Degradation On Australianetwork Tv

zzSleepyJohn

Has anyone watching Australia Network on Intelsat 8 (previously known as PAS 8) noticed any degradation in the signal in the last few days?

Even though I'm only on an old 6ft dish, I've had a good signal from them on it for many years, but last weekend my picture started breaking up.

This is on Intelsat 8 (166degE) 3829H transponder at s/r 13238.

Strangely last weekend, my lock on this transponder dropped from its normal ~70% region down into the ~55% region, while other transponders on the same satellite, for example BBC on 3940H, NHK on 4060H, and Knowledge Chan on 3880V are all still normal and solidly locked.

I've checked my cabling, changed my decoder box, and tried substituting a different LNB, but the result remains stubbornly the same bad lock, so I'm starting to run out of ideas.

I suppose other possibilities are that an interfering signal has started up on a sidelobe, or that the signal from the bird itself is low.

But before I risk making a fool of myself by asking Australianetwork to verify that their signal looks OK on the bird, feedback on any recent local viewing of it would be very welcome.

+ SJ

Hmmm... 5 days and no-one's responded to my OP at all. There don't seem to be any postings about satellite issues on this particular forum at all in recent days. Wonder why not?

I'm just asking if anyone watching Australianetwork on Intelsat8 has noticed any degradation in the signal in the last week or so. Any report would be helpful!

Sorry to be repeating. Hope Mods don't class this as spam!!

---------

Has anyone watching Australia Network on Intelsat 8 (previously known as PAS 8) noticed any degradation in the signal in the last few days?

Even though I'm only on an old 6ft dish, I've had a good signal from them on it for many years, but last weekend my picture started breaking up.

This is on Intelsat 8 (166degE) 3829H transponder at s/r 13238.

Strangely last weekend, my lock on this transponder dropped from its normal ~70% region down into the ~55% region, while other transponders on the same satellite, for example BBC on 3940H, NHK on 4060H, and Knowledge Chan on 3880V are all still normal and solidly locked.

I've checked my cabling, changed my decoder box, and tried substituting a different LNB, but the result remains stubbornly the same bad lock, so I'm starting to run out of ideas.

I suppose other possibilities are that an interfering signal has started up on a sidelobe, or that the signal from the bird itself is low.

But before I risk making a fool of myself by asking Australianetwork to verify that their signal looks OK on the bird, feedback on any recent local viewing of it would be very welcome.

+ SJ

OK I'll buy in:- No problems for me, monitoring on a PSI system. 2 transponder signals available - 3829Mhz sr13238 and sr13240. Signal strength basically unchanged in the 3 years I' ve had it.

A friend had problems with PAS8 earlier in the year due to trees as the dish is so low to the horizon here in the North East as with you over there. Had em pruned for a big improvement.

Edited by bdenner