Tnt Insurance To Usa

I used to use DHL to ship stuff to the USA, primarily in their Jumbo and Jumbo Jr. boxes. Some time ago I switched to TNT because they had better prices and service. Today I was told that I cannot insure packages to the USA for more than 20 Euro per kg. The first rep said that was because of US regulations, which sounds like complete BS, the second rep said it was TNT policy, but offered no reason. The contents are not anything exotic like jewelry, etc., just auto parts. Anybody know anything about that? The value of this shipment is about $850, so I would be rather bummed to get $160 back if it were to get lost.

I used to use DHL to ship stuff to the USA, primarily in their Jumbo and Jumbo Jr. boxes. Some time ago I switched to TNT because they had better prices and service. Today I was told that I cannot insure packages to the USA for more than 20 Euro per kg. The first rep said that was because of US regulations, which sounds like complete BS, the second rep said it was TNT policy, but offered no reason. The contents are not anything exotic like jewelry, etc., just auto parts. Anybody know anything about that? The value of this shipment is about $850, so I would be rather bummed to get $160 back if it were to get lost.

Call their office in Thailand, phone number is on their website. http://www.tnt.com/country/en_th.html

If you can't get a sensible answer out of them, call their regional HQ in Singapore.