Sad Old People

rimbung

What's worse than a whinging whinger is a whinging whinger who whinges about whingers.

I get your point, mate, but people deal with things in different ways. A lot of folks are truly experiencing culture shock. Maybe you could start up some kind of help group for farang on the edge and give them a glimpse of how to share in the idyllic paradise which you have so unmistakably carved out for yourself. Maybe you could offer a few compassionate words of comfort and calm. I hope it all works out for you.

However, IMHO, if you don't like the whingers in Thailand, then maybe it's time for you to go home.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fact ..... let me think .... I bet he is here on a retired visa (O or something, maybe marriage one), and he publicly clain he is doing work.

Unless he does have a WP, he is simply an illegal foreign worker in Thailand, and he should be send to jail. Am I right? His attitude from the start denote not only bad behavior for the fellow expats, but a very bad behavior with respect for Thai culture and Thai laws.

I am supposing he is simply another Troll.

Get real , you old man

Wow wow wow..your being a tad presumptious arn't ya...how do you know he hasnt got a business, work permit etc...

as far as troll's go im thinking that is you....and i like YOUR attitude to your fellow expats by even suggesting that someone should be flung in a Thai jail for not having a work permit(if indeed he doesn't) what type of idiot are you...

That is the law , me thing, no WP mean you can not work. If you do, then it's illegal, and yes, go to jail.

forgot to tell, people like the OP are not fellow expats to me.

Did I hit a nerve? Are you working illegally?

Edited by ericB

That is the law , me thing, no WP mean you can not work. If you do, then it's illegal, and yes, go to jail.

No nerves hit, work permit nice n safe..,.i just cant stand people who find it enjoyable and quite happy to see others go to jail especially in Thailand over a little thing like a work permit so f*&%^in what if he doesnt have a permit no skin off anybody's nose if he wants to run the risk so be it..and just because he posted saying about all the grumps he has suddenly become public enemy number 1....grow up

No nerves hit, work permit nice n safe..,.i just cant stand people who find it enjoyable and quite happy to see others go to jail especially in Thailand over a little thing like a work permit so f*&%^in what if he doesnt have a permit no skin off anybody's nose if he wants to run the risk so be it..and just because he posted saying about all the grumps he has suddenly become public enemy number 1....grow up

anyway ..........

Why in the world in this day and age would a man in Thailand get involved with a woman only 20 years his junior. The international rule to determine the maximum age of a woman for a serious relationship is: Half of your age plus 7 years. The poor woman is far beyond her Consume Before Date! I hope she doesn't have the big hair yet. No wonder he doesn't sleep.

I've never heard this before, so I just worked it out, I'm 35 and my missus is............24 - spooky. Mind you by that formula the OP is only 1 year out.

I wonder how many others out there conform to the 1/2 your age and add 7 years theory?

if that international rule exists can it be enforced under thai law? it means that i can exchange my nearly 58 years old bride for one who 39 years old.

<snip>

Edited by Jai Dee
flame (although toungue-in-cheek) deleted

In fact ..... let me think .... I bet he is here on a retired visa (O or something, maybe marriage one), and he publicly clain he is doing work.

Unless he does have a WP, he is simply an illegal foreign worker in Thailand, and he should be send to jail. Am I right? His attitude from the start denote not only bad behavior for the fellow expats, but a very bad behavior with respect for Thai culture and Thai laws.

I am supposing he is simply another Troll.

Get real , you old man

Wow wow wow..your being a tad presumptious arn't ya...how do you know he hasnt got a business, work permit etc...

as far as troll's go im thinking that is you....and i like YOUR attitude to your fellow expats by even suggesting that someone should be flung in a Thai jail for not having a work permit(if indeed he doesn't) what type of idiot are you...

