Farm Cost Increases

ozzydom

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary A. For 20.00 us it looks like it would be a good investment for small farming operations like mine (30 rai) We raise about 8 to 10 rai of rice and I could check two different plots of land to determine which would be the most economical to fertilize and what type of fertilizer. Next problem, finding what you need for best results and price. With most of Thailands fertilizer coming from China and their recent tax increase it is going to make everyone take a close look at all costs. It may be that we have to start using beans, alfalfa, etc to build soil up and go back to rotateing and using any thing we can get our hands on, manure, ash, etc. You would think Thailand would build plants to use offshre gas for fertilizer production, but who knows how the Thai-Chinese are involved in the this supply, market, transport, tax, etc, maybe its best not to ask that type of question.

Gary A. For 20.00 us it looks like it would be a good investment for small farming operations like mine (30 rai) We raise about 8 to 10 rai of rice and I could check two different plots of land to determine which would be the most economical to fertilize and what type of fertilizer. Next problem, finding what you need for best results and price. With most of Thailands fertilizer coming from China and their recent tax increase it is going to make everyone take a close look at all costs. It may be that we have to start using beans, alfalfa, etc to build soil up and go back to rotateing and using any thing we can get our hands on, manure, ash, etc. You would think Thailand would build plants to use offshre gas for fertilizer production, but who knows how the Thai-Chinese are involved in the this supply, market, transport, tax, etc, maybe its best not to ask that type of question.

The old catchcry was "Beware the Sleeping Dragon" ,I think he is well and truly awake now.

One issue with the Thai gas supply is it has a very low methane level and as there was not liquification plant last time I looked to remove most other gases, the gas has low heat value. Anyone who has been here a while will remember the abject failure of the first NG buses and the cross legal actions by the Thai government and the two manufacturers (Man and Mercedes Benz).

I dont think fertiliser production is viable yet. When LNG is produced here not just CNG that may change.

I've been told that the Thai press (Thai Rhat, right spelling ???) announced today that fertilizer manufacturers were asking for between 50 to 500 % price increase and that the gorvernment were considering granting "only" 50 to 200% increase. Do people with a better understanding of written Thai can confirm this information?