Flickering Monitor And Command Comm Error Messages

Sheryl

Using Windows XP version 5.1 on a new Lenovo 3000 N100. A day or two after getting hooked up on the network connection at the hotel I'm staying in (business trip) my screen started to flicker, the cursor also. Virus scans (with up to date virsu definitions) showed nothing.

then I began to get the following error message:

"Comcom Error!

Command Complex Library Error"

This message would come repeatedly with as many as 20 separate windows all showing the same thing, would reappear as fast as I could exit them. Happened while using a variety of apps inc Word, Excel, Outlook Express. Again, virus scans showed nothing.

Then did a web search of that error message, found mentions of it as far back as 2004 with indications that it had something to do with printers/printer drivers and could be solved by deleting and reinstalling printers. I had not done anything new printer-wise (or even printed) for weeks before the problem started, but went ahead and deleted all printers anyhow.

Since doing that, no more of the error message but screen still flickering like mad. Plus, I am concerned that the printer driver problem -- of that's what it was -- may have been caused by a virus or worm altho if so, my antivirus program (Symantec) doesn't detect it.

Any insights????

Thanx!

Using Windows XP version 5.1 on a new Lenovo 3000 N100. A day or two after getting hooked up on the network connection at the hotel I'm staying in (business trip) my screen started to flicker, the cursor also. Virus scans (with up to date virsu definitions) showed nothing.

then I began to get the following error message:

"Comcom Error!

Command Complex Library Error"

This message would come repeatedly with as many as 20 separate windows all showing the same thing, would reappear as fast as I could exit them. Happened while using a variety of apps inc Word, Excel, Outlook Express. Again, virus scans showed nothing.

Then did a web search of that error message, found mentions of it as far back as 2004 with indications that it had something to do with printers/printer drivers and could be solved by deleting and reinstalling printers. I had not done anything new printer-wise (or even printed) for weeks before the problem started, but went ahead and deleted all printers anyhow.

Since doing that, no more of the error message but screen still flickering like mad. Plus, I am concerned that the printer driver problem -- of that's what it was -- may have been caused by a virus or worm altho if so, my antivirus program (Symantec) doesn't detect it.

Any insights????

Thanx!

If your Laptop is quite new I would go to the Lenovo/IBM Service Center.

But one of my customer had a similar problem because of Monitor flickering, and that was the power supply. Changed to an other PS and all was ok. I realized to first that the light for battery charging was going on and of in intervalls and therefore the laptop was switching to power saving mode which was forcing the flickering.

May you check that as well.

Cheers.