3 Days After Sv Submission And The Vfs Has The Result

Ok, so I'm off to BKK tomorrow to collect her passport, having been informed that they have a result after just 3 days. Am I right in thinking that a short decision like this, and no further questions with a pretty strong case is a positive sign?

This business is soooooo stressfull.......

Hi wannarepat.

Ours took 3 days flat, we submitted it on a monday, the passport was ready on the thursday.

My wife couldnt get there on the thursday, so she went on the friday ( last week ) opened up the packet and we got the news we had hoped for.

She is next to me now in cold, rainy England, but to tell you the truth, she absolutely loves it here, never once moaned about the cold, and she is hooked on jeremy kyle.

Good luck matey.

Scotty and the enemy :o

Same as us then...Monday submission...ready by Thursday...I have to collect it for the wife as she's working but we can't stand the thought of another weekend of this hanging over our head.

Reading about your legendary overdraft is comforting since we have about 30k quid between us to show. We've got our own flat. Also my wife's got a UK Masters (I think I'm boring everyone to death with this one, but I think it's a major factor), and I've got an online income showing that I made 8k quid in the last year. Also we've been married 6 years and have a British daughter.

...the only thing that we don't have are day jobs in the UK, but with our quals and experience, and our clippings of job ads we're going to apply for we hope this will be sufficient.

I half wish that the embassy had phoned my wife up to ask her some questions, as at least they would have a chance to speak to her and know she's for real, but perhaps the quality of our docs proved that without it being neccessary.

Did you get that schizo feeling of...we've got it!...but oh not what if this what if that.....it's driving me nuts...I know exactly where you are coming from in your earlier posts where you say you were bricking it.

Yes I got that feeling mate, I was always thinking what and how i would feel if we got it, but in the back of my mind, i was always thinking how i would feel if we didnt get it.

Like scouse says, its either an easy refusal, or an easy decision.

Im thinking easy easy easy my friend.

Like i said before, i was £740 overdrawn at the time of submitting ( so so sorry moss :o ) with no savings, and in my opinion, they had an aesy decision.

They called my wife on the wednesday, on my mrs passport, the stamp says visa issued 9/01/08, so that meens they made the decision after 2 days.

Good luck matey

P.S. Did you use an agent, or make it yourself??

Did it ourselves...the other thing that worries me was that living together for 6 years we had little record of contact...it's not like we email each other at home. All we had to submit were about 30-40 pics dating from 2001-Present, some utility bills sent to the same Thailand address, and anniversary/xmas cards addressed to us both....it's not what was listed as evidence, but we were improvising as it seems most applications don't exactly fit the "longterm couple living in Thailand and moving back together" scenario.

Edited by wannarepat