The Lofts On Pratumnak Hill

Just heard and have seen in the press about the height of these two condo's.

27 and 40 stories, what the hel_l are Ramon land doing?

How did they ever get permission to build those sort of heights?

They will be above the Buddha on the hill at that height, is that allowed?

This place has lost the plot, where are all the people going to come from to fill these places?

Don't tell me - Russia!

Good here isn't it?

Just a property developers joke playground and as usual thier customers don't matter, just pile them high and sell sell sell!

Yours totally astonished with what is happening with Pattaya building heights.

Norman

they will continue to build them as long as people continue to buy buy buy...

i have no idea why anyone would buy a posh condo (as opposed something reasonable) anywhere along the pattaya seashore. way overpriced, dirty tiny beaches, polluted water, inadequate utilities, water shortages many years, filthy air most of the year. all that and i live here...but not in a posh seaside condo :o

i live here...but not in a posh seaside condo

Let me see if I have this right. You have plenty of money and instead of living in a posh seaside condo you would rather live in something much less appealing? Is that correct? Sometimes I wonder if the people that write remarks on this site even read what they write. And if they do read what they write, how did it make sense to them to write it in the first place?

Obviously there are a tremendous amount of people that disagree with you since there are condos going up everywhere and somebody is buying them. I have one more question, if you find the place so disagreeable why in the world would you ever live here?

i live here...but not in a posh seaside condo

Let me see if I have this right. You have plenty of money and instead of living in a posh seaside condo you would rather live in something much less appealing?

YES. I DON'T THINK ALL THESE LUXE TOWERS SPROUTING PATTAYA ARE GOOD VALUE. MANY PEOPLE WHO ARE COMFORTABLE MONETARILY GOT THAT WAY BY NOT WASTING MONEY. OBVIOUSLY, OTHERS HAVE DIFFERENT VIEWS ON THE SUBJECT AND IF IT THEY FEEL THEY ARE GETTING GOOD VALUE MORE POWER TO THEM AND THE DEVELOPERS.

I DON'T EXACTLY LIVE IN A SHACK BUT IT IS NOTHING FANCY EITHER. BUT VERY COMFORTABLE FOR B 10K PER MONTH.

I have one more question, if you find the place so disagreeable why in the world would you ever live here?

I NEVER SAID THE PLACE WAS DISAGREEABLE...I WAS JUST POINTING OUT SOME OF THE NEGATIVES OF PATTAYA AND WHY I DON'T THINK IT IS WORTH THE MONEY SOME PEOPLE ARE PAYING TO LIVE HERE. THERE ARE PLUSES TO LIVING HERE AS WELL, THEREFORE, FOR ME (AND WHAT I SPEND TO LIVE HERE) IT IS WORTH IT.

PS: I AM NOT SHOUTING, JUST USING CAPS TO DISTINGUISH OUR RESPECTIVE POSTS.

With respect places look different when you have a high disposable income. You mix in different circles, eat and drink in different places. When you can drop 10,000 Baht on a night out without batting an eyelid, you are likely to have a different view on what you consider to be 'comfortable' accommodation.

Its all a matter of perspective.

• 2 weeks later...

Norman, there is another development by a similar name located near to the tennis courts at the Royal cliff. It is called 'The Lofts Pratumnak' which is not the same as Raimon Land's 'The Lofts Southshore'. The former is from what I can gather, a 6 storey low-rise. When I went past the other day, they were pouring the foundations. I suspect this is a lot cheaper than Lofts Southshore.

There is no 7 or 8 storey rule as such and is not applicable for Raimon Land's project because of the location. Restrictions do apply however at places near the Royal Princess' house on Pratumnak (and differ depending on the distance 50M, 250M and so on) and also distance from the shorelines etc. Elsewhere in Pattaya, some developers favour the 7 storey buildings because they don't have to attain special EIA approvals from Bangkok for this height. They still however have to undergo the regular local planning permission and building permits at city hall etc, which isn't always straightforward either in some cases by some accounts (although take a look at the View Talay 7 thread in the Pattaya Forum and you may beg to differ).

Norman, there is another development by a similar name located near to the tennis courts at the Royal cliff. It is called 'The Lofts Pratumnak' which is not the same as Raimon Land's 'The Lofts Southshore'. The former is from what I can gather, a 6 storey low-rise. When I went past the other day, they were pouring the foundations. I suspect this is a lot cheaper than Lofts Southshore.

There is no 7 or 8 storey rule as such and is not applicable for Raimon Land's project because of the location. Restrictions do apply however at places near the Royal Princess' house on Pratumnak (and differ depending on the distance 50M, 250M and so on) and also distance from the shorelines etc. Elsewhere in Pattaya, some developers favour the 7 storey buildings because they don't have to attain special EIA approvals from Bangkok for this height. They still however have to undergo the regular local planning permission and building permits at city hall etc, which isn't always straightforward either in some cases by some accounts (although take a look at the View Talay 7 thread in the Pattaya Forum and you may beg to differ).

Thanks for that Ungabunga, it will take years to happen IF they can aquire planning permission to spoil the view and skyline of Pattaya. here is the link www.thelofts-southshore.com. it makes for interesting reading.

One question springs to mind, how can such a large development be built which will obviously need massive infurstructure changes ie water, electricity, roads?

Regards

• 1 year later...

Thanks for that Ungabunga, it will take years to happen IF they can aquire planning permission to spoil the view and skyline of Pattaya. here is the link www.thelofts-southshore.com. it makes for interesting reading.

One question springs to mind, how can such a large development be built which will obviously need massive infurstructure changes ie water, electricity, roads?

Regards

:) for as long as you have the money , the big wheels will keep on rolling with or without any municipal rules or bye-laws. the hill will soon turn into a slum in some quarters . can''t imagine the royal family visiting their pattaya resort by air only in the future. surely someone can rescue pattaya's last niche soon? by suspending all non-descript projects popping up all over the hill? imagine a project rising above the royal premises and the security issues involved for the royal family. :D imagine the buddha on the hill being overwhelmed by a huge 40 storeys project. imagine..... :D

Question: its possible to spoil the view and skyline in Pattaya?

Answer: Pattaya

Good here isn't it?

Just a property developers joke playground and as usual thier customers don't matter, just pile them high and sell sell sell!

Yours totally astonished with what is happening with Pattaya building heights.

Norman

Problem is, it is not 'sold sold sold', but booked booked and booked. A game of who are cheating who...