Well in his OP he did say he was retired but then went on to regale us how the world's press are hammering down his door two or three times weekly to get the lowdown on whinging old git expats with 20 yo bargirl wives. Whether living in Thailand on a retirement visa and writing articles for foreign publications for monetary return requires a work permit is open to question. But, assuming the money is not earnt from within Thailand, I believe a WP would not be required. This then leaves us with three possibilities:-

1. He is telling it like it is. If this is true, assuming he takes up the offers (who wouldn't?), where are all these articles unless he's a cr@p journo?

2. He is bullsh1tting, plain and simple.

and,

3. The press are beating his door down to get at his little hottie while he types up his stories which explains the tail end of #1. Also explains why he is locked out of the boudoir in the early hours of the morning all bitter and twisted.

It is possible to love a place and still see through the glitz to the warts and scars and want to change things for the better. But there are a band of people who always like to knock down anyone who complains about anything in Thailand. What a lot of these people are saying is "for God's sake don't educate these people or we'll lose our cheap little retirement bolthole". These people are content to drift through life insulated in their little bubbles completely isolated to the realities of life around them. Each to his own.

Middle aged ,56 year old expat with a 36 year old luk krung wife(50/50 Thai american stunner).

Since when was 56 middle-aged? You're old.

I'm 61 and don't consider myself old.

In fact some mornings when I wake up I feel like a teenager, unfortunately there's never a teenager around when I wake up.

:o

Patrick

There seems to be a lot of what we in the UK call sad old gits on this foum. They moan and groan about pensions,food,girlfriends, life up country or for some of the even sadder ones (here in Khon Kaen where I live) dogs bikes and bus's.

I'll put my hat on the table. Middle aged ,56 year old expat with a 36 year old luk krung wife(50/50 Thai american stunner).

Been married 9 years and life is like I won the lottery. Been here for a decade. In the old days I'd be hard pushed to see a Farang...now they are wall to wall downtown. The pension goes a long way in Issan!.

I have spent most of my life as a journalist but I am now retired. However I get at least two or three calls a week from UK and US newspapers asking for a feature on the 'Sad old guys with the young wives or girlfriends' story

One old geezer here in KK (american) seems to wallow in his misery. If he ain't complaining about buying a lock for his bike it is the bus to another local city that ripped him off for 80 baht. The latest moan from Rex is that he paid 1200baht for a series of shots and treatment down the local private hospital after a "rabid dog" bit him. In the USA he'd be talking thousands of dollars :o

The Khon Kaen Ram hospital has to be one of the best deals on the planet.

Can I just suggest if you don't like the country then p**s of back home.

Or just shut the F**** up.

Most of us are happy here and those who don't like it can take a trip back to reality.

What winds me up the most is that this was a nice place before the moaners and groaners got here.

And for you visa whingers, get a wife or get a life :D

I think it's homesickness more than anything.

Getting bitten by a dog, having to have rabies shots and then paying a largish sum in local terms; well what do you expect him to do? turn freakin cartwheels!

I hope you are not one of these guys who never moans; talk about problems for the rest of us.

But I agree some guys are well over the top. I think they get in to a habit. Back in Farangland someone would just tell them to shut up, but The Thais just let these things go on and on.

Wow, you bring back memories of the good old days in USA, re: the various complainers during the Vietnam war era. Since you are a retired journalist, maybe you would have the skills to make money selling bumper stickers, refrigerator magnents, etc that say - THAILAND, LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT. Hope you didn't pay to much for your stunner wife.

Wow, you bring back memories of the good old days in USA, re: the various complainers during the Vietnam war era. Since you are a retired journalist, maybe you would have the skills to make money selling bumper stickers, refrigerator magnents, etc that say - THAILAND, LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT. Hope you didn't pay to much for your stunner wife.

I think you may be one of these

No need then of any better example of exactly why its not a good idea to introduce your wife here on TV.

I don't like the OP's views and outlook on life - but no need to attack his wife, even if he was so dumb (Changed-up) to have introduced her here.

