Bangkok - Pattaya Hospital

wineaux

My wife is due to give birth next month and has opted for a c section. We started discussing the delivery with the Dr recently and my wife said she wanted me present. The Dr said that I am not allowed in the delivery room / operating theatre as its quite small and if there was a complication I might delay there reaction time and/or get in the way. She said it was standard hospital policy.

I haven't pressured them yet but plan to on our next check up. Just wondered if anyone else had a different experience.

We are paying 40k for a c section birth package.

hmm... i would defo pressure them or if you really wanna be there mybe checkout other plces..iv had a few mates who have had baby's and all of them who have wanted to have been their when it's been delivered...

My miisus is about 4months off that problem but ill be sure to ask when the time comes..thanks

Well at the International I was in the delivery room for her caesarian and I was at the top end where the anaesthetist was. All the action was down the other end and there was way enough room to have me swept into the corner has they needed to.

Before you signed up for a package you should have been shown the delivery room / theatre so you should be able to make up your own mind.

Personally I think they are just giving you a load of crap.

Also, realy look at what you have signed up for. I cannot remember a package at 40k. Specifically look out for extra charges for the baby (nursing, feed, cot etc.) and the doctor charges along with epidurals / general anaesthetic etc.

My wife had a c section at bangkok pattaya. I'm not sure if she signed up for a package but the price they originally told her was 35,000 baht. When th baby was born they said his lungs were not fully developed and he spent 3 days in the incubator. This brought the total price to 100,000 baht. How much oxygen can a new born baby breathe ??. Rather extortianate i think.

We've decided to change hospitals.

My wife just spoke with the Phyathai 2 Hospital in Bangkok and the Dr said I could be in the operating theatre no problem. The c section package is 51k, 4 days, 3 nights all inclusive.

Just over 2 weeks to go...

We've decided to change hospitals.

My wife just spoke with the Phyathai 2 Hospital in Bangkok and the Dr said I could be in the operating theatre no problem. The c section package is 51k, 4 days, 3 nights all inclusive.

Just over 2 weeks to go...

Congratulations and hopefully everything goes well.

Don't know about Bangkok but Phyathai Sri Racha is excellent, so I think you've made a wise choice.

Good luck

onzestan

My son was born in Bangkok-Pattaya hospital (Pattaya) Dec 2003 and I was in the operating room.

Total was around 55k

Found out later she could have gone to a local hospital for much MUCH less.

There were a few complications which pushed the price higher, the main was we found my wife was allergic to penicillin as she'd never had it before.

Our second (2 of 2) was born in Box Hill public hospital in Melbourne.

It cost us $0 and my wife was still only a Temporary Resident at the time.

The important part about the second birth was how fast she recovered compared to the original operation.

It was like a totally different procedure had been done compared to how sick and sore she was in Pattaya and 6 hours after the operation here, she asked for the catheter to be removed and she hopped out of bed and walked (gingerly, but stable) to the toilet, and promptly stood up and walked back when she was done.

We were aware of the Penicillin issue the second time which would have assisted in the recovery, but there was far more difference in her post-op condition than that.

When she was opened for the second C-Section, they actually cut right down the middle of the scar from the first C-Section. Once healed, there is absolutely no evidene of 2 cuts there; only the first is visible.

That's my story, now I am going to sleep; it's 2AM.

Edited by RJJ