Looking For Upto Date Copy Of The Condominium Act

Does anyone have a reliable translation of the Apartment Building Act ( AKA ) Condominium act.

This is the law that outlines who can own a condo and all the other relevant information that goes along with condo ownership in Thailand.

Its about a 17 page ( A4 ) document.

The one I have is dated 1999 and I am sure that there have been some changes since then .

If you have a copy or know where I can get my hands on a reliable English translation , please let me know .

Thanks in advance

I have the 99 amendments but I thought that it would at this stage be all compiled into one newer document. I guess that this is how it is.

take a look at the link in my prior post (it appears that the 1991 and 1999 amendments have already been integrated/compiled/annotated? into the original 1979 law, with identifying footnotes).....

Sorry Raptor it dosnt.

I have a copy of it from my lawyers in Bangkok.

If you see any documents where the first section reads like this , then that is the updated one.

Section 1 has been changed to ' This Act shall be called " Apartnebt Building Act ( No 3 ) BE 2542 ( 1999 )

Thanks for the help.

engineer,

You didn't click on the link in the upper right hand corner of the web page Raptor7 provided. Also remember that this is a translation and as a translation the exact wording you provided may be different.

This link is what I am referring to.

I too looked at this and came up with the original act link

http://www.samuiforsale.com/Condominium_Act_BE2522.htm

But I don't think this link for the amendments was given in this tread?

http://www.dol.go.th/low_ministry/commandm...do_no3_2542.htm

Is this what you are looking for? As far as I could tell there is no up-to-date single document, you have to refer to both of the above, and one isn't even issued by the Thai government!

Edited by pkrv

this appears to be the 1979 act (with insertions for '91 and '99)....not sure if its totally complete or an accurate translation..does anyone know if there are amendments after '99?

http://www.samuiforsale.com/Condominium_Act_BE2522.htm

engineer, sorry, but I believe you are incorrect.....the 1999 amendments are already integrated into that document....

please carefully review the document in the link I previously provided above....the 1999 amendments have already been integrated into that 1979 document.....please see, for example section 19 (5) which incorporates the changes noted in the 1999 amendments (with an identifying footnote cross-referring to the 1999 amendments)....

P.S. btw, I believe the accepted English translation is "condominium" not "apartment" (which connotes a different kind of property)....

Edited by Raptor7