Sad Old People

rimbung

There seems to be a lot of what we in the UK call sad old gits on this foum. They moan and groan about pensions,food,girlfriends, life up country or for some of the even sadder ones (here in Khon Kaen where I live) dogs bikes and bus's.

I'll put my hat on the table. Middle aged ,56 year old expat with a 36 year old luk krung wife(50/50 Thai american stunner).

Been married 9 years and life is like I won the lottery. Been here for a decade. In the old days I'd be hard pushed to see a Farang...now they are wall to wall downtown. The pension goes a long way in Issan!.

I have spent most of my life as a journalist but I am now retired. However I get at least two or three calls a week from UK and US newspapers asking for a feature on the 'Sad old guys with the young wives or girlfriends' story

One old geezer here in KK (american) seems to wallow in his misery. If he ain't complaining about buying a lock for his bike it is the bus to another local city that ripped him off for 80 baht. The latest moan from Rex is that he paid 1200baht for a series of shots and treatment down the local private hospital after a "rabid dog" bit him. In the USA he'd be talking thousands of dollars :o

The Khon Kaen Ram hospital has to be one of the best deals on the planet.

Can I just suggest if you don't like the country then p**s of back home.

Or just shut the F**** up.

Most of us are happy here and those who don't like it can take a trip back to reality.

What winds me up the most is that this was a nice place before the moaners and groaners got here.

And for you visa whingers, get a wife or get a life :D

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh right.

Its half past one in the morning in Issan, you're married to a stunner and you are here on the internet telling the rest of us what is and is not an acceptable opinion in your minute little book of what matters in the world.

Have another Chang, get real and get lightened up.

I couldnt agree more, every bank, hotel , airport, I go to I always seem to get some whinger in front or next to me, and it's not just 'sad old men ', european women seem to be the worst offenders, when I am in Isaan ,I realise I am not in a 5 star hotel on the Costa Brava, but It's still a great place, so sit back pour yourself a beer and enjoy it!!!!!!!!

Yeh right.

Its half past one in the morning in Issan, you're married to a stunner and you are here on the internet telling the rest of us what is and is not an acceptable opinion in your minute little book of what matters in the world.

Have another Chang, get real and get lightened up.

I'm working....what are you doing here at this time. Have I hit a nerve?

From your age you're very near to that what you named ""sad old gits""! and your post sounds you pass that broder already.

I would strongly suggest that you use a more polite "sound" in the furture!

Cheers!

From your age you're very near to that what you named ""sad old gits""! and your post sounds you pass that broder already.

I would strongly suggest that you use a more polite "sound" in the furture!

Cheers!

I'm not near Reimar... I am a sad old git. And I can tell you I'd be a lotter sadder back in the UK with some old 56 year old bird of my age.

What I don't like are the moaners who come here to a little slice of heaven and still complain. Read my post in full.

I have spent most of my life as a journalist but I am now retired.
I'm working....what are you doing here at this time. Have I hit a nerve?

Old and senile perhaps.

What am I doing here at this time..... I'm not, I'm in a different time zone ..... Doh!

There seems to be a lot of what we in the UK call sad old gits on this foum. They moan and groan about pensions,food,girlfriends, life up country or for some of the even sadder ones (here in Khon Kaen where I live) dogs bikes and bus's.

I'll put my hat on the table. Middle aged ,56 year old expat with a 36 year old luk krung wife(50/50 Thai american stunner).

Been married 9 years and life is like I won the lottery. Been here for a decade. In the old days I'd be hard pushed to see a Farang...now they are wall to wall downtown. The pension goes a long way in Issan!.

I have spent most of my life as a journalist but I am now retired. However I get at least two or three calls a week from UK and US newspapers asking for a feature on the 'Sad old guys with the young wives or girlfriends' story

One old geezer here in KK (american) seems to wallow in his misery. If he ain't complaining about buying a lock for his bike it is the bus to another local city that ripped him off for 80 baht. The latest moan from Rex is that he paid 1200baht for a series of shots and treatment down the local private hospital after a "rabid dog" bit him. In the USA he'd be talking thousands of dollars :o

Most of us are happy here and those who don't like it can take a trip back to reality.

What winds me up the most is that this was a nice place before the moaners and groaners got here.

Change your phone number, or not give it to gutter press people in the first place. Suggests not completely retired if you have given your tel. no to them, or you are just looking to make a quick buck from other peoples misery. Ooops, silly me, that's what a lot of jounalists do anyway. Most countries are full off sad old people who are grieving the loss of what to them seemed to be the good old days. Hope someone is ready to report your sad old times when it happens!

