Uk Tourist Visa

Hi Andyadam,

It is possible to get a tourist visa on the same day as the application is made. It will just depend upon your g/f's circumstances in Thailand. The embassy divides visit applications in to 3 different categories which are:-

Tier 1 - no interview necessary. All required proof has been provided and the visa officer has no qualms about the applicant. Perhaps the applicant has previously visited the UK and abided by their permission to stay. An application assessed at this level will be issued the same day;

Tier 2 - the visa officer is generally happy but wants to see further documents or needs a brief interview with the applicant. The applicant will be given a date to return for the brief interview within a week or so.

Tier 3 - a full interview is deemed necessary. Current waiting times between lodging the application and the interview are about 6-7 weeks.

Scouse.

• 3 weeks later...

My girlfriend went to the British embassy asking for a 2 week visa, with a letter from me, nicely typed explaining I'd support her fully while in the UK, and a letter from her boss saying he'd give her 2 weeks off, plus a few photos of us together.

They asked her to come back the next day with copies of our email correspondence, which she did, and to my amazement she was given a visa there and then.

They gave her a 6 month multi entry, but said "you mustn't stay more than 15 dyas or there will be trouble". (Mind you, how would they know - she's got the visa and she wouldn't have been breaking the law!!! - anyway, she stayed 14 days).

I'm guessing the most helpful factor was, she only wanted 2 weeks.