I read this thread before anyone else had replied - i did have a cutting reply to the OP but decided he wasn't worth the finger exercise and that i would leave it up to the established grumpy old gits (who i love dearly) to reply.

Which they did with flying colours!! As usual!! :o

And if we were wrong in our understanding about the OP's Thai American stunner ?

STUNNER:

A Stunner is a general term for a science fiction weapon that is designed to temporarily impair the motor and/or cognitive functions of a living being, usually by rendering it unconscious, but otherwise unharmed.

A captive bolt pistol (also variously known as a cattle gun, stunbolt gun, or stunner) is a device used for stunning animals prior to slaughter.

The nickname given to professional wrestler Stone Cold Steve Austin's finisher, the Stone Cold Stunner.

A mouse or related rodent monster in the Final Fantasy series.

Stunner (comics), a Marvel Comics character, associated with Doctor Octopus

Hey my wife is a stunner, but im in my 20's and would never think about being with an ugly girl.

Who knows and who cares if his wife is a stunner or not, i think the people who question him also maybe abit jealous or they are right and think he is insecure. So who really knows.

:D I don't think you have the right to critize people if they want to :D whinge! bitch or otherwise!!!We all do it but that doesn't mean you have the authority to tell people to &lt;deleted&gt; off!!!! :o It sounds to me you live your life through rosey colored glasses and you must be pretty bored that you talk so much crap! maybe you need to go to a forum for WANABE's!!!! :D have a nice day :D

I think that the negative types should be grateful to the 'rose-tinted glasses brigade'.

It provides them with something else to whinge about.

My generation was often referred to as 'generation x' and was identified with cynicism and depression.

Luckily many of us grew out of it and now love life.

Perhaps the 'flower-power generation' are paying for their earlier optimism by being miserable now? :o

I think if the whingers posted their age along with their whing you would be surprised at how young many are. Don't blame it all on age. Some of these guys are born whingers. Someone should start a survey as to where people think most of these whingers originate from? Is whinging hereditary? Who whinges most guys or gals? Do whingers get better with practice? Do they whing about the same thing all the time or about everything? Why does TV have so many? Enlighted me please. :D:o

I think if the whingers posted their age along with their whing you would be surprised at how young many are. Don't blame it all on age. Some of these guys are born whingers. Someone should start a survey as to where people think most of these whingers originate from? Is whinging hereditary? Who whinges most guys or gals? Do whingers get better with practice? Do they whing about the same thing all the time or about everything? Why does TV have so many? Enlighted me please. :D:o

Whingers whinge because they are unhappy plain and simple, women moan about us, but whingers whinge about everything and anything, yes i would think it is hereditary...

He is an idea why dont they have there own sub-forum....

Happy TV then :D

I'm 46, English, and I consider myself a born borderline whinger, and it's a particularly British, Aussie, and American trait (the latter suppress it to a dangerous extent) in particular in my view. I think it's a natural trait in any healthy person and am suspicious of people who don't have a bit of the black in them. Surely, it's an expression of pain of some sort and is a transitive stage whilst coming to terms with real emotions. Nothing wrong with a good gripe as life is pretty hard if you're being honest about it, plenty wrong if you find yourself doing it all the time though. Curiously, moaners often tend to be gutsy people too (I cite Churchill) who was a notorious pain in the proverbial.

There is the hardcore whinger who is particularly difficult to be around. I find deadpan humour helps here to protect one's sanity.

But if you feel effected by someone just having a good old moan, then maybe you need to ask yourself if you're not struggling with your own emotions. Maybe you are also feeling a tad peed off, or are simply feeling knackered.

Hey, beenthere, who knows, you may be a closet whinger- what do you reckon? :D

The use of the word "git" puts the OP up as a Pom.....they are all whingers anyway......

arent they ????? :o

BTW.....me 51.....my wife 32 going on 33......pretty close to the 1/2 + 7 rule.....works for us.

Edited by gburns57au