Which Brand For Refregator And Washing Machine And Aircon?

BKKDUDE

Hi,

If you had to buy new refreg and washing machine and which brand and model you go for? and how many years warrenty?

I'm looking to spend 7-8000 Bhat on each maximum. Thanks for any advice

8,000 baht max budget each item ?? You'll be looking at near bottom of the range fridge & wash machine, so no point in me suggesting particular brand/models. Decent aircons start from 20,000 baht.

And you'll only get the manufacturer's guarantee (1 year at most), unless you buy more expensive brand names that might offer extended warrenty.

Without doubt the lowest prices (for exact same models) can be found in Makro, behind Big C, other side main road. Not such a big range, but best buys there. Next best would be Big C, and have extensive range of products.

Sorry Ping, but I don't rate Carrefour for household/electrical items.

big c

for the fridge and washing machine just buy a mid ranged one and then bin it in a few yrs if it chucks it, repeat as required :o

Exactly what I do for our rental units, buy a decent name for cheapest price, then bin when appliance sparks out. Never think about repair anymore as there is no guarantee at all by the manufacturer's service agents. Paid 4,000 baht to repair Samsung fridge/freezer, lasted 3 months. Could buy a new one for 8,500 baht, even less if promotional offer at Makro. After that I just threw them out. BTW, I would not buy Samsung fridge/freezer any more. Now buy Sharp for about 9,000 baht.

Without doubt the lowest prices (for exact same models) can be found in Makro, behind Big C, other side main road. Not such a big range, but best buys there. Next best would be Big C, and have extensive range of products.

Sorry Ping, but I don't rate Carrefour for household/electrical items.

Why not? I have found that Big C and Carrefour tend to stock much the same goods at often identical prices. When I bought a surround unit a few months ago, the same product was exactly the same price at both stores. (I bought it in Big C and then happened to notice it at Carrefour.) Seems to be much the same with whitegoods.

Ping, Seems to me that Big C have got far more floor space for household appliances than Carrefour = far more range. I could be wrong, but I looked about Carrefour a few times, and thought the stock range limited. But it's not worth travelling into Phuket Town shops if you live in Patong... :o

Yes I agree there is a slightly larger selection at Big C, but the selection is not too bad at Carrefour. Put it this way, if I wanted new whitegoods, there is an ample range chose from at Carrefour without having to drive over to Big C. But each to their own, I suppose. (Gawd, we can waste good 'paper' on the most trivial of pointers!) Personally, the only reason I would go to Big C now is if I wanted a new mobile (at the shops, not the hypermart.) Jungceylon is the best thing that has happened to Patong in years, IMHO. I remember the nay-sayers when it first opened, with comments like 'It won't last'. Unbelievable.