In aged hindsight, but a second, in youthful foresight, an enternity, it falsely seems? :o

PG_41E_-__Man_-_showing_progressive_aging.jpg

Youth is a wonderful thing. What a crime to waste it on children. ~George Bernard Shaw

There is no pleasure worth forgoing just for an extra three years in the geriatric ward. ~John Mortimer

Old age isn't so bad when you consider the alternative. ~Maurice Chevalier, New York Times, 9 October 1960

Actually now I understand why there are so many people who complain so much about silly things, most of the farangs in Thailand are elderly

Well, at least on this forum. Im a member of many diffrent thailand-messageboards and this is the one I go to if I want some good ol' complaning.... or just want some good information about a certian area (cant deny there are alot of wise men here, even tho they are old) :o

Age is a state of mind - I think the calendar lies!!

I was born in 1951 and yet I see many, many people who seem older than me.

You can be 40 and act old, you can be 70 years young!

I am lucky to be healthy and still do lots of exercise.

I work with people 25 to 30 years younger and that keeps my mind active.

Thus, to characterise a particular number of years as old, middle-aged or whatever is to make gross generalisations

Come on guys, life span is getting longer so old is getting older. I think most people consider someone old if they are 20 years older than themself. I think in the 90's is starting to get old. Besides being old can be fun it dosen't have to be miserable. Enjoy life and look at all the good things around you. :o:D

I take my hat off to the old boys in Thailand running around with a girl half their age, they are having the time of their life, and whats wrong with having a whinge every now and then it gives the predictable Aussies something to extract the Michael out of us English about.

I hope to do the same in 40 years time so i can do the same.

Did this guy just want to moan and groan about nothing. Must of been waitiing for the wife to get

in from the time of the post. Whats wrong don't like to go to bed alone!

As his wife is so hot and as he is now old, it more the case that he will be going to bed with his wife after someone else has.

Edited by howtoescape

One old geezer here in KK (american) seems to wallow in his misery. If he ain't complaining about buying a lock for his bike it is the bus to another local city that ripped him off for 80 baht. The latest moan from Rex is that he paid 1200baht for a series of shots and treatment down the local private hospital after a "rabid dog" bit him. In the USA he'd be talking thousands of dollars :D

In the old days in isaan a decade ago :D you are definitely joking!! there have been brits and their families living in the area around KK for over 40 years, we were at a funeral in KK of a british army mate in 1982 there were over 60 resident expats at there, we dont live near KK , but we have a house that we have been allowed lease since the late 60,s,where we try to spend at least 4 months every year, maybe the expats in your area are avoiding you :D Suggest you remove your head from up Arse, creatures like you give journalists an even worse reputation :o Nignoy

Seems like the newspapers know who is the fount of all knowledge when it comes to whinging. Or, more likely, it is all just wishfull thinking. 56yo hotshot journo, in his own mind, washed up in a backwater of life staring down the neck of a Chang bottle with nothing to do but post a very poorly written piece on an anonymous internet forum.

There is always something strangely perverse about a person whinging about other people whinging. At least the whingers are whinging about something soild, concrete even, like being ripped off or stray dogs. But the other is just whinging for the sake of it even though, he claims, he has the world's press clamouring for his latest piece on his favourite subject.

Maybe it just wasn't his turn with his "wife" last night.

I don't understand this too-common intolerant attitude on TV, thinking your fellow-expats' problems will be solved, by their leaving home for their natal lands, or relocating to some other neighbouring country.

Rather than telling these perceived 'old farts' or 'grumpy old men' to leave Thailand, might I profer an alternative, simply tell them to cheer up ! :D

Any day you wake up is a great one, the sun is shining (or soon will be), Chang-Draught is cheap, your wife/GF will smile back if you smile at her, the 2nd-hand bookstores are full of new books to enjoy, there are plenty of things to laugh at (or people to wind up) on TV, it's a wonderful life ! All they need is a simple reminder of these facts - tell them so, after they've bought you a beer ! :o

For the life of me I can see no differance between others and yourself!! All you have done is moan and groan!!!!Maybe you should think of returning from where you are from.......

Middle aged ,56 year old expat with a 36 year old luk krung wife(50/50 Thai american stunner).

Since when was 56 middle-aged? You're old.

I tend to classify 'old' as twenty years older than me and 'middle-age' ten years older than me. :o

Any day you wake up is a great one, the sun is shining (or soon will be), Chang-Draught is cheap, your wife/GF will smile back if you smile at her, the 2nd-hand bookstores are full of new books to enjoy, there are plenty of things to laugh at (or people to wind up) on TV, it's a wonderful life ! All they need is a simple reminder of these facts - tell them so, after they've bought you a beer ! :D

It's nice to see someone who sees their glass as half full rather than half empty.

:o

Why in the world in this day and age would a man in Thailand get involved with a woman only 20 years his junior. The international rule to determine the maximum age of a woman for a serious relationship is: Half of your age plus 7 years. The poor woman is far beyond her Consume Before Date! I hope she doesn't have the big hair yet. No wonder he doesn't sleep.

Edited by grantbkk