font). No signature.

You can also mail the fully completed bank form to them if you prefer, for this ensure you get the correct Centrelink mailing address when you call them.

If you go this overall route your payments are changed to a 4 weekly cycle (every 4th Thursday). However my 4 weekly payment goes into my K Bank joint savings account about 10.00 am on the Monday after the 4th Thursday. No big deal.

My K Bank account is set up so that I get an immediate 'ding' on my phone to indicate there's an SMS message showing there's been some activity funds in / funds out on my joint savings account. This always shows in Thai Baht. 

With K Bank you can set up a 'CREDIT ADVICE'. Every time K Bank deposits these payments to your savings/joint savings account you get a fully detailed e.mail from your bank. I'd be surprised if SCB don't have the same facility.

When I get the credit advice it's already been converted to Thai Baht. But the credit advice document does also show the AUD amount.  

It's difficult to understand whether Centrelink pays the international bank transfer fee or not, but if you are paying it's a very small amount (guess less than 200Baht). Your receiving Thai bank also make a charge to your savings account each time. I get the full OAP, the K Bank charge each time is 120Baht.

It does take a few weeks for Centrelink to get you transferred and fully up and running in the 4 weekly payment cycle. Not surprised.

When I changed to the 4 weekly cycle, they very quickly confirmed receipt of the bank transfer form (above) by e.mail, then sent me a couple of progressive e.mails to confirm they were going through the steps to get me into the 4 weekly cycle and the date I would get the first international transfer and the first payment did appear as they advised re date.

Hope the above helps, please yell if I can explain further.

For any Aussie also receiving payments from the DVA they also have a 4 weekly payment system to your bank abroad, also very easy to set up.

Good luck.

Edited by scorecard
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Yes it is very simple if you're sure you do have 'portability'*. Just call the Centrlink International office in Hobart, free call from Thailand just dial 0018006114136. Always answered quickly, always pleasant, focused and helpful. They will explain where to download the required form (just one form).

*portability - meaning you have qualified for permanent portability of payments (meaning the place/country where the funds are sent is portable across the world). It can be changed as often as you wish.

If you're not sure about Portability perhaps call the Centrelink Hobart free call number and initially act dumb and ask 'Do I qualify for portability of payment?' Then ask where to download the bank form mentioned above

On the downloaded form write in the details you know (your account name**, bank name, branch**, account no. etc.), then take it to your Thai bank and ask them to write something simple to confirm that the bank account details and the SWIFT code you have entered are correct and they add and sign a bank stamp. All completed in a couple of minutes.

** Account name can be a joint savings account (e.g. my OAP is paid into a joint savings account at K Bank, account name is myself and my adult Thai son). Branch doesn't need to be the full street address, just 'Roi Et' or similar. My understanding is that Centrelink prefer the second name on a joint savings account is a family member, but it can be anybody.

Also ensure you ask the Centrelink officer for the very specific e.mail address to send a scanned/photoed copy of the completed bank form.

When I did this I was concerned that they might not be able to read the details (especially the account number) that I had hand written on the form. So I typed a simple Word document, just

a list of the words and numbers I had hand written on the bank form, in big font.

Then I printed my Word ddocument and added this document to the attachments on the e.mail to Centrelink International:

- Attachment 1 - The completed Centrelink banking form with stamp etc., from K Bank.

- Attachment 2 - My Word document (as just above, with names and numbers typed in big font). No signature.

You can also mail the fully completed bank form to them if you prefer, for this ensure you get the correct Centrelink mailing address when you call them.

If you go this overall route your payments are changed to a 4 weekly cycle (every 4th Thursday). However my 4 weekly payment goes into my K Bank joint savings account about 10.00 am on the Monday after the 4th Thursday. No big deal.

My K Bank account is set up so that I get an immediate 'ding' on my phone to indicate there's an SMS message showing there's been some activity funds in / funds out on my joint savings account. This always shows in Thai Baht. 

With K Bank you can set up a 'CREDIT ADVICE'. Every time K Bank deposits these payments to your savings/joint savings account you get a fully detailed e.mail from your bank. I'd be surprised if SCB don't have the same facility.

When I get the credit advice it's already been converted to Thai Baht. But the credit advice document does also show the AUD amount.  

It's difficult to understand whether Centrelink pays the international bank transfer fee or not, but if you are paying it's a very small amount (guess less than 200Baht). Your receiving Thai bank also make a charge to your savings account each time. I get the full OAP, the K Bank charge each time is 120Baht.

It does take a few weeks for Centrelink to get you transferred and fully up and running in the 4 weekly payment cycle. Not surprised.

When I changed to the 4 weekly cycle, they very quickly confirmed receipt of the bank transfer form (above) by e.mail, then sent me a couple of progressive e.mails to confirm they were going through the steps to get me into the 4 weekly cycle and the date I would get the first international transfer and the first payment did appear as they advised re date.

Hope the above helps, please yell if I can explain further.

For any Aussie also receiving payments from the DVA they also have a 4 weekly payment system to your bank abroad, also very easy to set up.

Good luck.

I can't find my original copy of the actual Centrelink form I submitted by e.mail, however just below I've attached a Word copy of the actual very simple Centrelink form:

Name of bank

Kasikorn Bank (K Bank)

Address of bank

Thailand

SWIFT

KASITHBK

Account number

Name of account holder

Can be joint savings account

Bank writes something to confirm the account name and account number is correct. Thai bank then adds and endorses their own stamp.

Customer signature and date

Customer name (can be a joint savings account)

Customers Centrelink Reference number

XXX    XXX    XXX   X 

• Thanks 1