Becoming A Caddy?

Neeranam

When my youngest daughter goes to nursery school, my wife will be looking for a job. She used to have a farang restuaurant in Khon Kaen but the profits were only about 10,000 baht a month for long hours and hassles.

If she got an office job, she'd only get about 200 baht a day and again be away all day. I was thinking of suggesting her to become a caddy, short hours and high tips. She can speak English a bit so could caddy for farang, earning 500 baht++ a day or 30,000 + a month. Does anyone have information as to where to go to qualify as one/get the necessary qualifications.

Thanks in advace

N :o N

When my youngest daughter goes to nursery school, my wife will be looking for a job. She used to have a farang restuaurant in Khon Kaen but the profits were only about 10,000 baht a month for long hours and hassles.

If she got an office job, she'd only get about 200 baht a day and again be away all day. I was thinking of suggesting her to become a caddy, short hours and high tips. She can speak English a bit so could caddy for farang, earning 500 baht++ a day or 30,000 + a month. Does anyone have information as to where to go to qualify as one/get the necessary qualifications.

Thanks in advace

I don't know but if your wife succeeds to get those rates and conditions I know someone also interested,

Thanks in advace

Check around at some of the Country Clubs in your area, she can ask if they need caddies. I know Palm Hills here in Hau Hin every year starts new caddies, trains them for the job, gives them English lessons once or twice a week, in high season they do very well.

For work during the slow season, she should find someone who lives and plays here all year long, and hook up with them as their personal caddie, then she is guaranteed work when others have none.

Edited by Pundi64

Thanks in advace

Sorry, I thought you were joking. It woud be interesting if your lady finds a course that pays caddies a wage, and extreemly lucky if it is not a long commute.

very few caddies earn anything like like that amount and the hours are probably longer than you think. Most caddies are expected to carry out some course maintanance as part of there employment. 500 bt a day would be for the very lucky few , coming from the big tipping tourists who are there for a short part of the year.

Judging by some of the caddies I have had here there are no qualifications.

The going rate is 200 baht paid to the course for the caddie, and a discretionary tip at the end, although there is an unwritten rule that you always tip min 200 baht.

I don't know exactly, but I would guess the course give her something like 50 baht. She will only get one round per day, and somedays will go home without getting a game. She will also be expected to collect a bagful or 2 of weeds on the way around the course. Allowing for days when she is not working, it would more realistically pan out at about 150 baht per day, or 4,500 per month.

I know some of the girls go and work in the local bars in the evenings, so the money can't be that good. If they were earning 30,000 a month they would have queues of applicants stretching down the road.

No Problem -- the wife should able to pull down premium wages. In the USA, particularly in the South, there are stories of golf courses inhabited by ghosts especially dead Civil War soldiers. The ghosts lurk in ponds, bunkers and traps, and the trees that some of the Members cannot help but keep hitting.

Just tell the Caddie Master that your wife is an expert, as are you, in feeling the presence of ghosts, which hole they are haunting today, and which brand of ball is their favorite... she should be greatly in demand with the superstitious Thai golf crowd.

Thanks in advace

N :D N

You must be a sadist :o

Wanting your Mrs to become a caddy?

Its a thankless job, working in the red hot weather, in a lot of cases walking around the course carrying a heavy golf bag around, putting up with all sorts of sh!t, from unwanted advances to club throwing plonkers.

The only caddies making a 'good' living are those at the larger courses who know the course extremely well and have worked there for several years.

Or the more attractive ones who dont know a fade from a draw, but are more than happy to please you in other ways :D