Any Online Gamers? Which Isp Do You Use?

tycann

Hey all,

Any online gamers out there? Do you game with success?

This is yet another thread by a man at wit's end with his ISP. I use BuddyBB, on the laughable 1/512 plan, though thaivisa speed test gives me 75/20 at peak times. I have concluded that Buddy is not actually an ISP, but a hellspawn of Satan designed to incur wrath in all those who are tempted by it's cheap prices. I;m a pretty mellow guy, but Buddy makes me want to go on a killing spree.

I try to play online games, specifically online poker (play money, not real money, *Ahem*) I get disconnected all the time. On one new one I just downloaded, I get disconnected about every 30 seconds. I called Buddy's support line and, of course, it has been disconnected.

Similarly, my international browsing sucks now, which used to be Buddy's strong point. It is barely usable during peak times.

So, enough of a rant, any of you guys game online (specifically poker) with success? I can't afford some insane business or sme connection, but I really shouldn't need one since people other places in the world seem to be able to play with dial up. I am aware that all the ISPs pretty much blow in Thailand, but there's gotta be something I can do! I'm willing to stop just short of taking the president of CAT hostage.

I use the only ISP that is available to me in my area, TOT. I used to use True, and apart from the slightly more frequent outages and slow downs they are much the same.

Do I game with success? Well I do ok. I have always used a 512/2000 connection speed and play comfortably online on my PC for games like TF2, BF2, and via Xbox Live. I mostly play First Person Shooters and am quite competent even when playing Rainbow Six Vegas on 'red dot friendly' US servers. I get my fair share of the spoils.

If you are having trouble playing poker I can't imagine what it would be like trying to play a bandwidth intensive game like an FPS. Perhaps its time to consider a better internet package?