Refilling Inkjet Cartridges

JimGant

I have an HP Desket 3650. I wonder if anyone has any experience in refilling its inkjet cartridges (or, probably any HP cartridges) with refill kits available here in Thailand. I've looked at "MMC" refill kits, but the instructions are a little vague. E.g., it shows two holes each for blue and yellow -- but only one for magenta? Do I refill into both holes for blue and yellow (i.e., are there two chambers)?

Also, what about quality and staying power of MMC (or any other) refill inks? Do they fade rather rapidly.

Any and all advice appreciated. Thanx.

First I thought it is difficult and risky to re-fill compared to the cost difference of original and a re-fill. I was wrong. I did it last time, after one of my friends told me the correct facts.

I have a HP 4 in 1 and the new Black cartridge is around 950Bht range. The HP re-fill kit was around 650Bht range. But the interesting thing was, it has 3 re-fill kits in it. :o All this time, I thought it has only one kit.

Anyway, it is very easy and this is what I did as per the instructions given.

1. Take out the cartridge

2. Fix it to the plastic stand to keep it straight which comes inside the re-fill kit.

3. Paste the sticker exactly on top of the existing sticker. This will point the place where to insert the needle.

4. Fix the needle to one of the tubes.

5. Just insert it and wait 1-2 minutes until it gets empty.

That's it. Not a drop of ink...

One last thing...just fix the Cartridge back.. :D

I have a HP 4 in 1

Kwiz, is that a generic name? If so, what's the brand name?

Thanks.

HP is the Brand Name, 6100 series Office version.. (Print, Fax, Scan, Copy)

It's around 1 yrs old now and I am sure they must be having newer models if you are interested. It's very economical compared to its functionality.

First I thought it is difficult and risky to re-fill compared to the cost difference of original and a re-fill. I was wrong. I did it last time, after one of my friends told me the correct facts.

One last thing...just fix the Cartridge back.. :o

For what its worth: I inquired about refilling cartridges from one of the vendors at IT Mall. He told me the cheap price but to refill as soon as possible after the ink cartridge runs out. Don't wait a few weeks to get them refilled. I am not sure why this is.

One last thing...just fix the Cartridge back.. :o

For what its worth: I inquired about refilling cartridges from one of the vendors at IT Mall. He told me the cheap price but to refill as soon as possible after the ink cartridge runs out. Don't wait a few weeks to get them refilled. I am not sure why this is.

As per the instructions in the re-fill kit it says that the ink is absorb to a special sponge inside the cartridge case and if the ink gets empty and get dry, it won't be able to absorb all ink or sometimes even can get blocked. So it recommend to refill as soon as you get the first warning message.

• 2 weeks later...