Library In Pattaya/jomtien?

SARAHJ101

Does anyone know if there is a library in or around Pattaya that Farangs can join? If so do they have a reasonable selection of english written books? I'm finding it very expensive buying a new book each week!

Any info appreciated :o

North Star Library Sukhumvit Road.

he North Star Library - Books, VCR Movies, Childrens programs and more

education.gifAnonymous writes "The NORTH STAR LIBRARY was established as a library for foreigner's and Thai's. It has books covering all kinds of subjects, and in many languages. It is for you.

The library is located on Sukhumvit Road, between Pattaya Central Road and North Pattaya Road, on the Pattaya Bay side of the road - look for the sign "North Star Library", next to the Redemptorist Center, and opposite the Index Furniture store. Please call them for information and directions at 038-716-755.

It is open at the following times:

Mondays - 12.00–20.00,

Thursdays - 12.00-16.00

Fridays - 12.00-16.00,

Saturdays - 12.00-20.00

Sundays - 10.00-14.00.

There is also a library in Soi Yodsak that some of my aquaintances visit regularly. It must have some good stock! :D

The Pattaya City Expats Club has a free bookswop at every meeting. Sunday 10.30am Henry J Beans on Beach Road near Soi 1 and in Amari site.

Does anyone know if there is a library in or around Pattaya that Farangs can join? If so do they have a reasonable selection of english written books? I'm finding it very expensive buying a new book each week!

Any info appreciated :o

North Star Library Sukhumvit Road.

he North Star Library - Books, VCR Movies, Childrens programs and more

education.gifAnonymous writes "The NORTH STAR LIBRARY was established as a library for foreigner's and Thai's. It has books covering all kinds of subjects, and in many languages. It is for you.

The library is located on Sukhumvit Road, between Pattaya Central Road and North Pattaya Road, on the Pattaya Bay side of the road - look for the sign "North Star Library", next to the Redemptorist Center, and opposite the Index Furniture store. Please call them for information and directions at 038-716-755.

It is open at the following times:

Mondays - 12.00–20.00,

Thursdays - 12.00-16.00

Fridays - 12.00-16.00,

Saturdays - 12.00-20.00

Sundays - 10.00-14.00.

There is also a library in Soi Yodsak that some of my aquaintances visit regularly. It must have some good stock! :D

The Pattaya City Expats Club has a free bookswop at every meeting. Sunday 10.30am Henry J Beans on Beach Road near Soi 1 and in Amari site.

Excellent, thanks for the info beginner! :D

Library in Soi 6 believe or not. :o

Haha, I'm not sure if SarahJ would appreciate that 'library' as much as the rest of us.

Canterbury Tales in soi Chaiyaphum has a big 2'nd hand book store, take back the one you've finished and get a discount off the next. Most under 100 baht with trade in, from memory.

I know the landlord keeps trying to Spam on here, but he's definitely not my Dad and I would recommend it.

I always though it was a joke but there is actually a library in Soi 6. It's on the right side as you go towards the beach, about 100 mtr down. Gray building, only Thai signs (no signs in English).

I agree Phil. What's with all this sniggering, nudging and winking when people mention Soi 6? There's buggerall down there except the library.

I always though it was a joke but there is actually a library in Soi 6. It's on the right side as you go towards the beach, about 100 mtr down. Gray building, only Thai signs (no signs in English).

How, exactly, does one get 100 mtr down soi 6 from 2nd road?