Bus Transport From Suvarnabhumi Airport To Kanchanaburi

Emmie

Please help! Does anyone here know if there's a bus service operating direct from Suvarnabhumi

Airport to Kanchanaburi and what the rates and schedules are? There used to be one in the old Dom Muang Airport, I think.

I'll be doing one month's volunteer service at the Tiger Temple in Kanchanaburi, from February 2-March 2 this year. My problem is that I'll be arriving in Bangkok at the wee hours - 1:30 AM Feb 2. (That's the only available schedule of the plane I'm taking from Manila.) Worse, I have a heavy backpack and a low budget.

Thanks so much in advance! :-)

take taxi to khaosan rd and find a guest house here.

fast minibuses leave from suan lunag outside the hotel or go by bus 516 from ratchadamnoen avenue to the southern bus therminal (sai thai) in taling chan. Go to the new terminal, further down the road some 5km - you will have services here from the new as well from the old bus terminal.

services start from around 6am

There are public buses running from the airport 24 hours a day. They cost 35 baht each. Check the attached link for the routes:

http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/56

You do need to catch a shuttle on the 4th floor(the floor above the arrival area) to get to the transport center, where all the public buses are located. Although the buses run 24 hours, you might want to wait at the airport until a more reasonable hour in case you get lost (for safety reasons). Then you can board the bus to the Southern Bus Terminal(#556), which has buses that "reportedly" leave during the early morning for Kanchanaburi (pronounced Ganchanaburi). Takes 2-3 hours. Make sure you exchange money at the terminal before you leave and be prepared for a lot of chaos at the Southern Bus Terminal (since few will speak English). See the attached link for more about getting to and about Kanchanaburi.

http://www.kanchanaburi-info.com/en/goKan.html

Edited by mauiguy90

Bus # 556 from Suvarnabhumi to Southern Bus Terminal has been replaced by a van (also bearing number 556) which costs 60 baht. At the airport bus terminal, look at the end of the line of buses. Unfortunately the van goes only once an hour, but also - as vans do - waits until it has a full load, and doesn't have much room for luggage.