Sauna In Khon Kaen?

micksterbs

Hello everyone!

Well, I have to come clean immediately and say that I'm not gay and just want some info actually. I posted a request for any sauna in Khon Kaen on the Isaan board but just got a couple of flippant replies. I asked some mates nearby and one said that he knew of a sauna in KK but that he was pretty certain it was gay. Now, my questions are these:

1. Does anyone know of such a place?

2. If it is gay, does that preclude a straight guy from visiting? I mean, I'm sure you're all friendly and, after all, it's a business at the end of the day.

Thanks for any help. :o

Ok Pauln, thanks for that. If you think I'd feel out of place, then I'll give it a miss. I'm completely open-minded and not a bit homophobic but I go to the sauna to relax and if you think I'd be uncomfortable then I'll heed your words.

Thanks. :o

I go to the sauna to relax and if you think I'd be uncomfortable then I'll heed your words.

Don't be so sensitive! I think he meant the sauna is not very clean. Beach Sauna is in Thanon Sritaduprasun and the telephone is 0443340901.

Enjoy!

Approx 6ths ago I posted quite a lot about this on here. Do a search on here, or look at the sticky about gay places.

The Beach is quite far out of KK, you will need a car or a taxi. There used to be a webpage with an inaccurate map on it.

There was/is another one called the Dolphin which is central. I never found it, but was later assured on here that it was still going.

This is a strange thread--the guy is 'not gay'. Is he on the reserves? Bi? A voyeur? You sometimes get odd postings like this...straights needing to flirt with 'danger' or get some kind of vicarious thrill, conversing with those gay folks in order to reassure themselves that it 'may be alright, only just' to be gay. Us 'real' gay people do not give a hoot what he thinks or where he puts his weener. We have enough in our own busy lives to be getting on with.

????

Approx 6ths ago I posted quite a lot about this on here. Do a search on here, or look at the sticky about gay places.

The Beach is quite far out of KK, you will need a car or a taxi. There used to be a webpage with an inaccurate map on it.

There was/is another one called the Dolphin which is central. I never found it, but was later assured on here that it was still going.

This is a strange thread--the guy is 'not gay'. Is he on the reserves? Bi? A voyeur? You sometimes get odd postings like this...straights needing to flirt with 'danger' or get some kind of vicarious thrill, conversing with those gay folks in order to reassure themselves that it 'may be alright, only just' to be gay. Us 'real' gay people do not give a hoot what he thinks or where he puts his weener. We have enough in our own busy lives to be getting on with.

????

What a strange response. :o I'm not asking you to "give a hoot where he puts his weener". That's not really my objective. I think pauln understood the question perfectly and responded with kindness and consideration. When he says that I might feel uncomfortable, perhaps he thought that I might encounter someone like you. If that was what he was thinking, then he was right.

Anyway, I've since found a sauna in the centre of KK that caters for all so that's where I'll be going.

Fine. Feeling mutual.

Look, gay saunas are all about sex. All-male saunas are all about sex (except where they are part of a straight gym...and then sometimes) I have been using them around the world for over 35yrs. In all of those places, guys who are gay or have bi leanings go to check out other guys, look at their bodies, touch, play, have some kind of physical contact and maybe form romantic or sexual relationships, or at least start them. My current partner I met in a sauna some years ago.

People like you are sometimes known as bi-curious, and that's fine. Not even bi, just curious, but may do something about it later......

Look at it this way. If you are a pretty girl, and you decide for some reason to attend a sex-party, then you need to know that guys or girls are going to come on to you. If you go to a men's sauna, it is not to relax with tea and scones. When in Rome....

I know of two other saunas in central KK. One is gay (ok, married gay taxi drivers, undecided university students, bi-guys and all sorts go there...but it is about men wanting men). The other is gay---but the boys who work there charge money for sexual massage. In the Kola hotel there is a male sauna in the gym too--not gay but I have had gay sex there. If there is a mixed male-female sauna 'where all can go' in KK, then I have yet to hear about it. I am sure you don't find such in Thailand if they are not spas or massage places. In Scandinavia you find many family or neighbourhood saunas where whole families strip off--completely non-sexual, but not here.

I do not advise going to gay saunas//men's saunas//non-spa - therapeutic saunas//etc unless you are gay, bi or curious (and lacking inhibitions). I know of saunas where you will be very uncomfortable, as guys will come on to you AND may be aggressive/demand that you leave should you admit that you are not gay, or if you appear blatantly not-gay.

In the hypothetical case that 5, 10 or 20 non-gay non-bi men go to a gay sauna/men's sauna...then that sauna would soon be out of business. It ceases, ipso facto, to be a gay sauna.

Personally, I do not want to see you in a gay/men's/similar sauna if you are not gay, bi, or curious. It makes no sense, sounds like voyeurism or prurience, and leaves us uncomfortable too. If you are not gay or bi, then join a normal gym which has a sauna, or go to a health spa which has a sauna.

Fortunately, in my long experience, nobody goes to a gay/men's/all-comers sauna to admire the wallpaper. ALL of them go (married men included) to look at men, touch men, pay men for sex, relax with other gay men, flirt or whatever. My brother, a policeman with 2 kids, 110% hetero, would no more consider wishing to 'relax' in a men's sauna than cut his own balls off. He's not anti-gay, but just can't fathom it at all.

Which brings me back to my point. If you are a 'dabbler', then fine. I have no axe to grind with you. If you are 100% hetero, then I don't see the point...and you would make yourself and others feel uncomfortable.

Good luck.

Hello everyone!

Well, I have to come clean immediately and say that I'm not gay and just want some info actually. I posted a request for any sauna in Khon Kaen on the Isaan board but just got a couple of flippant replies. I asked some mates nearby and one said that he knew of a sauna in KK but that he was pretty certain it was gay. Now, my questions are these:

1. Does anyone know of such a place?

2. If it is gay, does that preclude a straight guy from visiting? I mean, I'm sure you're all friendly and, after all, it's a business at the end of the day.

Thanks for any help. :o

The Beach and Dolphin are still operating ... and if you are really "Straight" then simply .. no they aren't places for you. Gay saunas are basically sex clubs for consenting adults.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...