Visa Exempt Entry Cambodia To Thailand

Please bear with me. Visa matters are due and me and my friend are planning to do it this time at the border crossing of Aranya Prathet / Poipet on 03.03.08. We will start off in Nakon Ratchasima and Siem Reap is going to be our final destination.

My friend, a British passport holder with only Thai Non-O-Visas in his passport (with the exception of just 1 Visa Exempt Entry back in February 2006) wants clarification. He has a Non-O-Visa in his passport running the extra 90 days of said visa, which by the time we leave will run out. He thinks to leave Thailand with me and return on a 30 Day Visa Exempt Entry from Cambodia to Thailand. He has a booked flight from Suvarnabhumi on 28th March back to Europe, where he is going to spend a few months and then return to Thailand again with a new and fresh Non-O-Visa.

Myself, a holder of a Multiple Non-O-Visa still to be utilized by late August, do not see any problems to return to Thailand at all. Not being a TV expert I just want to make sure that the plan of my friend works, that he gets his 30 days, does not get stuck and unnecessary money would have to be spent visa-wise.

Furthermore, can somebody comment and confirm the viability of this Cambodia Online Visa procedure, please? Thank you all.

By time run out believe you mean his visa use by date has expired - not that he will be on overstay (his permitted to stay until date has passed)? If not on overstay he should not have have a problem getting a visa exempt entry but should have his outbound ticket with him.

Have no knowledge of online visa but getting at the border seems to be easy enough and you are not restricted to only a couple of crossings.

- not that he will be on overstay (his permitted to stay until date has passed)?

Thanks lopburi3 for your always spot-on answer. No, no, no overstay! Sorry, should have mentioned that his current visa will have run out by the time we return again to Thailand.