Classic Rock And Roll

spunkymunkey

I am ex military. I have hatched this idea to get a band together to play in Bangkok. I am wondering what the expat concensus is on classic rock and roll and the number of places to play around Bangkok and possibly further out. Does anyone know of any resident gigs and finally has anyone heard of a legal requirement that one menber of the band must be Thai. What I'm trying to offer is all the classics, like for instance here in Vancouver many people seem to like the old tunes like Smoke on the Water , Johny B Goode. I know the city of Bangkok but have not been there since 92. Please let me know what you think? If you are interested, please visit my web site, playing guitar is my golf. Of course if any one knows of any contacts or musicians I would love to hear

from them.

www.tourguy.tk

Thanks

Luke

Is that really a left-handed Les Paul? How difficult was that to find? (Or is the photo just reversed?)

Don't know about the legal requirements for a band, if any. But there are plenty of expats playing in bands around Bangkok. Your kind of music would probably be very popular amongst a certain crowd and in the right venue, but I think it'd be hard to make a living at it.

I've seen a few Rock 'n' Roll (50/60's) bands western style in LOS. Mostly mimed to a CD - they forget to play chords on the guitars and just all strum along to the music :D

Some good ones though. They have quite a good band at the Good View (or is it River Side can never which is which!), but that's Chiang Mai. It might be easier making a living in CM as the tourists and expats are all pretty close (huddled aroung the Night Bazaar area mostly) and not so much competition and Pattaya or Phuket. In fact, not that many places to go for music at in in CM (other than miming by Ladyboys or the restaurants). :o

Good luck

There are a couple of Farang bands playing around Bangkok..If you look for Soi dogs Bangkok, in your search engine you'll find a lot of interesting links and info. They are a farang band playing locally. The classic rock scene is very popular as well as blues. It sure beats Britney Spears and the Backstreet Boy numbers... Best of luck! Now if you were to do this in Pattaya....that is another thread... :o

The Bastards were good, but I heard they split up? The lead singer Nigel(?) went his own way....

Ah hah!

Tomorrow night (saturday) at The Harley Bar, The Bastards first gig with the new guitarist.

Nigels still there, it was Alf the guitarist who went to Phuket. The new guitarist is a well known thai guy who used to play at the Rock Pub. :o