Slide Car/drift Car In Cm

Flatouthruthefog

Did anyone battle the hordes to be bored by this 'event' in the car park of Airport Shopping Plaza on Saturday evening?

With zero advance publicity in English (there must have been a little in Thai) I only turned up thanks to a tip off from a fellow farang who had seen rorty-sporty cars from Bkk in his hotel car park.

And i only turned up because this oversteering-powerslide-in-a-car-park stuff is apparently a fad in Japan and Germany. And I'd seen a bit on TV and heard it took place in Bkk.

Well, if flameproof clad heroes blasting through 3 (yes, max, 3 I promise you) bends, then jamming on the brakes because it's not a full circuit, constitutes motor sport, I for one am off to take up knitting.

Slide car snide car! Our drag racing at 700 Year Sports Stadium may not go round corners but at least it is technically more interesting and sometimes just as spectacular.

Full list of REAL 2008 motorsport events in the north will hopefully be Pinned in the next week or so. This Mickey Mouse stuff may not make the cut, however.

Drifting is equal to pit racing in my opinion. Right in there with Freestyle motocross...

There is allot of REAL racing out there. Most of the time the sports/Fads that catch on quickly are the easiest and the cheapest to look like you know what your doing. Or to impress the girlfriend.

I always get a laugh when someone comes up to me and says "I used to race,but crashed too much". I think that they shouldn't have been racing in the first place. It's got to hurt when you run out of talent or better yet, never had any.

Now that I think of it I guess it's good they stick to those sports.

Last year at the Baja 1000 I hit a XR rider from Canada that said it was his dream to ride the 1000. He was just there to ride it! Not race it!. He went home with a trophy, a nice leg cast. Could of been allot worse, Guess he just ran out of talent...

Sorry for the rant.